[1500] Iron Warriors - Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Iron Warriors - Tournament

Hi,
    Here's my Iron Warriors list for tournaments. They've done pretty good so far. I find my troops just seem to be wasted so ive cut down and added an additional HQ.

HQ - Daemon Prince (18
    Lord, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Aura, Daemonic Strengh, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Armour, Daemonic Ressilience, Spiky Bits, Great Weapon, Furious Charge,

HQ - Lieutenant (117)
    Lieutenant, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Strength, Deamonic Mutation, Infiltrate, Power Weapon, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades

Elites - Oblitorators (140)
    2x Oblitorators

2x Oblitorators

2x Oblitorators

Troops - Squad 1 (85)
    5 chaos marines, lasconnon

Troops - Squad 2 (105)
    5 chaos marines, plasma gun, melta gun, infiltrate

Heavy - Defiler (175)
    Defiler, indirect fire

Heavy - Basalisk (125)
    Basilisk, Indirect fire

Heavy - Vindicator (155)
    Vindicator, Mutated Hull

Heavy - Predator (130)
    Predator, Twin Linked lasconnon, Heavy bolters

Total (1500)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, welcome to LO. Now let's get down to business....

HQ - Daemon Prince (18
    Lord, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Aura, Daemonic Strengh, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Armour, Daemonic Ressilience, Spiky Bits, Great Weapon, Furious Charge
    Regardless of how powerful a daemon prince is, unsupported he's a dead man. Daemon prince's make wonderful targets for heavy weapons, and with the small size of your force he become's a prime target REAL quick.

HQ - Lieutenant (117)
    Lieutenant, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Strength, Deamonic Mutation, Infiltrate, Power Weapon, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades

Troops - Squad 2 (105)
    5 chaos marines, plasma gun, melta gun, infiltrate
    With both of these options having infiltrate I assume their being placed together. Lieutenant equipped for CC, with the size of the squad he's with, will get swamped in CC, increase the squad size's at the least.

2x Oblitorators

2x Oblitorators

2x Oblitorators
    In my opinion 6 obliterators in 1500pts is overkill, go with maybe 4 maximum and save the points.

Heavy - Defiler (175)
    Defiler, indirect fire

Heavy - Basalisk (125)
    Basilisk, Indirect fire

Heavy - Vindicator (155)
    Vindicator, Mutated Hull

Heavy - Predator (130)
    Predator, Twin Linked lasconnon, Heavy bolters
    I've used the bassie/vind combo recently. Bassie I like, Vindicator played in 2 games, died twice, hit NOTHING. Never used a defiler so I can't comment on that I'm afraid. I don't like your predator config, try either auto cannon, las cannon sponsons for vehicle hunting or auto cannon, HB sponsons for troop work. As it is your pred is kind of caught between roles, and is'nt really that effective at either. Try dropping an ordnance piece and including havoc's or another pred.

MD
    ''It begs the question; why would the emperor permit something quite so dangerous and untamed to exist? And that would be to take down another Space Marine Legion."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments.
    My daemonprince Usually does ok. with upto 24" movement per turn he usually gets into combat 2nd turn and just moves on from there. He does draw firepower but i can usually position him in cover when he's only half way across the board.
    The lieutenant i find can get in 1st turn and tie up anything for the 1st turn that might damage my daemonprince (Railguns) he usually goes pretty quick but thats ok coz he's pretty cheap.

The main problem being my heavy support. as you said the basalisk is quite good. it usually keeps out the way and does some damage, i find the defiler does the same. The vindicator is hit and miss, and for 155 points it could be spent elsewhere. The mutated hull helps a bit but as you said they can be useless. i think i may drop the vindicator. I would still like to spend the extra points on the 4th heavy support to keep with the iron warriors theme. I also have a nurgle army which is mostly troops so its nice to use vehicles instead. also i think ill change the predator to the other combination.

I know its cheesy! :-) But i think most people at tournaments field a list thats cheesy. i would never dream of playing a friendly with this list. but when im up against 24 strong seer concils and armys of 9 landspeeder tournados it would be suicide to have anything but a cheesy army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could just drop the vindicater and get a havok squad with maybe autocannons or whatever it is that you need.
    It doesn't think, it doesn't feel,
    It doesn't laugh or cry.
    All it does, from dusk 'till dawn,
    Is make the soldiers die.

Commander Cyrus's Black Legion. W1/D0/L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would still like to spend the extra points on the 4th heavy support to keep with the iron warriors theme
    I must admit I take all four heavy support choice's as well. Dropped my Vindicator and Dreadnought in favour of two much more mobile Predator's, point for point probably the best tank in the game imo :yes:

I know its cheesy! :-) But i think most people at tournaments field a list thats cheesy. i would never dream of playing a friendly with this list. but when im up against 24 strong seer concils and armys of 9 landspeeder tournados it would be suicide to have anything but a cheesy army.
    'Fight fire with fire'
    ''It begs the question; why would the emperor permit something quite so dangerous and untamed to exist? And that would be to take down another Space Marine Legion."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats true and what happened to my post in this topic? Im sure I already posted in here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you want to cheese it out for maximum efficiency. I recommend for heavies
    1 Bassie, 1 Vindicator, 2 Defilers. 4 Pie plates a turn is tough to handle. In addition...drop your daemon prince and add 3 more obliterators. That should just about handle your anti tank and anti troop. Have one 5 CSM troop unit with no upgrades and have another with about 8-10 models tooled for close combat with a Lt. Its utterly amazing versus other space marines as all of the ordanance go through 3+ saves. Your obliterators use for anti tank unless there isn't any. Maybe deep strike one unit if they finish their heavys and have no tanks. 6 Power fist attacks from what are basically 2 wound terminators goes a long way for a unit in close combat. Don't you guys play a GW-esque system where you don't just judge the winner by who wins but also by sportsmanship and army composition? (We don't judge for painting because when its the same group of guys having tournaments the armies tend not to change much). If you make the Sportsmanship and army composition equally weighted against just your record, it makes for a lot more enjoyable tournaments as it promotes more friendly gameplay. Just something you might want to bring up with the tournament organizer....but since it isn't...go with whatever you want. :shifty:
    Last edited by The Green Knight; May 14th, 2006 at 03:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Predator sounds most promising. Ive played an army with 3 defilers before. its not fun! but it did beat me as you would expect. 9 oblitorators would be nice but i do like my daemon prince.
    The last tournament i went to they did have prizes for best army and most sporting player as well as 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for gaming. The prizes for sporting play and best army was just a printed certificate where the prizes for gaming were plaques and 1st place won a ticket for grand tournament worth 50 pounds. Not really fair considering the work and effort put into best army is alot better than making up a cheesy army list.
    They should make the prizes even for best painted and best played. after all i think that its harder to win best army than write an unbeatable army list and win 1st place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preds are good but with 4 ordance whatever tank they are trying to take out shouldnt be a problem for the ordanace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do people have against Vindis. Front Amrour 14 with Mutated and have an Battle Cannon at around 150 ponts.

FA 14 with a Battle Cannon and BS4 for 150 points is awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast