My first post- Death Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first post- Death Guard

Well first off all a BIG hi to all (lol)

And umm well I play Tyranids and Necrons both 2500 points and I want to start an other army and I had this idea: starting Death Guard because i really like their fluff and the armies i hate the most are Smurf and B*tch Hunters and since I know Chaos is supperior to them in every single way I wanted one off them a my third army .

The things that made me choose Death Guard are an article and a post I read on this site:

http://www.librarium-online.com/content/view/123/16/
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...aos-gifts.html

And i was wondering should I start Death Guard? and Should I in the first place? i would want a Deamon Prince and THE Great Unclean One 3 squads of 7 Plague Marines and 3 squads of 12 Plague Bearers 2 squads of 7 Plagues Marines in a Rihno.

Anything i should know about Nurgle and his minions or even Chaos in general?
    Any tips for me about modeling/gaming anything?

TheEndIsNear

P.S. I LOVE MY NAME!!!! lol.

P.P.S. Sorry about my english lol i'm 13 and english isn't my first language.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Well first off all a BIG hi to all (lol)
    Hey; hopefully you'll enjoy the site. Be sure to read the rules, and indroduce yourself in the Introductions board if you haven't already.

And umm well I play Tyranids and Necrons both 2500 points and I want to start an other army and I had this idea: starting Death Guard because i really like their fluff and the armies i hate the most are Smurf and B*tch Hunters and since I know Chaos is supperior to them in every single way I wanted one off them a my third army .
    Sounds like you've decided to start Death Guard. I say go for it, and goodluck. Read around the articles, threads, and stickied topics to get a better idea of Death Guard, and the Chaos army in general.

And i was wondering should I start Death Guard? and Should I in the first place? i would want a Deamon Prince and THE Great Unclean One 3 squads of 7 Plague Marines and 3 squads of 12 Plague Bearers 2 squads of 7 Plagues Marines in a Rihno.
    I think you should. Death Guard are one of my favorite Legions, and they are very fun and interesting to play. They give you good modeling oppertunities, and are very effective on the battlefield. What you're getting looks good for a start. Just make sure that you have enough firepower, assault power, and army composition. Make sure you have a base of troops, and of course the required options.

Anything i should know about Nurgle and his minions or even Chaos in general?
    Any tips for me about modeling/gaming anything?
    The Mark of Nurgle gives an extra toughness, gets the True Grit ability, and makes them Fearless. Many forces have infiltrating/rhino squads with melta/plasma guns blast away, and then assault usually accompanied with an AC. The main daemon of nurgle is Plague Bearers, and their main troops are Plague Marines. They are very resilient, and are overall a powerful army with 7 as their sacred number. If you like resilient, a powerful units, then Death Guard may be for you.

Really though, just check out the articles and stickied topics and other threads and you should get all the info you need. If you wanted, you could prepose an army list in the army list section to be critiqued, and commented on.

P.P.S. Sorry about my english lol i'm 13 and english isn't my first language.
    No problem. You're English is fine. There's some capitalization, spelling, and grammar error's but there's nothing you really need to worry about.

Cheers!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death gaurd are a very tough force. With T5 3+ save troops (that are also fearless), your opponants are going to have a hard time taking them down. However, don't let the bulking bellies of your troops decieve you - Death Gaurd should be incredably mobile since you can't take heavy weapons in your squads. Using the infiltrators special rule and rhino transports is important as you'll want your plasma/melta guns to get in range, and also bring the full fury of your force into close combat.

Starting out, I would recomend a couple of Plague Marine squads. If you are playing against Witch Hunters and Space marines a lot, remember that Plasma guns *should* eat them alive (me and my space marine opponant always stock up on plasma, although over heats become very common ). I'd reccomend a Lascannon Predator as heavy support, as its one of your only long range anti-armour options. Of course, you'll need a leader - so either a Deamon Prince, a normal lord or even a Greator Deamon.

If you really want to stick it to marines, take an infiltrating Havoc squad loaded with plasma guns. These will be able to rapid fire 8(!) shots, killing a marine on a 2+. Be prepared to overheat though. If your opponant is tank heavy, replace Plasma with Melta and you have yourself an nice tank hunting squad.
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I tough of this as my army list and I don't have the codex and I hope to habve lots of suggestions...

HQ:Deamon Prince: Plague Sword, Deamonic Stature, Deamonic Essence, Deamonic Armour, Deamonic Aura, Deamonic Strength, Deamonic Mutation, Deamonic Resilience(Free), Deamonic Flight, Spiky Bits;

The Great Unclean One:-

Troops:7 Plague Bearers:-

7 Plague Bearers:-

Plague Marines:6 Plague Marines: 4 bolters, 4 CCW, 2 Melta Guns; Aspirin Champion: Bolter, CCW, Icon; Rihno: Smoke Launchers, Extra armour;

Plague Marines:6 Plague Marines: 4 bolters, 4 CCW, 2 Melta Guns; Aspirin Champion: Bolter, CCW, Icon; Rihno: Smoke Launchers, Extra armour;

Fast Attack:Plague Marines:6 Plague Marines: 4 bolters, 4 CCW, 2 Flamers; Aspirin Champion: Bolter, CCW, Icon; Rihno: Smoke Launchers, Extra armour;

Plague Marines:6 Plague Marines: 4 bolters, 4 CCW, 2 Flamers; Aspirin Champion: Bolter, CCW, Icon; Rihno: Smoke Launchers, Extra armour;

Plague Marines:6 Plague Marines: 4 bolters, 4 CCW, 2 Melta Guns; Aspirin Champion: Bolter, CCW, Deamon Vessel, Deamon Chains; Rihno: Smoke Launchers, Extra armour;

Heavy Support: Predator Annihilator: Lascannon Sponsor, Parrasitic Possetion, Deamon Possetion;

Defiler:Indirect Fire;

Defiler:Indirect Fire;

Yeah any comments welcome...

Thx

TheEndIsNear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm where to start? As far as your grammar and all that dont worry about it like IMaAngel said.

As far as your army list there is a number of errors I will attribute to not having the codex. Whenever you start a army the first place you should go is buy the codex. Of course I often have to buy one kool model and toss a pint job on it first but after this buy the codex.

Now onto the constructive portion of my post concerning your list. I will keep it general since you dont have a codex.

One, now say this with me I will give my AC a power fist and mutation. You might want to write that last part down so as to not forget.

Two, try not to go to overboard with equiping you tanks and defilers. Lascannon Preds are very nice but just go with Mutated Hull and move on. I personally have never ran two Defilers but if it makes you happy go for it. Now I do like your choice of just indirect fire because being the player persident that you are you know to keep em behind cover always right? Which brings me to one of my main reasons not to run two Defilers, they are a big model and I dont know if I could find enough cover for em both.

Ok last point before I roll out, I know you dont have a codex (Did I mention how I think you should buy one?) but you should be aware that what you got on this list is something like hmm let me find my calculator. A buttload of points?

Good luck with the DG though they are alot of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first I ussually don,t put a lot of equipment on my guy (about the AC's) and for once I wanted to try to have an army with a tolled up HQ.

And well i don't have the codex because I ussually do choose an army I like then do a rough army list then if I still like it then I buy the codex.

About the defilers i was going to make my own models smaller then the normal ones...

Thx

TNT

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Omg dude, your are 13 with two armies at 2500pts, starting a third, and English isn't your first language... Suddenly I feel dumb...:blink: You must either be a genius or a master at managing your time, wow!

That out of the way, Welcome!

Suggestion, Nurgle Possessed with D. Flight abilities and a tricked out Aspiring Champion is an awesome addition to any Death Guard. The Aspiring Champion can either be a Character hunter (Plague Blade) or mass unit killer (equip Manreaper).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i'm well I don'tr know to say it in english but "douer" (french) wich means being over the people that are about 15% over the average.

And umm well I had no idea what to have for elites but I wanted to use the manreaper but I already had the Plague Sword on the Deamon Prince because I wanted him as a hive tyrant or carnifex hunter

You must either be a genius or a master at managing your time, wow!
    lol thank you

so yeah I want maybe a units of chosen, terminator or not I don't know wich one is the better can yuo tell me for death guard...

Thx

TNT

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Well, I've been playing DG for quite some time now so I have some decent advice to give.

1. The Unclean One sucks. Flat out.
    2. Plague Bearers are "ok" at best.

DG's backbone is their marines. They are tough, fearless, and have some nasty weapons/abilities on hand.

-Abilities-

True Grit
    -This makes your combat prowless just as effective on the charge as on the defense. This allows you to make use of your rapid firing with out having to worry about not getting the assault. Your added toughness will help soak up the assault and you will strike back with equal power.

Nugle's Rot
    -Always take it. So what if it works on 6's. If you kill 1 space marine with it, it pays for itself 3 fold.

Fearless
    -An amazing ability. No moral checks, no pinning, no worries on casualties.

Infiltrate
    -I always use this. Even though your troops are tough as nails, they still can die. Putting your normal DG in rhinos is a good idea, but also having 2 squads of havocs infiltrating will throw off any plan your opponent has. Give them 4x plasma guns or melta guns and your opponent will start to sweat.

-Weapons-

Powerfists
    -I know its nothing different from other meq's BUT, since you strike last and have true grit, rapid firing becomes even more essential.

Plague Swords
    -Nasty little weapon. I've killed chaplins, hive tyrants, csm lords, damn near everything with it.

Manreaper
    -The nasty of the nasty. This on a lord can kill units at a time.

-Troops-

Plague Marines
    -Your mainstay. These guys will look at anything in the face and laugh. make use of your favored number to save a few points here and there, give them meltas or plasma guns, infiltrate or rhinos and you have some nasty units. Give your champ rot and a powerfist (or plague sowrd depending on your opponent) and you opponent will have to pour a lot of fifre power into these guys to kill them.

Ugh, I could type pages on pages about DG, but this is a nice start. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Well true, but you can have both the plague sword and manreaper, because the manreaper is a daemonic weapon and the sword is just a daemonic gift. Because I am bored, here's a set up and breakdown!

Death Guard Possessed x7 (Favored Unit->Free Champion Upgrade) 321pts
    Come w/ D. Aura and D. Strength, Mark of Nurgle (D. Resilience and True Grit), D. Flight
    Aspiring Champion has: Manreaper and D. Mutation

Okay TheEndIsNear, I have to word this in a way that I don't break rules, so read carefully. D. Aura is the standard Invul save, D. Strength is a bonus to strength, D. Resilience is a bonus to toughness, True Grit is in the BBB special rules, D. Flight the movement enhancment. ON the Aspiring Champion, both the Manreaper (power weapon) and Mutation give tons more attacks, enough to wipe a squad out. Possessed will usually hit on 3 or 4+ and wound on 2 or 3+ (depend on the Toughness). Averaging 10 confirm wounds, where a Chosen Termie squad would be 6. However, Termies do have more power weapons, so that means more ignored saves... BUT read below!

REASON I still believe that Possessed are a little bit better than Chosen Termies, is the D. Flight and Sweeping advance moves, where Termies don't, making them better for CC. Death Guard is weak on the CC manuverbility side and Possessed Marines are the remedy, which they can take absolute advantage of cover. Thats what I believe at least...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast