2500 Points - World Eaters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

2500 Points - World Eaters

This army is going to be used against an Iron Warriors army who will be ordnance heavy. The hope is that the bikes will just be fire absorbers and if lucky, they'll survive and hopefully summon the bloodletters following turn. Yes i know its 10 points over, but the person im playing is something like 2506 and he said aslong as the difference in points isn't greater than 5 it shouldn't matter. Anyway, what do you think?

HQ

Lt - MoK, Melta Bombs, Terminator Armour - 85

ELITES

x8 Possessed w/ Asp C. - MoK, Talons, Mutation - 226

TROOPS

x8 Beserker w/ Asp C. - MoK, Chainaxes, FnP, Power Fist, Strength, Mutation, Spiky, Furious - 214

x8 Beserker w/ Asp C. - MoK, Chainaxes, FnP, Power Fist, Strength, Mutation, Spiky, Furious - 214

x8 Bloodletters - 208

FAST ATTACK

x8 Bikes w/ Asp C. - MoK, Chainaxes, FnP, Power Fist, Strength, Mutation, Spiky, Furious - 354

HEAVY SUPPORT

Defiler - Guess Range and T.L Las Cannons - 205

Defiler - Guess Range and T.L Las Cannons - 205

Predator - Turret Mounted Las Cannons and Side Sponsons - 145

Total - 2510

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Just beyond the veil of reality (the darkness comes!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as you are going up against iron warrios I might suggest somehow squeezing a melta bomb on each of your aspiring champions, in case you wind up getting tank shocked, it's also a nasty surprise that he won't see coming.

I would also put your lt on the bike, the terminator armor won't save you from the lascannons they surely will have running amok.

Be careful with your defilers and predator, I can only guess that there will be plenty of ordinance flying around, presumably at least 1 piece of it being a basilisk and another being an indirect fire equipped defiler or two. I can tell you that if you try indirect firing your defilers, they won't live to see turn 2, but then again, if the defilers are firing at them they're ignoring the berzerkers, so perhaps this is a good thing.

I would consider dropping some of your heavy armor in favor of another squad of berzerkers, possessed marines, or some foot slogging goodness, because if there's one thing that makes IW cry it's a massed rush. Your predator will get raped, because he's inevitably also got a plethora of obliterators roaming aimlessly, along with lascannons buried in squads that are just aching for a sweet shot at the side armor of your pred. However, again, the more fire your armor draws, the less is on your troops, which is ultimately a good thing, especially if your foot sloggers are equipped to deal with tanks (either chainfists or melta bombs)

oh... almost forgot, talisman of burning blood, you need to get across that field right quick and against IW he can't do that "look boy! chase the monolith!" crap, and as long as your as's are carrying an anti-tank device of some sort, you'll never be heading into something you can't beat. To make room for that, I'd suggest dropping feels no pain, because if your AS is the last man in the squad, a 4+ invul save of sorts isn't going to save him, and lascannons, powerfists, and ordinance will still fry him.
    Last edited by Ubernyaw; February 23rd, 2006 at 23:08.
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
    - Rome: Total War

my armies
    9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
    Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
    Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

Ok, cheers. I'm not too sure about the Melta Bombs, im sure my Powerfists will do the job because they will be hitting at S10, meaning 6 attacks with 2's to glance. Here is the list of vehicles he has -

x2 Defilers
    x1 Basilisk
    x1 Vindicator

Im living in the hope i can get first turn and fluke some kills on his heavy armour because when thats gone, I should be ok. My bikes will draw some of the fire hopefully, because i am just going to turbo boost them forward. The squad itself is quite lethal and his regular CSMs will have will have problems with that. Its either, shoot the bikes or wait for them to charge. Also, the fact i'll have bloodletters off table will mean that he'll have to use alot of firepower on the bikes to get rid of them. Bloodletters and bikes second turn charge would be so much fun for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Ok, lets see here.

Lt - MoK, Melta Bombs, Terminator Armour - 85
    Really cheap lord, but he just doens't seem that effective to me. He is too slow and just won't cut it in CC. I would suggest a more expensive but more effective lord similar to the following:

Chaos Lord - 102 points.
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemonic Resilience
    Power Weapon
    Close Combat Weapon
    Frag Grenades

He's fast, has toughness 5, has a good amount of attacks and ignore's armour saves. Another Lord is this one:

Chaos Lord (Daemon Prince) - 110 points.
    Daemonic Stature
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemonic Venom
    Daemonic Aura

This Lord is probally more better then the first one for fighting Iron Warriors because of his Inv. save. He ignores saves, and is fast with D. Speed.

Sense your facing tank heavy armies you could add on Melta Bombs to the Lords if you like.

One of the benefits Possessed get is the ability to take a Daemon Gift. You didn't seem to give your possessed any so I'd reccomend adding D. Talons.(from my understanding you took some on your AC but not possessed. Correct me if im wrong). I'd also consider giving them some way of tranportation. You could do this buy giving your Possessed Talisman of the Burning Blood or a Rhino with smoke and extra armour.

x8 Bloodletters - 208
    I'd take off Strength. You don't need it as much because of your Powerfist. Also, these like your Possessed, need a way of transportation. I'd do this by getting Talisman of the Burning Blood or a Rhino.

x8 Bikes w/ Asp C. - MoK, Chainaxes, FnP, Power Fist, Strength, Mutation, Spiky, Furious - 354
    Strength isn't neccesary here so I'd take it off for extra points to be spent on other ways of your choice - maybe beafing up your Lt. like I suggested earlier.

Here's just some general tips: (1) Make sure you target fast units such as bikers and land speeders with your Predator. Otherwise he'll just lure your Berserkers away from the rest of your army. (2) Use cover whenever possible. He'll be raining fire down on you so expect to be damaged before you get to CC. (3) If you get fire turn then target his main vehicles. If you destroy at least one on the first turn it will help a lot. (4) After you let out the Daemons with your Bikers, then charge his main heavy weapon squads and tanks. That will distrupt his lines and disable some of his firepower raining down on your Berserkers and Possessed. It will also make him have to deal with the Bikers instead of shooting at your main units.

Goodluck,

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

I agree 5 str 10 attacks are better than 1 srt 8 with 2d6 pen. Expecally considering that his best possable armor is going to be 13, with 12's far more likely & common. In this case the fist beats the meltabomb. (it should there are a lot more points tied up into it.)
    I think that Ubernyaw is right about the feel no pain and talismans of burning blood though.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

Cheers for the help guys and yeah, all the possessed have talons lol. Here is a changed list. I've given all units that can have blood frenzy, Talisman of Burning Blood, My HQ has changed and i have dropped the lascannons from my Defilers.

HQ

Lord - MoK, Stature, Speed, ToBB Talons, Aura - 130

ELITES

x8 Possessed w/ Asp C. - MoK, Talons, ToBB, Mutation - 231

x8 Possessed w/ Asp C. - MoK, Talons, ToBB, Mutation - 231

TROOPS

x8 Beserker w/ Asp C. - MoK, Chainaxes, FnP, Power Fist, ToBB, Mutation, Spiky, Furious - 214

x8 Beserker w/ Asp C. - MoK, Chainaxes, FnP, Power Fist, ToBB, Mutation, Spiky, Furious - 214

x8 Bloodletters - 208

FAST ATTACK

x8 Bikes w/ Asp C. - MoK, Chainaxes, FnP, Power Fist, Mutation, Spiky, Furious - 354

HEAVY SUPPORT

Defiler - Guess Range - 175

Defiler - Guess Range - 175

Predator - Turret Mounted Las Cannons and Side Sponsons - 145

Total - 2505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Lord - MoK, Stature, Speed, ToBB Talons, Aura - 130
    I'd take out ToBB because you can't use it if you're using D. Speed. Also, I'd take out Talons. They aren't much as much help because he has stature. However, if you wanted, you could keep talons and just take out ToBB. It would take you within 2500 pts.

Ben
    Last edited by brushman; February 24th, 2006 at 16:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

Ah yes i forgot about that lol...silly me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

You really need to double check your points costs. I see that the Possessed are off... the Berzerkers are off.... the Bikes are off...

Don't bother giving Feel No Pain to the Champions. Waste of points, since you shouldn't be taking wounds onto them anyways.

Give the Lord 2x CCW and Daemonic Strength, and slap on Feel No Pain as well.

You know, I really wouldn't even bother with the Defilers. You're not going to be able to out Ordnance him, so why bother? See my post in the World Eateres vs. Iron Warriors thread to see what I would invest into other than them.

+ Reply to Thread