2000 Death Guard- Infiltrate + Termy Heavy, No Vehicles! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Death Guard- Infiltrate + Termy Heavy, No Vehicles!

Ok, I have been throwing this list around my head for days At one point it looked very different, but ultimately I have settled on this. I went for an all infantry based list because I like the way it corresponds to their fluff. Usually, I try and stay away from terminators, but
    T5 makes them worth it, especially with lots of teleport homers. No scattering for Mr. Death anymore. Anyway, here it is, tear it to shreds.

HQ

Chaos Lord: Mark of Nurgle, Daemon Armour, Daemonic Essence, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Visage, Manreaper, Nurgle’s Rot- 160
    Chosen Terminator Retinue x6: Mark of Nurgle, 2 Aspiring Champions with Chainfists, 2 Reaper Autocannons- 309

Elites

Chosen Terminators x7: Mark of Nurgle, 2 Aspiring Champions with Chainfists, 2 Reaper Autocannons-350

Troops

Plague Marines x7: Infiltrate, 1 Aspiring Champion with Chainfist and Teleport Homer, 2Plasma Guns- 197
    Plague Marines x7: Infiltrate, 1 Aspiring Champion with Chainfist and Teleport Homer, 2 Plasma Guns- 197
    Plague Marines x7: Infiltrate, 1 Aspiring Champion with Chainfist and Teleport Homer, 2 Plasma Guns- 197
    Plague Marines x7: Infiltrate, 1 Aspiring Champion with Chainfist, 2 Plasma Guns- 192
    Plague Marines x7: Infiltrate, 1 Aspiring Champion with Chainfist, 2 Plasma Guns- 192

They all have Mark of Nurgle, but I'm not typing that six times.

Total: 1997

Ok, so being that they all infiltrate, once they move on turn 1 they should be in rapid fire range, and if I'm better at cc than the opponent, their in charge range by turn 2. This is assuming that they are starting out 18' away and not having to move through cover but you get the picture. I went for the plasma guns in this case but I haven't bought the models yet so I may change my mind, please give me your thoughts on that, or whether I should take a mix. Also, since they infiltrate I went for the chainfists for my anti-tank. The termies have a nice set up I think, and I'll spread the four teleport homers out across my line so that they can come in pretty much exactly where I need them. The Lord is pretty bad ass. That's all I'm going to say about him. The S4 power weapons on most of the termies isn't that impressive, but the power weapons and the Lord's Manreaper are there to take care of the masses, it's the chainfists that are there to character and tank bust. I've put alot of thought into this list, hope you like it. But like I said, I haven't bought the models yet so keeping in mind I want to keep it infantry based, I'll take any suggestions at all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Well, I see a few problems. Let's start with the Lord and work our way down.

The Lord doesn't need Daemonic Armour or Daemonic Essence. Three wounds is plenty for any model, and anything that's likely to hurt him will be ignoring his armour save anyways. However, an invulnerable save is a must, so pick up Daemonic Aura.

Now, I see you've put down "retinue" for the first unit of Terminators. Here's the thing - while they can be the Lord's retinue, they shouldn't be. They can't shield him from shooting since he's a Monstrous Creature, and they can't Deep Strike since Lord can't have Terminator Armour. So that entire unit is stuck foot slogging it up the board, open to any heavy weapons fire your opponent can point at him.

I'm assuming you meant to Deep Strike the Lord with the Termies? Can't do that unless you have Termie Armour, and you can't take that if you're statured. So drop the Stature, pick up Terminator Armour (which means you can forgo the Daemonic Aura) and you should be set.

The Terminators themselves look great, however. I do think 13 of them is a bit over kill but to each his own, I suppose. If you give the Termies Tank Hunters vet skill they can function as a tank busting unit, but they'll never be as good as a unit with 2x Meltaguns.

The Plague Marine squads look great, though you can't have Chainfists on the Champions unless they're wearing Terminator Armour. You'll want to swap them out for Powerfists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the great advice, I'll make the changes post haste.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

An argument for some cheaper elements.

Just one thing that I might add here.

While we both know that plague bearers are no great shakes, they do serve one purpose, which is a reserve of troops brought in to where you need the most support.

While your army has the initial advantage with infiltration, after that it isn't too mobile beyond the DS terminators. Against some opponents and on some missions you'll need some flexibility.

While you do have the terminators ariving by deep strike, which is good, it couldn't hurt to have a few more bodies around to help tie up the enemy shooting, so that great toughness and save of the terminators doesn't have to be put to as much of a test.

While the terminators can take a lot of fire, any you lose will hurt that much more due to their high point cost.

I just thought I'd bring it up, as the inclusion of one squad of them is realitively cheap (compared to the DG), and each squad of yours can take an icon to summon them at no added cost.

But I guess that would require the dropping of a squad of death guard to get the troop slot to do so which may be counter to your desires.

However, the points saved could enable you to buy Nurgle's rot on most of your other unit champions which is simultaneously fluffy, and decent value for the points.

Its particularly useful when fighting horde lists, which your army may struggle with, built as it is for killing power armour.
    Last edited by Grey; April 16th, 2006 at 03:40.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

+ Reply to Thread