1000pt Tzeentch Black Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Tzeentch Black Legion

-HQ - 145
    Chaos Sorcerer w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Darkblade, Chaos Bike, Wind of chaos, Deamonic Aura, bolt pistol

-Elite - 210
    3 x Obliterators

-Troops - 422
    8 x Rubric Marines w/ Mark of Tzeentch
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change , Bolt Pistol, Powerfist, 3 x Thrall Wizards
    =266
    8 x Chaos Space Marines (Infiltrate)
    2 x Plasma guns
    =156

-Fast Attack - 223
    5 x Bikers w/MoCU
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ powerfist
    2 x Meltagun

1000 pts

I have a couple of questions as to what would be more efficient: Should I get flamers instead of the infiltrating squad with plasma? I could get a squad of 6 for roughly the same points but I am leery of the range of doombolt. Should I get furious charge for the bikers and footslog the normal marines with the rubrics? I’m mildly concerned that the rubrics unpredictable speed might keep them out of range for too long. Would it be more effective if I put them in a transport and upgrade the champ more for close combat to make sure they get in range quickly?
    Thanks for your help,
    -Grim

Last edited by Grim Psyker; April 3rd, 2006 at 08:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

As the Rubrics are the first unit you deploy a cunning opponent can deploy out of range and that can potentially be devasting. This might be one reason to "unfiltrate" the plasma squad.
    As long as your Bikers bear the MoCU your Lord will not be able to join them, this might make him vulnerable for enemy fire.
    You are also a bit off on the points on the Rubrics, they should be 289 points.

Your bikers are dedicated tankhunters and that's a role they share with the Obliterators, you might consider dropping one of those units in favour of a full squad of flamers.
    Yes, their range might be a bit low, but once they get in range they are absolute monsters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had thought to use the bikers to tie up heavy weapons or act as a counter charge squad. As long as the lord is within an inch of them he can’t be targeted right? I had though he could join an undivided squad though… In the book of Tzeentch they talked about Arihman roaming the galaxy stealing artifacts and powerful psykers, I was kind a hoping to make a list that had a bit of that raider feel to it while still having a 1k sons character. This is what I started with But I think the rubric squads are too frail and possibly too slow.

-HQ - 145
    Chaos Sorcerer w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Darkblade, Chaos Bike, Wind of chaos, Deamonic Aura

-Elite - 210
    3 x Obliterators

-Troops - 436
    6 x Rubric Marines w/ Mark of Tzeentch
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Bolt Pistol, Powerfist, 3 x Thrall Wizards

6 x Rubric Marines w/ Mark of Tzeentch
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Bolt Pistol, Powerfist, 3 x Thrall Wizards

-Fast Attack - 213
    5 x Bikers w/MoCU
    1 x Meltagun
    1 x Aspiring Champion w/ powerfist

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Grim Psyker; April 3rd, 2006 at 12:59.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

As long as the lord is within an inch of them he can’t be targeted right?
    Not 100% sure right now, I'm bookless, but I think he can be targeted as long as he is the closest target.

This is what I started with But I think the rubric squads are too frail and possibly too slow.
    You could consider dropping one of the Obliterators in order to get a Rhino for one of them. This wold leave you a couple of points to spend on other things, frags for the HQ etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-HQ - 156
    Chaos Sorcerer w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Darkblade, Disc of Tzeentch, Wind of chaos, Deamonic Aura, Demonic Resilience, bp, frags

-Elite - 340
    5 x Bikers w/MoK + Chainaxes
    =200
    2 x Obliterators
    =140

-Troops - 505
    7 x Rubric Marines w/ Mark of Tzeentch + Aspiring Champion w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, familiar, Gift of chaos, Bolt Pistol, powerfist, mutation, 3x Thrall Wizards
    Rhino, extra armor, smoke
    =335
    10 x Chaos Space Marines MoCU
    2 x Plasma guns
    =170
    Last edited by Grim Psyker; April 13th, 2006 at 05:00.

+ Reply to Thread