1500 World Eaters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 World Eaters

Hey, I'm still finishing my Iron Warriors army but I starting thinking about what I might want to do next and thought I would write up a Khorne list. So let me know what you think.

HQ
    ------
    Lord [131 pts] - MoK, Terminator Armour, CC Weapon, Axe of Khorne, Mutation, Frag Grenade

Elite
    -----
    Terminators [180 pts] - 4 Model retinue - 2 Chainfists, Free Icon

Troop
    ------
    3 x CSM [540] 7 + Champion, MoK, Khornate Chain Axe, AC - Powerfist, Talisman of Burning Blood
    Blood Letters [208]- 8 Models
    Heavy
    ------
    2 x Predator [290] Turret Autocannon & Lascannon Sponsons
    Dreadnaught [150] Destroyer upgrade, Extra Armour, Mutated Hull, extra CC weapon (I know this kind of sucks...but kind of wanted to model it just the same)

Total: 1499 -

What are your thoughts? The Dreadnaught isn't so good but I couldn't resist. It will probably get shot to hell having to march across the board to do anything useful.. And I didn't know what to put in for anti tank...so its just the predators...but I figured if I had to charge a tank with a unit I would give all the champions powerfists and chain fists for some termies.

*Edited...fix thanks to sephirth*

Last edited by The Green Knight; April 14th, 2006 at 07:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Models with the MoK cannot infiltrate.

Other than that, the list looks pretty good.
    Another squad will almost always benefit you more than a few upgrades to all squads. Remember: Troops before Toys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

the chain axes are great for anything with a armor save better than 4+. Vs marines it makes a huge diffrence.

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

for one point, the chain axes are ALWAYS worth it. never go without them., coz theres just too many armies youll piss off.

what are talking about in terms of the dreadie? hes great. armour 13, super fast, heaps of s10 attacks. cant see what thr problem is.

with the preds, the auto cannon as las cannons is an awkward combination. to fire all the weopans, the pred must stay stationary, otherwise it loses a lascannon. for the sake of moving 6 inches and shooting every thing, get a TL Lascannon turret and 2 heavy bolters. if you must have lascannon sponsons, then out a TL Lascannon on top. but thats justme. i hate autocannons that dont have tank hunter on them....

46 points wont buy squat in terms a new unit (unless you get chaos hound, or a couple of spawn) so just beef your lord up and make him a monster.

something i see is that all your units are on foot, so the bloodleters might come out a little early. prob wont matter too much, but for more effectivness in getting into CC, theres two things you could do.
    1) get some flesh hounds to tie up the enemy while your other units advace (esp. the terminators) god these things are fast!!!
    2)get some bikes to summon the bloodletters near the enemy and tie them up that way (as well as killing mos of them!!!)
    again,not critical, but soemthing to think about.

also, bloodthirster rules.

tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

something else.........

get smoke and extra armour (or dawmonic possession if you can swing it) on the dreadie and never go without it, esp with 2 CC weapons. it'll maximise its chance of survival (and for 8 points!!!!) plus theres a good chance itll blood rage, which makes it super fast, which makes smoke and armour a must.

to boost the CC in this army (it is khorne after all) you may want to take 2 dreadies and one pred. you can drop mutated hull and it'll still rock, if you need to save points. this isn't critical, but just a thought.

if you do decide to stick with preds, then id drop mutated hull from the dread and give it to a pred. then, if you used the last 46 points for hull on the other pred, you'd have two awsome preds. for an a14 tank, they end up being pretty cheap ,but i think having a14 on something is always useful.

cheers tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as far as the autocannon lascannon deal. I did it to save points. But as it looks like I have points to spare I can change it. I just was looking for something to tkae out tanks with. Especially ordanance. I was thinking about maybe taking a defiler with indirect fire, well one because the conversion would be fun, and two because it lets you hit almost any hidden vehicle on the table. The only problem I have with the TL lascannon and heavy bolter is that though I can shoot them at the same time they wouldn't be useful at the same target. Although, with the extra points I could just make it all las-cannon. The reason that I think the dread is kind of dumb is because, yes it is armour 13, but it has to march across the board, and even with a good amount of terrain its still going to have quite a few shots against it...I'll tweak with the left over points though and see what I can work out. Also possession would be a waste on the dread because extra armour will make sure that I still get to move and if I miss out on shooting 2 twinlinked bolters a turn I think I should be ok.
    Last edited by The Green Knight; April 14th, 2006 at 07:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

yo

when a dread gets skaken or stunned in combat, it loses attacks. possesion prevents this, so it has a use. also, in terms of marching across the board remember: smoke and destroyer (Blood Rage on 1 or 2). this should make sure he gets into combat, but hey, it a dice game after all............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't aware of the losing CC rule...can you tell me where you found it? I will definately have to squeeze the points out for possession than. That would render him pretty useless otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

no prob

sure thing.

page 72 of the 40k rule book, top of the 2nd column.

"immobilised, shaken and stunned walkers fight in combat with one less attack than normal (down to a minimum of one) but otherwise attack normally....."

so there ya go. i love possesion, but it is expensive (coz it rocks) but thats how veichle upgrades go....

+ Reply to Thread