1500 Night Lords Casual - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entertaining the idea of playing night lords. Seem cool. Here is my initial list with them. Keep in mind this is the first time any army of mine has had any fair ammount of shooting, so be nice :oP

1502 pts if my math is correct

=======
    ||Troops||
    =======

5 Squads of 5x Marines 125/625pts
    ---------------------------
    MoCU
    Infultrate
    Stealth (+1 Cover save)
    1x Lascannon
    1x Plasma Gun
    3x Bolter
    Frags

==========
    ||Fast Attack||
    ==========
    3x Squads of 5 Bikes 215/645pts
    ------------------------
    MoCU
    Furious Charge
    2x Flamers
    3x TL Bolters
    Frags

=======
    ||Heavy||
    =======
    1x Predator 168pts
    ----------------
    1x Twin Linked Lascannon
    2x Lascannon sponsors
    Smoke Launchers
    Demonic Posession

=====
    ||HQ||
    =====
    1x Chaos Lord(Daemon Prince) 205pts
    -----------------------------------
    MoCU
    Chaos Bike
    Melta Bombs
    Power Fist
    Daemonic Aura/Armor
    Daemonic Essence
    Daemonic Mutation
    Daemonic Strength
    Daemonic Visage

============================
    The way this works out in my head is like this. The squads of marines infultrate in 5 diff spots, making good use of cover to keep them alive, and also making it hard to stop the pesky lascannons. I figure They can take out one a turn if they are really intent on it, and that would take their fire away from all my other crap. Allright, while the marines and pred are pinging the crap out of whatever armor or big troops they have, my bikes and lord cruise up, flame alot of stuff, then charge, hopefully winning their combat. I put flamers on them because I play agenst a fair ammount of swarm armies. So flamers are devistating. It will be hard if I play another space marine army since it will be only my 5 bikes vs their squad of a bigger number and the flamer wont do much to them. I am sure this army sucks the big one, but on paper it seems cool. Let me know what you think

Last edited by Caluin; March 23rd, 2006 at 06:43. Reason: Double Post. Use the Orange button to edit posts in the future.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Looks like a very good start.

The troops choices are slightly illegal at the moment. Stealth Adept is a Veteran Skill and counts against your maximum amount if you're marked. Since you're trying to take two Veteran Skills on a marked unit, you'll need to drop either one of the skills or the Mark. I also don't see a need for Frags on a shooting unit. When do you ever see them assaulting?

The Bikers are nice, though I don't think Flamers are the best choices for them. I'd go with Meltaguns instead. Flamers have a nasty habit of leaving your unit without a model in six inches to charge, which leaves expensive models open to shooting and counter-charges. Also, if you plan on having them in Close Combat, which I assume you are due to Furious Charge, then you should really invest into a Champion for each of those units. By themselves they'll be eaten alive, but with a Champion with a powerweapon + Daemonic Strength, they'll tear through enemy units like soft butter.

The Predator is great, but seems way out of place in this army. You have plenty of Lascannons through troops, and he's the only vehicle. It's a good set up, but just doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the army.

The Lord needs a bit of work. Drop the Powerfist - it'll only get him killed. Also drop Daemonic Essence. It's extremely unlikely that he'll ever take four wounds before he takes a powerfist to the face. Powerfists are the number one reason non-Statured ICs are killed - not shooting attacks or mass amount of close combat attacks, but the Powerfisted Champions. Invest into a Darkblade instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stealth adept does not count towards your vet skills cap. It is a special Night Lords thing to make up for our lack of Demons.

The other thing we get to make up for it is unlimited use of raptors. I would seriosly consider adding raptors to the mix. Good in an asault, they all have Daemonic Visage which means -2 to leadership, and they get the "Hit and Run ability". my army list is similar but with all raptors for fast attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by redliner777
    Stealth adept does not count towards your vet skills cap. It is a special Night Lords thing to make up for our lack of Demons.
    Yes it does count. There is no mention of the skill not counting towards the maximum amount of Veteran Skills. For example, Alpha Legion are able to take Infiltration but have a specific entry that states it doesn't count. Night Lords lack that sentence, so Stealth Adept counts against them.

+ Reply to Thread