Black Legion 1500 (A little different) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Legion 1500 (A little different)

Well my motivation for compiling this list is that I really like terminators. I mean who doesn't! I was looking into the deathwing army and imperial fists for a possible way to construct a terminator army but my heart is always with chaos. I just wanted some thoughts on this list.

HQ- 480

Chaos Lord: Power wep, combi-bolter, terminator armor, Demonic Gifts include essence, strength and mutation, mark of chaos undivided

Retinue: 6 chosen terminator champions, 2 reaper autocannons, 2 Power Fists w/ mark of chaos undivided
    (I know making all these guys champions seems like a real sink of 60 points since I aint even giving them armory stuff. But, the extra points is an extra attack for everyone I was also kind of stuck with what to do with my left over 60 points, I was thinking another terminator than maybe getting an aspiring champ in this squad or else prehaps making my troops squads of 7 but I thought this make make for an interesting cc squad)

Elites - 544

Chosen Squad 1: 6x Chosen terminators, 2 reaper autocannons, 2 Power Fists w/ mark of chaos undivided.
    Chosen Squad 2: 6x Chosen Terminarots, 2 reaper autocannons, 2 Power Fists w/ mark of chaos undivided

Troops- 297

Squad 1: 6x CSM w/ Lascannon
    Squad 2: Same as above
    Squad 3: Same as above

Heavy Support - 178

7x CSM, 4x Missle Launcher (I was debating whether or not to drop these for oblits since oblits would go with the theme of the army better, although oblits arn't wearing terminator army they are small tough little elites like the termies)

Total- 1499

Any thoughts comments, praise, boos or awes are appriciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

wow, thats a lot of termies. I havent got experience with Termies. For your havocs 8 is better than 7 (steal a chap from one of the other squads to fill the posi.) also Autocannons>missile launchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop those 6 man lascannon teams down to 5 and add a plasma guna and infiltrate. u want tank hunters on reaper auto cannons they get ugly fast against tanks!. defineately forget about making your terminator squad entirely champions, just too many points. additionaly if you plan on using a terminator for your hq i highly suggest you use him as a lieutenant, and at least lose essence on him. basicaly with terminator armour you worry about two things a lascannon insta killing your multi wound character or fighting a hidden power fist squad and flat out dieing. those things are being protected from a bit with that chosen bodyguard squad. so save the points! use some of those points for tank hunters on your other terminator squads, and (95% of the time) deepstrike em. flawless terminator setups otherwise! id toss out the havocs for a decent sized infiltrating close combat squad, or consider using another one of those fiendish 5 man las plas squads and adding an oblit!

hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

My problem with this list is you're severley lacking in numbers. I think you will have problems with many armies for this big reason. If I were you, I'd drop at least one chosen terminator squad, and replace it with something else.

Cheers!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're going for a chaos deathwing try this.

HQ- 480

Chaos Lord: Power wep, combi-bolter, terminator armor, Demonic Gifts include essence, strength and mutation, mark of chaos undivided

Drop Essence and Muattion.

Retinue: 6 chosen terminator champions, 2 reaper autocannons, 2 Power Fists w/ mark of chaos undivided

That's good.

Elites - 544

Chosen Squad 1: 6x Chosen terminators, 2 reaper autocannons, 2 Power Fists w/ mark of chaos undivided.
    Chosen Squad 2: 6x Chosen Terminarots, 2 reaper autocannons, 2 Power Fists w/ mark of chaos undivided

That's good.

Troops- 297

Squad 1: 6x CSM w/ Lascannon
    Squad 2: Same as above
    Squad 3: Same as above

Make this 5 CSM with inflitarte and Teleport homers.

Heavy Support - 178

7x CSM, 4x Missle Launcher (I was debating whether or not to drop these for oblits since oblits would go with the theme of the army better, although oblits arn't wearing terminator army they are small tough little elites like the termies)

Go with Dreads or Land Raiders for the Death Wing Theme.

+ Reply to Thread