Black Legion 2,500 points army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Legion 2,500 points army

Black Legion Army Themed around Khorne…
    (2,500 points)

Ok after reading many posts and inspecting Obliterators i decided it would be worthwhile sacrificing a pure Khorne amry for a more effective general chaos army. I decided to take Abaddon becasue creating the perfect chaos lord is just too compliacted and you'll never get it just right so therefore i went for a pre built one.. The general plan was just to charge forwards as fast as possible because sitting back and shooting too much is boring. I think most armies will crumble when attacked by 'zerkers, bloodletters, flesh hounds and marines in close combat, not to mention Abaddon but then i'm relatively new to Warhammer so any comments and criticisms would be warmly accepted...

HQ – Abaddon the Despoiler
    Total = 255 points

Elite – Obliterators
    3 Obliterators
    Total = 210 points

Elite – Khorne Berserkers
    7 Berserkers
    7 Khornate Chainaxes
    Banner of Rage
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist
    Daemonic Mutation
    Talisman of Burning Blood
    Total = 210 points

7 Berserkers
    7 Khornate Chainaxes
    Banner of Rage
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist
    Daemonic Mutation
    Total = 210 points

Troops – Bloodletters
    10 Bloodletters
    Total = 260 points

Troops – Chaos Space Marines
    11 Space Marines
    Flamer
    Krak Grenades
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist
    Daemonic Mutation
    Total = 230 points

11 Space Marines
    Flamer
    Krak Grenades
    Mark of Chaos Undivided
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist
    Mark of Chaos Undivided
    Daemonic Mutation
    Total = 243 points

Heavy Support – Chaos Havocs
    4 Chaos Havocs
    2 Lascannons
    2 Heavy Bolters
    Aspiring Champion
    Total = 183 points

Heavy Support – Chaos Predator
    Twin-linked lascannon
    Side Sponsor Heavy Bolters
    Mutated Hull
    Total = 160 points

Twin-linked lascannon
    Mutated Hull
    Total = 160 points

Fast Attack – Flesh Hounds of Khorne
    9 Flesh Hounds
    Total = 189 points

9 Flesh Hounds
    Total = 189 points

well what d'ya think??

(\_/)
    (0.0) long live the bunny... as much chaos as my 'zerkers
    (><)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

If you like what i said... and why wouldn't you.. click the star

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hey bzzbzz, looks pretty good.
    Usually I strongly object to pre-built characters because they are most of the time too points costly for the size games people are trying to have them in. In this case, points wise, he is fine, but I don't think he fits your army at all.
    You have a Black Legion Khornate heavy army. I would suggest having it be lead by a Khornate Lord!
    There really IS no perfect lord. Only perfect for what you want them to do.
    If you want a fire-magnet for the rest of your army then A statured, berzerker glaived Lord is perfect. if you want a troops blender then un stature that mad-man.
    There's just so much potential and better things you can do with that 255pts from Abadon that would fit your list so much better. Plus, your Khorne berzerkers would become troops.
    On your Chaos space marines: I don't think the krak grenades are worth anything at all, if you must have grenades on them, give them frags. Unless they are specifically going to deal with hordes, I would not give them flamers either. I think they would be excellent in a supporting role to the khorne berzerkers if you gave each squad 2 meltas, so if a clever oponent tries to khorne bait the 'zerkers with a vehicle. these guys would be shortly behind to blow it up to free the mad-men.

I urge you not to mix weapons on the havocs. They won't be very effective at anything.
    Either design them to be anti armor, or anti troops, if you mix and match they aren't strong at anything at all, just blah at either role. I am a big fan of 4 autocannons with tank hunters and infiltrate. An 8 man squad like that comes in around 240pts, but its worth it.

I would also give each squad that can have it, a summoning icon, they're free, and you don't end up not being able to bring in those awesome nasties.
    Hope this helps
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**First off before I help this is very good some far so it will just be a few minor tweaks.

HQ – Abaddon the Despoiler
    Total = 255 points

Khoren only know I love this bloke's rules. Definetely keep hi mand try to get him a retinue, maybe not terms but chosen with MOK as that fits your theme and he'll be even more lethal.

Elite – Obliterators
    3 Obliterators
    Total = 210 points

**Great.

7 Berserkers
    7 Khornate Chainaxes
    Banner of Rage
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist
    Daemonic Mutation
    Total = 210 points

**Here's where you go a bit wrong. Drop Banner and Mutation and add frag greandes and furious charge. That makes them very dangerous.

7 Berserkers
    7 Khornate Chainaxes
    Banner of Rage
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist
    Daemonic Mutation
    Total = 210 points

**Read above

Troops – Bloodletters
    10 Bloodletters
    Total = 260 points

**Make this 8 for fluff reasons.

11 Space Marines
    Flamer
    Krak Grenades
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist
    Daemonic Mutation
    Total = 230 points

**No Flamers, or Mutation or krak grenades. Take Melta and Plasma if you're going forward and ccw, b/p for the rest and may I suggest a rhino? Take MOCU as well and make the number 10.

11 Space Marines
    Flamer
    Krak Grenades
    Mark of Chaos Undivided
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist
    Mark of Chaos Undivided
    Daemonic Mutation
    Total = 243 points

**Read above

Heavy Support – Chaos Havocs
    4 Chaos Havocs
    2 Lascannons
    2 Heavy Bolters
    Aspiring Champion
    Total = 183 points

**Here's a good aquad form posts I've been reading. 4 Autocannons, Inflitrate, Tank Hunters, and as many troops as you want to put in. 8 S8 shots at side armour is nothing to laugh at.

Twin-linked lascannon
    Mutated Hull
    Total = 160 points

**Take side Lascannons.

Twin-linked lascannon
    Mutated Hull
    Total = 160 points

**Read above

9 Flesh Hounds
    Total = 189 points

**Make this 8 again for fluff reasons.

9 Flesh Hounds
    Total = 189 points

**Read above

**Very very gooda dn with a few tweaks you'll be winning al lthe time.

**Hope I helped

**DP Excerion

Quote Originally Posted by theyak
    Legion Khornate heavy army. I would suggest having it be lead by a Khornate Lord!
    There really IS no perfect lord. Only perfect for what you want them to do.
    If you want a fire-magnet for the rest of your army then A statured, berzerker glaived Lord is perfect. if you want a troops blender then un stature that mad-man.
    There's just so much potential and better things you can do with that 255pts from Abadon that would fit your list so much better. Plus, your Khorne berzerkers would become troops.
    Ok, just tellingh to say you can't ahe both abaddon and a statured lord before you rush off to try and do what I did.
    Last edited by Caluin; April 20th, 2006 at 04:13. Reason: Triple Post. Use the Orange button to edit posts in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot both of you... concise and helpful as usual
    (\_/)
    (><)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Um, I don't have my codex with me unfortunately, but I am pretty sure you cannot mix marks in a squad. If you decide to take DP's advice and keep Abaddon, his chosen retinue cannot have marks of khorne.

I was not suggesting to take both, Abaddon and the Statured prince, since I was suggesting things IN PLACE of Abaddon for better over all point-economy and effeciveness.

I have to strongly disagree with taking side lascannon sponsons on the predators. You will find that 90% of the time it is a big waste of points. There is a tactica on this here at LO, but basically what it boils down to is: any oponent worth anything will deploy out of line of sight, forcing you to move.. viola, wasted side sponsons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yh everyone always says statured lord but then i've had so many different suggestions about what stuff to take for instance some poeple like ou apparently love the beserker glaive some say its not worth it and i can't work out what is the best for me so i went for abaddon. plus this is easy to do as i can't model to save my life so i wouldn't no how to represent spiky bits or w.e.. hence abaddon.. i don't think it's such a bad decision so i think i'll stick with it.. however i might change to kharn the betrayer...more khorney
    (\_/)
    (><)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Bad decision? nah. Its personal taste, and you're working within your limitations, and that'd just fine. Spikey bits.. anything that remotely looks like its sticking out, like a horned helm for example.

Kharn is a perfect example of a "special character" that you don't have to use as such.
    Lord + MoK + Axe of Khorne(or depending on how you paint it, a darkblade even) He already comes with spikey stuff on him. I use the Kharn model as a Khornate lieutenant with darkblade.

The berzerker glaive on a Statured prince works to make what was a fire magnet to a SHOOT IT DEAD OR IT WILL DESTROY YOUR ARMY fire magnet. A statured glaived prince will get shot up until its dead, and if you're lucky, it will make it to the enemy lines and cause some real hurt.
    Some people don't like it because it gets shot up, and sometimes shot up and killed turn 1 before it even becomes a threat. Wisely deploy, and move to keep the shooting at 'em as minimal as possible and there's a chance he will make it.

+ Reply to Thread