Thousand Sons 1850pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thousand Sons 1850pts

HQ

Lord of Change : 160
    -Winds of Chaos

Troops

9 x 2 Thousand Sons : 276
    -AC with:
    Bolt of Change
    Terminator Armor
    Powerfist

9 Thousand Sons : 311
    -AC with:
    Powerfist
    Bolt of Change
    All in a Rhino

9 Thousand Sons : 286
    -AC with:
    Daemonic Chains
    All in a Rhino

Heavy Support

Defilerx2 : 350
    -Indirect Fire

Preditor : 180
    -Lascannon Turret
    -Lascannon Sponsons
    -Extra Armor
    -Mutated Hull

Total: 1839

The 2 Rhinos run up, and my enemy has a 50/50 shot at which is holding the LoC, and my defilers get plopped behind some terrain with my pred for support. And the 2 Squads of TS footslog up the board.

What do you guys think?

-Centum

You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Hmm, I'm in many ways still fairly new to 40k, but why the Terminator Armour on the ACs? As I understand mixed armour rules, if you were to recieve enough wounds to the unit at least one of the saves would have to be made using the ACs terminator 2+/5+ and if by some odd chance you were to fail that save the AC would have to take the wound (and die). I may be misunderstanding the mixed armour rules, but as the AC generally can't be singled out anyways I'm not sure what advantage Terminator armour's really granting. Also, as you have some points left over, why do none of the ACs have Thralls?

Finally, it may just be a point of personal preference, but I really like Wind of Chaos and a Thrall for squad ACs in a rhino. You'll probably be getting close to the enemy anyways with them, and two Winds of Chaos combined with 8 rapid firing Bolters should be able to take out even the toughest unit that may have otherwise shredded you in Hand to Hand. Like I said, it's my personal preference and you may have a particular strategy for using the BoC in the rhino that I'm missing.

Overall looks good though.
    -destp
    Thousand Sons ~2750 points | Eldar ~1000 points
    Tzeentch Daemons ~2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to answer your question destp, about my ACs.. Terminator armor is cheaper than or the same price as giving him a power weapon or powerfist, and D. Mutation, with the added bonus of the 2+save and the 5+invuln, just in case you end up with just our AC left in combat (which happens to me a lot).

As to why no thralls, I forgot them haha, I knew I was forgetting something lol. I will fix that. As for why not take WoC on the AC in the Rhino, I usually end up almost tank hunting, anti-high point model killing unit. They just run around shooting bolts out at a safe range, and then when they get out, they just duke it out till they die... pretty effective thus far.

Thanks for the comment, anyone else?

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to answer your question destp, about my ACs.. Terminator armor is cheaper than or the same price as giving him a power weapon or powerfist, and D. Mutation, with the added bonus of the 2+save and the 5+invuln, just in case you end up with just our AC left in combat (which happens to me a lot).

As to why no thralls, I forgot them haha, I knew I was forgetting something lol. I will fix that. As for why not take WoC on the AC in the Rhino, I usually end up almost tank hunting, anti-high point model killing unit. They just run around shooting bolts out at a safe range, and then when they get out, they just duke it out till they die... pretty effective thus far.

Thanks for the comment, anyone else?

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

+ Reply to Thread