1000 point Slaanesh and Tzeentch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point Slaanesh and Tzeentch

This 1000 point list is cut down from the 1500pt army that I am aiming at. As discussed in an older thread a Tzeentch leiutenant is subverting the will of a slaanesh lord and his forces. He has reconfigured his troops to 6 man squads as part of the deception.

This list is led by the tzeentch leiutenant, the full 1500 will be led by the slaanesh lord. As such, even though the list will scale to have more Slaanesh units than t, there are about even numbers now (slaanesh stuff is counting as elite because of the Tz. leader).

HQ
    Leiutenant 151
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Disk of Tzeentch
    Wind of chaos
    Demonic visage
    Bolt pistol
    Power weapon
    Demonic essence
    Demonic resilience

Elites
    6 noise marines 173
    Aspiring champ
    Frags
    Power weapon
    Demonic visage
    Blastmaster
    Infiltrate

6 havocs 192
    Mark of Slaanesh
    3 blastmaster
    Tankhunters

Troops
    6 1000 sons 197
    Aspiring Champ
    Bolt of change
    2 Thrall wizards

6 1000 sons 197
    Aspiring Champ
    Bolt of change
    2 Thrall wizards

6 Demonettes 90

Total = 1000 points

Can you guy let me know how this might fare? I will also post the full 1500 points soon along with full fluff.

Cheers.

Last edited by buzzin_yoof; February 24th, 2006 at 19:09. Reason: Missed out a unit!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this list can fair very well against almost anyone and I am looking forward to seeing your 1500 point list.
    Last edited by Caluin; February 24th, 2006 at 19:16. Reason: Oh gods, lay off the caps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Very interesting concept. I always like hearing when people create their own fluff.

As for the list -
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzin_yoof
    HQ
    Leiutenant 151
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Disk of Tzeentch
    Wind of chaos
    Demonic visage
    Bolt pistol
    Power weapon
    Demonic essence
    Demonic resilience
    As you have him now, he doesn't fit in with the rest of the army. He's also illegal, but I have a quick fix for him. Drop Daemonic Essence. There is never a reason to give it to a LT. A LT with Essence is simply a neutered Lord.

The Disc just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the army. You have one infiltrating unit that is going to attract a large amount of fire, one stationary unit, and two slow moving units. A fast Lord is doing nothing but making himself a target once those Noise Marines reach Close Combat. You're also wasting the high BS with Wind of Chaos, and he's not really anything special in Close Combat. So what does he do?

Really, you'd probably be better off with a Terminator Lt with Bolt of Change and a few thralls attached to a 1K Sons squad.

Moving on.

I am a firm believer that Blastmasters do not belong in Havoc squads. They lack the AP to be a threat to MEQs, and Autocannons have higher strength for dealing with tougher enemies such as TMCs and Orks. However, Varied Frequency does complement Autocannons nicely, so I would try maybe one mixed with three Autocannons just for the chance for Pinning effects.

The CC Noise Marines are fine, but the Champion needs Daemonic Strength badly.

The 1K Sons squads could use with a Powerfist for the Champ, and perhaps some more Thralls. If they see Close Combat, they'll be eaten alive.

Lastly, the Daemonettes. You have only two units that are capable of summoning them - one is designed to stay away from the enemy, and the other is unlikely to live beyond turn 2 (Close Combat squads rarely do well when not supported). While they'll be nice to have later on when you have more summoning points, right now I think of them as wasted points.
    Last edited by Caluin; March 6th, 2006 at 19:13.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Sorry for taking so long but let's see what I've got to say that Caluin has not already.

He is spot on when talking about the Lt, I have yet to field a good CC-HQ for the sons. They are at their best when using that high BS and Bolt of Change.
    If you want to get close I suggest a Slaaneshi HQ instead, They are better suited for that.

When it comes to the Slaaneshi-elements of your army I'm a bit curious. I have never used them myself but if I would I would use them due to their relatively high initiative, hence they would be CC-orientated. When it comes to shooting you've got the Sons and they excell at this. Especialy if you have your HQ attached to one of them.

I would infiltrate both the Slaaneshi units and have them slow the enemy. Be careful not to block the LoS for the Sons.

IF you are intending on using Wind of Chaos do it from a Rhino. But since you have no other vehicles in your list it would be a prime target for any heavy weapons your opponent might bring.

Good luck and sorry for the slow reply.

+ Reply to Thread