[1500] Thousand Sons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

[1500] Thousand Sons

HQ
    --
    Chaos Sorcerer
    - Mark of Tzeentch
    - Terminator Armour
    - Dark Blade
    - Close Combat Weapon
    - Bolt of Change
    - 4 Thrall Wizards
    Total: 156 points

Troops
    ------
    9 Thousand Sons
    - Mark of Tzeentch
    - Aspiring Champion w/Power Fist, Bolt of Change
    Total: 261 points

9 Thousand Sons
    - Mark of Tzeentch

8 Flamers
    Total: 168 points

Fast Attack
    -----------
    7 Screamers
    Total: 105 points

Heavy Support
    -------------
    Predator
    - Main Lascannon
    - Sponson Lascannons
    - Extra Armour
    - Mutated Hull
    Total: 180 points

Predator
    - Main Lascannon
    - Sponson Lascannons
    - Extra Armour
    - Mutated Hull

Predator
    - Main Lascannon
    - Sponson Lascannons
    - Extra Armour
    - Mutated Hull

Unfortunately, I didn't have the points to upgrade any of my Daemons to Favoured Units so they won't get the fancy summoning roll any time soon...oh well. Personally I'd rather not have them turn up too early in any case. Flamers have a fairly short range compared to the rest of the army and, considering the movement speed of the army, a +1 to Summoning Rolls would make them pop up when I don't need them. Screamers assault along the flanks, Predators take care of anything deadly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

#_#
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRabbit
    HQ
    9 Thousand Sons
    - Mark of Tzeentch
    Nice squad. The only thing i don' t understand is, why you don' t give your AC an icon. If you want to summon daemons you need at least one icon ( as far as I know).

I would also take the graeter daemon of Tzeentch. In most of the games I used him, he was woth his points ( and you get also a free icon ).

Heavy Support
    -------------
    Predator
    - Main Lascannon
    - Sponson Lascannons
    - Extra Armour
    - Mutated Hull
    I would rather take the heavy bolter sponsons instead of the lascannons (maybe you read this article about sponson management: http://www.librarium-online.com/content/view/237/16/) . For the points you saved I would add daemonic possession to the Predators. If someone will roll "Crew stunned" the extra armour will turn it into " crew shaken" and then you won' t be able to fire your lascannon(s)/ heavy bolters.

If you want you could switch the Dark Blade into a power weapon. I would use the Lord as a support unit with his Bolt of Change and throw him only into close combat if you need some extra power weapon attacks ( but the power fists will do fine in cc).

I hope I helped you a bit with your army .

#_#

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Flamers have a fairly short range compared to the rest of the army and, considering the movement speed of the army, a +1 to Summoning Rolls would make them pop up when I don't need them.
    Just as a side note, you don't need to take that bonus roll if you don't want to. It's optional, and you can still choose to test against the normal reserves roll if you wish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

The Lieutenant is good - I've had experience with the same build and it works well. The predators are good - the weight of fire can deal with medium infantry and vehicles, and I wouldn't suggest the heavy bolters - your bolts of change and boltguns are perfect for it. The only thing I'd say is drop the screamers. They look good, but they're awful in practice. If you change a few flamers to horrors you may have room for something else - that or just take another squad of horrors.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

+ Reply to Thread