[2000pts] Thousand Sons Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000pts] Thousand Sons Tourney List

HQ

Lord of Change : 160
    Wind of Chaos or Gift of Chaos (Can't Decide)

Troops

9 Thousand Sons x 2 : 271
    - AC
    Powerfist
    BoC
    2xThralls

9 Thousand Sons : 376
    -AC
    Powerfist
    BoC
    Familiar
    Wind of Chaos
    1 Thrall
    All in a Rhino with Mutated Hull and Extra Armor

9 Thousand Sons : 291
    -AC
    Deamonic Chains
    All in a Rhino with Extra Armor

Heavy Support

Dread x 2 : 220
    -TLLC
    -Causicating Flame
    -Deamonic Possession
    -Mutated Hull
    -Smoke Launchers
    All in a Drop Pod (Hopefully)

Defiler : 175
    -Indirect Fire

Total : 1990

Ok, to start, I have yet to ask about the Drop pods for my Dreadnoughts, but I think they might let me use them, since its just my Local Shop.

I took Dreadnoughts over Preds 1st of all because I don't have 2 Preds, 2nd because I like them for CC support... They will drop pod in wherever i feel I need some support and will then pop smoke to try and not get blown up. My defiler will just get plopped behind some terrain and haul off.

As for my TS, they will just advance towards the objectives and shoot. My squad with WoC in the Mutated rhino will be running around in the enemies infantry placing their template, as suggested by Andusciassus I believe in my last thread. My second Rhinoed squad will obviously carry my LoC, which will burst out and get into close combat, obviously, which is why I can't decide on WoC or GoC, because he will be in CC (hopefully) for most of the game.

So theres my game plan... Comments? Critisizm?

Go ahead, Rip into me.

-Centum

You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I like that you got rid of the Terminator armour on unit Champions

Overall looks good. I'd probably say Wind of Chaos over Gift on the LoC as, if you by some chance you find yourself out of combat, you won't want a few spawns hanging on and slowing you down (not to mention the LoC shouldn't really need the spawn's help). Then again, Gift of Chaos might be nice if you just 'forget' to bring any spawn models; you still get to snipe powerfists but don't have to worry about losing the advantage of Daemonic Flight.

I'm confused by the drop pods for the Dreads, as I didn't realise they were an option at all for Chaos (something printed in a WD?), but if it's allowed by the Tourny organisers then they sounds nice. If they're not, maybe using the extra points to get a few more thralls for the foot slogging rubrics?

Nice list.
    -destp
    Thousand Sons ~2750 points | Eldar ~1000 points
    Tzeentch Daemons ~2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The drop pods are Forgeworld, so they are almost gamesworkshop lol.

They are in the 2nd Imperial armor I believe... and they are pretty much SM drop pods with combi-bolters instead of storm bolters...

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any more advice?

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Basically it a good list there are a few things I would change for my personal taste.

Personally I would not have indirect fire on the defiler and give it mutated hull or parasitic possession instead, you will have the points spare. As pie plates are one of the few things that can instant kill ur maries do you really want to try your luck with the scatter dice???

With the 3 walkers and the LoC I would not have BoC on the foot slogging unit cause if you use it to pop a tank you will waste all the bolter shots, change it to Doombolt add another Thrall (or two if you have the points spare). That way you can poor bolter fire and 2 heavy bolter (doombolt) rounds into units for several turns. A much better combo v hoard armies and almost a sort of Havoc squad for fire support (best ur going to get in 1k Sons anyway).

Remember tourney armies need to take on all comers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

My gut feeling is that you're light on anti-vehicle/heavy armour troops.

I'd wouldn't bother with the DPs, as you're going to need fire support asap to get your Rubric dudes into play. Even upgraded Rhinos are still Rhinos, and your Rubrics are very expensive to lose in trashed vehicles.

Think about how you might manage against a Heavy Wpn heavy IG Infantry list, or their Armoured company. Conversly, can you slaughter enough Nids before they overrun you?

Good hunting in the tourney.

Lord Ramon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I'm not sure you need a 9 man squad around the deamonhost.
    Once the deamon appears, what are you going to do with that squad?
    Maybe make it a 5 man squad, cut the drop pods (Wouldn't you rather have the las cannons on the board from turn 1 anyways?) and either D mut, or D poss from the dreads and you free up almost 200 points. A large flamer squad would make a nice addition with those points I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that I have conflicting advice about my anti-tank abilities. So could I get a 3rd ruling on the matter?

As far as my Drop poding dreadnoughts are concerned, the reason that I would rather them in drop pods is simple. If they are on the board and I don't get first turn, they get blown up usually in the first round of shooting. Second, the drop pods allow me to give support as the game progresses, and possibly take an objective. If I am going to be fighting Tyranids (Which I probably will), my Dreadnoughts wont do very much the first turn anyway, because usually the TMCs are behind cover for the first and possibly second turn. I would much rather just drop pod into a bunch of gaunts or stealers and rip them to shreds with the causicating flame.

As for that Deamon host Idea, I might look into it If I take out 4 TS then thats 96pts that I free up... enought to put havoc launchers on my rhinos and give my ACs D. Mutation.

Keep the Advice Coming

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so the rules have now changed, its a 1500pt tourney. What would you guys take out to make room? I was thinking 1 Dread and a squad of TS on foot. I think thats about right, and then I would get rid of some points around... What do you guys think?

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I would have dropped one of the Dreads and the Daemon vessel squad, Then used the left-over points to upgrade the Lord of Change to a Daemon Prince of some sort. Or maybe two Lt's ( could work wonders if you scraped some points from the remaining dread and the mutated rhino)

But I know we play the sons in quite different a way, so feel free just to ignore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast