1000pt Tzeentch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000pt Tzeentch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Tzeentch

-HQ - 156
    Chaos Sorcerer w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Darkblade, Disc of Tzeench, Deamonic Resiliance, Wind of chaos, Deamonic Aura, bolt pistol

or (I'm not sure if it is allowed)

-HQ - 156
    Chaos Sorcerer lord w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Darkblade, Chaos Bike, Wind of chaos, Deamonic Aura, bolt pistol

-Elite - 210
    3 x Obliterators

-Troops - 398
    5 x Rubric Marines w/ Mark of Tzeentch
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Bolt Pistol, Powerfist, 4 x Thrall Wizards

1 x Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Bolt Pistol, Powerfist, 4 x Thrall Wizards

-Fast Attack - 237
    5 x Bikers w/MoCU
    1 x Meltagun
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ powerfist, 2 x Chaos Hounds, Teleport Homer

Tactics:
    I want to do a 2 pronged attack, one is rather assaulty and the other shooty. The Sorcerer lord on disc/bike will accompany the bikers as they charge the enemy flank. I expect the hounds to absorb 2 wounds and hopefully allow the bikers to cross the board intact, where I intend to teleport an obliterator. The lord will then cast wind of chaos and charge and the bikers will attempt to destroy armor or engage infantry while the obliterator shoots things up and the rubric marines advance with the other 2 obliterators shooting off bolts of change. I know this list is light on models but all save the bikers have 2 wounds and the bikers have T 5 and 2 wounds of meat shield. Also, I know it’s not fluffy to use obliterators for a 1k sons army but they seem far more durable than flamers and this is technically a black legion list anyway. Any comments would be appreciated.
    -Grim

Last edited by Grim Psyker; March 7th, 2006 at 03:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Somewhere within the dark deeps of oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your gonna play a 100% thousand sons army you cant have obliterators or bikers.
    And i´d say rubric terminators are better you get five of ´em for the same cost as three obliterators and they have more wounds, and take some daemons instead of the bikes.
    Otherwise it looks good.
    Long ago there was something in me, but now that thing is gone,
    I cannot cry, I cannot care, that thing will come back no more.

If you like someone's post and/or found it useful please add to their reputation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Psyker
    -HQ - 156
    Chaos Sorcerer w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Darkblade, Disc of Tzeench, Deamonic Resiliance, Wind of chaos, Deamonic Aura, bolt pistol
    this one is good
    or (I'm not sure if it is allowed)

-HQ - 156
    Chaos Sorcerer lord w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Darkblade, Chaos Bike, Wind of chaos, Deamonic Aura, bolt pistol

-Elite - 210
    3 x Obliterators
    drop them not tzeentchy enough
    -Troops - 398
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Bolt Pistol, Powerfist, Thrall Wizards

1 x Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Bolt Pistol, Powerfist, Thrall Wizards
    398 points, right:w00t: , try 414
    -Fast Attack - 237
    5 x Bikers w/MoCU
    1 x Meltagun
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ powerfist, 2 x Chaos Hounds, Teleport Homer

drop this 287 point unit, you can't have them in tzeentch
    Tactics:
    I want to do a 2 pronged attack, one is rather assaulty and the other shooty. The Sorcerer lord on disc/bike will accompany the bikers as they charge the enemy flank. I expect the hounds to absorb 2 wounds and hopefully allow the bikers to cross the board intact, where I intend to teleport an obliterator. The lord will then cast wind of chaos and charge and the bikers will attempt to destroy armor or engage infantry while the obliterator shoots things up and the rubric marines advance with the other 2 obliterators shooting off bolts of change. I know this list is light on models but all save the bikers have 2 wounds and the bikers have T 5 and 2 wounds of meat shield. Also, I know it’s not fluffy to use obliterators for a 1k sons army but they seem far more durable than flamers and this is technically a black legion list anyway. Any comments would be appreciated.
    -Grim
    your list is quite ileegal and off in points, drop the non tzeentch stuff and up your tzeentchy. Also I do not see where you get your points from, I followed the way you formatted it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was making a Tzeentch themed black legion army, but thanks. How about this for a pure 1k sons list.

-HQ - 209
    Chaos Sorcerer lord w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Darkblade, Chaos Bike, Wind of chaos, Deamonic Aura, Teleport Homer, Eye of Tzeentch, 2 x Chaos Hounds, Melta Bombs

-Elite - 248
    5 x Rubric Terminators
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Wind of Chaos, Powerfist

-Troops - 549
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, 2 Thrall Wizards

1 x Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, 2 Thrall Wizards

Tactics: If I understand this right I can turbo boost the Sorcerer Lord giving him a 3+ invulnerable save. The Eye of Tzeentch then confers a reroll on an armor save, then I can allocate 2 wounds to the hounds before the Lord has to take a hit. That should get him to the enemy lines intact where he can teleport in the terminators. All the while the rubric marines advance and shoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

The pure 1000 Sons list looks not bad. Personally, I'd combine the 3 squads into two of 9 models; you get the free AC and the fairly tough units you had before become near indestructable. You would lose a Bolt of Change, but you could always stick a Lt in/near one of the squads to fix that problem. Also, I'd replace the melta bombs on your lord with a meltagun (he is riding a bike afterall). If you think your lord might be doing some tank hunting as well as combat the meltagun seems like a more effective option then the bombs and with a darkblade you stand a chance of popping light vehicles in combat if the meltagun should fail (maybe not a good chance, but then counting on making the one hit that melta bombs allow isn't a great chance either). You also may want to upgrade the Terminator ACs power fist to a chain fist in case they're needed to take out a tank.

As they stand now I'd think your first list would be more effective, but then I've only played pure 1000 Sons (never used bikes) so I may well be wrong.
    -destp
    Thousand Sons ~2750 points | Eldar ~1000 points
    Tzeentch Daemons ~2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I think your first list was a much better idea. It was very balanced, and quite good. The Obliterators filled in a hole that most Tzeentch lists suffer severly from, and the bikers give you a measure of speed that allows you to quickly capture objectives or tie up/destroy important units.

Though, I would have dropped the Hounds in order to afford more Thralls for the Rubric squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your first list better too. I really wish I could find something to change, but really it's fine how it is, and sometimes you just need confirmation.

For 1000 points you've got a really tough well rounded list. You don't have a lot of units, but the units are all badass and make up for their lack of number with there toughness.

oblits and rubrikes have two wounds.
    your prince and bikes and oblits have big toughness.

so any 1000 point army is going to need alot of heavies to take you down effectively. the best way to make a tzeentch army I think, is to do what you did, and make a mix. Those bikes give you the fast attack you would otherwise lack and I love obliterators. But I think you still kept the tzeentch character alive well, and you could always paint everything blue and gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback. I am really glad you think the first list will be competative.

I chose the hounds purely to enhance the survivability of the bikers. I realize that thralls are cheaper and will have more of a bang, but I figure early game the bikers will be top priority targets along with the obliterators. But with the lord tailing the bikers I think they will get more attention.
    Do you think teleporting the lone obliterator to the bikers is a good idea or should all 3 be on the table? My thoughts where that by having the obliterator behind enemy lines I'd have a fire base that was safe from heavy weapons and not likely to fall to small arms fire. Also do you think the Lord needs a Demonic Rune? I could get the points from the hounds and make him rather nasty.
    Last edited by Grim Psyker; March 8th, 2006 at 07:11.

+ Reply to Thread