1.500 IW for Tournament, critics please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.500 IW for Tournament, critics please

Im attending a tournament and just finished my army for it.

Low vehicles to avoid bad effect of omega.

HQ

Demon prince+speed+aura+size+dreadaxe + MoCU+assault + strength + spikes+ frag. granades + ccw + mutation+ aspect............................... 192

Elite

1 Obliterator Cult .................................................. ......................... 70

1 Obliterator Cult .................................................. ......................... 70

1 Obliterator Cult .................................................. ........................ 70

TROOPS:

5x CSM: Lascannon, Plasma rifle, Bolters .......................................... 95

5x CSM: Lascannon, Plasma rifle, Bolters ........................................ 95

5x CSM: Lascannon, Plasma rifle, Bolters ........................................ 95

Fast Attack:

3 Motorbike cm + 2 Plasma Rifle .................................................. ... 120

HEAVY SUPPORT:

7xHavocs: 4 Autocannons, Bolters, Tank Hunters, MOCU .................... 206

7xHavocs: 4 Missile launcher, Bolters ............................................. 178

7xHavocs: 4 Missile launcher, Bolters ............................................. 178

Basilisk: Indirect Fire Cappabillity .................................................. .. 125

44 models in the field, low vehicles to avoid omega lack of firepower, bikes to help in gamma objetive missions, 8 ML, 4 Autocannons, 3 Laser cannons, 3 obliterators, 5 plasma rifles, the basilisk and 17 bolters.

Pretty much firepower and a very good melee unit to counter attack assaults.

critics please

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the Statured Lord and bikes and go with some more Marines and a Lieutenant with Kai Gun. Drop I missle Launcher squad and take a vindi with mutated hull.

And what's with all the weird names, Plasma Rifle, Aspect, Laser Cannon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well..

I got Bikes cause I find them very usefull to capture targets in alpha misions, and flank armyes at top speed attacking Vehicles from sides and atrackting shots.

I got the expesive demonlord cause Its the only source of melee I can provide to enemy assault units that aproach to my deploying area, also I could need to kill enemy units that have already acomplished a target in alpha missions.

I refuse to use more vehicles cause Omega misions rape armyes with heavy vehicles list.
    Its a tournament , I cannot risk omega mission and bad dice rolls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will have to echo some of the past comments made.

I would definatly have to agree with the advise posted by DP that is pretty much how I would change the list.

That demon prince is too much, the main problem is that he has no cc squad to go with. If you are concerned about assault squads getting in too close you could put a couple of PF's on some aspiring champs.

But, if you don't want to go for a vindicator, and really fear cc coming to haunt you. I would sugguest cutting the demon prince down alot. Make him a bike mounted lord or lieut, and get 2 more bikes into that fast attack squad, possibly with meltas instead of plasma. I personally love plasma guns, but on bikes or landspeeders meltas can get close really easily. This will give you a larger bike squad that can really tie up cc squads well.

Gl

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

The advice already given is pretty sound.
    Your list can dish out a lot of punishment, but has no staying power.
    Staying power comes from CSM squads of reasonable numbers(7 or more)
    I reccomend a minimum of 7 man CSM squads, all with champs and powerfists at a minimum, those guys are going to bail your havocs out not if, but WHEN your oponent gets too close.

Another thing I noticed, you have a couple of melee units that are supposed to take the role of protecting your flanks and from CC units. 1st, 3 bikes have almost zero staying power, and will die by turn 2 of CC. 2nd Your statured lord just invited lascannon shots to instakill.
    I would unstature him and hide him somewhere in your ranks with a darkblade and D. speed as a counter measure for incoming CC units, but keep in mind, he'll only be able to buy you one, maybe 2 turns.

The rest of anything else I may suggest is just style and preference, but the squad sizes, and troop redundncy is so important that that is what I'm going to suggest first and foremost. As far as the statured lord, you'll see for your self just how fast he will evaporate from the board.

Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan

I refuse to use more vehicles cause Omega misions rape armyes with heavy vehicles list.
    Its a tournament , I cannot risk omega mission and bad dice rolls.
    I'm saying makeing 1 tank to 2. We're not going to the tank extreme here.

+ Reply to Thread