Havocs of Doom 1500 Points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havocs of Doom 1500 Points

So I'm thinking of starting a 1k Sons army. I know they are somewhat substandard, but I really like their flavor and having 2 wound troops just sounds cool. That said, I was trying to come up with something as close to an optimised chaos space marine list as possible. Looking at the list, I noticed the possibility of running an extraordinarily large amount of havoc squads. Here's my first attempt.

Chaos Havocs of Doom 1500

HQ

Chaos Lieutenant
    Infiltrate
    Kai Gun
    Power Weapon

Elites

6 Chaos Havocs
    Mark of Slaanesh
    4 Blastmasters
    2 Sonic Blasters
    Tank Hunters

6 Chaos Havocs
    Mark of Slaanesh
    4 Blastmasters
    2 Sonic Blasters
    Tank Hunters

6 Chaos Havocs
    Mark of Slaanesh
    4 Blastmasters
    2 Sonic Blasters
    Tank Hunters

Troops

5 Chaos Space Marines
    Plasma Gun

5 Chaos Space Marines
    Plasma Gun

Heavy Support

8 Chaos Havocs
    4 Plasma Guns
    Infiltrate

8 Chaos Havocs
    4 Plasma Guns
    Infiltrate

Defiler
    Mutated Hull

Total 1498

Last edited by Caluin; April 24th, 2006 at 01:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little advice

First off, I must say that I am a bit confused. A Thousand Sons army would consist of members with the mark of Tzeench, not Slannesh. Also, Havocs are not considered Elite choices in any of the Chaos lists. Additionally, the only weapons a regular CSM w/ the Tzeench mark can have is a bolter, this goes for Havocs too. You may want to read through the codex a bit more thoroughly and then post a revised list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by farnola
    Also, Havocs are not considered Elite choices in any of the Chaos lists. Additionally, the only weapons a regular CSM w/ the Tzeench mark can have is a bolter, this goes for Havocs too. You may want to read through the codex a bit more thoroughly and then post a revised list.
    I could say the same for you. Check out page 38 of the Chaos Codex and read about how the FO chart changes when certain marks are combined. His list is legal. While the bit about Tzeentch is a bit confusing, I think the point he was trying to make is that he is holding off on that idea for a little while and is going with a more balanced, Havoc heavy list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I should have stated that this was an undivided list. I explained that I think that 1k sons are very cool, but not exceptionally powerful. This list is a Chaos Undivided list that is my attempt at a much more powerful list.

The Havocs become elite as they have a mark of chaos different from that of the general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, now the army makes more sense, and yes I do realize the bit about the Elites w/ different marks, I just thought it was a Marked list so that wouldn't happen. As for your army then, I think that it would do well, however if your Infiltrating Havocs plan on getting close to the opponent you might want to consider a Champ with a Power Weapon or Fist. Otherwise it looks like a very differant and possibly quite effective take on CSM. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good call on the champion weapons. I was just reading the article on thousand sons tactics and it presented a very good case for giving your aspiring champions power weapons/fists, and I may see how I could fit that in here. I'd have to free up 44 points...... any advice on what I should drop?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

I like this list, but with a few concerns.

Firstly, if you don't get your deployment perfectly organised, Hordes will rip you to bits. Also beware of Infiltrators and DS getting too close.

Secondly, because you have very low numbers, if the dice gods decide to kick your ass in games, your opponents will also kick an equivalent amount of your ass, blessing those same gods.

Lastly, and much to my disgust, many people will mark you down in tourneys, and call your list hyper-cheesy, even though it's a perfectly valid (a cool) list. I hate those people.

At least you can fit your army in a small box, not the usual dump truck required for some.

I think I'm going to try out your Elites though! Good plan.

Lord Ramon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this army could of course use a meat shield of some kind. I really wish that Alpha Legion could have other marks because that way I could have those cheap infiltrating cultists along with this army to soak up the hits.

Luckily my flgs hosts non-sanctioned tournaments that don't use the sportsmanship scoring system. Not that I'm against being a good sport, but it's fun to run lists like this sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like the slanesh havocs. I was trying to incorporate them like this into a 1k sons list but I wasnt able to satisfactorily fill the troop section. Cool list though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to use a lot of havocs, try doing iron warriors instead. You will save a lot of points by not needing the mark of slaanesh and you will still be allowed 4 units of havocs. It would let you add a heavy and a special weapon to both of your troop and let you fill them out a bit more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast