1500pts Emperor's Children v Tau friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Emperor's Children v Tau friendly

Hi

My friend has recently started the new Tau, and now I'm going to be facing him in a 1500pt match. Normally I wouldn't bother posting a list on here when fighting a brand new army, but my opponent tends to 'uber-up' any army he owns, and the new Tau are no exception (his commander has 6 wounds, a 2+/4+ invul save and costs less than 200pts....).
    He will be taking at least one tank, a pirahna, 2/3 squads of firewarriors, 3 stealth suits, the aforementioned commander. a large squad of gun-drones and a squad of Kroot. Probably some Battlesuits as well. The tanks will be hard to take out in CC due to the new flechette launchers, so I'll have to do it from range...

Now, my main plan is to have my army cross the board as quickly as possible. We're using a small board anyway, so that won't be too hard (its only 3.5ft wide). I've also gone for a fairly swarm army (taking tanks would be suicide) and am infiltrating most of it.

HQ Lord - Power Weapon, BP, D.Str, D.aura, D.Speed, Combat Drugs,Infiltrate - 165pts
    I'm hoping for a first turn charge with this guy, and he's mainly a troop shredder.

Troops - 11 CSM + 1 Asp Champ - all with CC+BP and infiltrate. Champion has D.str and power weapon - 279

Troops - 12 CSM the same as above. Both designed to get as close as possible and support my lord.

Troops - 11 Daemonettes - 165pts. Meant to be summoned into the enemy lines, just some battlesuit shredders basically.

Fast Attack - 5 Bikers + 1 Asp Champ. 3 have sonic blasters, 2 have meltaguns and tankhunters. Champion has sonic blaster, power weapon and d.str. - 294pts
    My fast anti-tank, and possible use for a daemon bomb.

Heavy Support - 8 Havocs, 4 with lascannons, the rest with Bolters, all with infiltrate - 316 pts. My main anti-tank, the bolter guys are manily there as meatshields for the lascannon toting guys. They will definately be hidden in cover.

So, how do you think this will do? Granted I am literally infiltrating my entire army, but its vs Tau...and I'm not using Rhinos. Any suggestions for improvement appreciated.

Hive Fleet Fuzzy Bunny: Lots and lots of points of Nids (4000pts+)
    The Chapter of the Damned: 5500pts of Dark Angels
    The Children of Fulgrim: 5-6000pts of Emperors Children
    The Kabal of the Bloodied Claw: 2000pts of Dark Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why 11 daemonettes? One more model and the squad is favored; you might want to see if you can find the extra points to make it favored so that it comes in on a 3+ on turn 2 instead of a 4+.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Not too bad.

-Give the bikes and Icon so you can turbo boost and Daemon Bomb.
    -Drop the Lascannons for Missile Launchers. There is no way I can justify the price of Lascannons.

With the points saved, you can make the Daemonettes 12 strong to make use of their favored number. Also, none of the entries actually says "Mark of Slaneesh" did you add the points in and just not type it?

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

+ Reply to Thread