1700pts Slaaneshi List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1700pts Slaaneshi List

1700pts

H.Q. 212

Chaos Lord
    -=MOS
    -=Spikey Bits
    -=Bolter/Sonic Blaster
    -=Infiltrate
    -=Slaaneshi Steed
    -=D.Aura
    -=L-o-Torment
    -=Combat Drugs
    -=D.Armor
    Total=212pts

Troops: 980pts

6x Slaanishi CSM + MOS
    -=Doom Siren
    -=Blastmaster
    -=Asp Champion free
    -=Lightning Claws (pair)
    -=Infiltrate
    -=Furious Charge
    Total= 200pts

6x Slaanishi CSM + MOS
    -=Doom Siren
    -=Blast Master
    -=Asp Champion free
    -=Lightning Claws (pair)
    -=Infiltrate
    -=Furious Charge
    Total= 200pts

6x Slaanishi CSM + MOS
    -=Doom Siren
    -=Blastmaster
    -=Asp Champion free
    -=Lightning Claws (pair)
    -=Infiltrate
    -=Furious Charge
    Total= 200pts

6x Slaanishi CSM + MOS
    -=Doom Siren
    -=Blastmaster
    -=Asp Champion free
    -=Lightning Claws (pair)
    -=Infiltrate
    -=Furious Charge
    Total= 200pts

6x Daemonettes

6x Daemonettes

Fast Attack: 508pts

6x Slaaneshi CSMB + MOS
    -=Meltagun
    -=Meltagun
    -=Asp Champion Free
    -=Pwr Weapon
    Total= 264

6x Slaaneshi CSMB + MOS
    -=Meltagun
    -=Meltagun
    -=Asp Champion Free

-Ok, I think i have the baisics, Bikes are tank hunters (duh) and the troop choices "SHOULD" fair well in cc and if they are in trouble I will summon the deamonettes. HQ is to ride with the bikes just incase they get into close combat and could help out the troops. (or i could mini deamon bomb... might not work agenst other meq armies)

I hope i have everything. Any ideas on the list?

(Edit1: Changed a Doom Siren in each troop choice into a Blastmaster)

Last edited by Watusa; May 17th, 2006 at 15:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    I generaly like cheap HQ's but this has been debated too much for me to say any more about it. I keep mine at about 6.25-6.75% of total armies cost.

Im not sure what "bolter/sonic blaster" means under your lord but im sure its not right. Also i would probabaly give him a bolt pistol anyway sense he looks like he is ment to be Close comabt orented.

Also if he going to be with the bikes, they lose their ability to turbo boost (which woundnt be a bad idea to get across bord quickly and take out tanks). If the lord is with them they cannot do it, sense he is on a steed of slaanashi. He also loses his infiltrate ability if he joins them.

If you are going to run him by himself there are much better options then Lash o Torrment. Dark blade comes to mind.

TROOOPS
    On the matter of furious charge... Im not at work so i dont have my codex to verify for 100%, but im 99.9% sure that a unit with a mark of a chaos god can only take 1 vertrin Skill. But your squad can take infiltrate or furious charge but not both.

Lightning Claws are extreamly expensive pts wise for every asp champion to have them. I would just go with power weapon/bolt pistol and Daemonic Strength. But if you really like em or are including them for fluff reasons. Please continue to do so.

I have never used a blastmaster/doom siren in the same unit before. But i dont see why it wouldnt work.

I dont personaly use daemonettes because of their fragility... but some people swear by them, 2 squads of 6 would be what i would use if i did use them.

FAST ATTACK
    You should also try to find points to give your bike squads sonic blasters. The ones without the melta's of course. At i think 2 pts a pop they are an absolute steal on bikes. And if your opoent is playing a swarm army.. Nid or ork or the likes where Your bikes need to take on an anti infantry roll they can do it much more effectly.

Also consider giving your asp. Champ bikes melta bombs. Move shoot, charge it if you dont kill it with melta-guns.

OVERALL
    -Drop sonic blaster/bolter and lash of torrment from lord and give him Bolt pistol, some form of power weapon (dark blade is great) and run him on his own. Or downgrade him and put him in a squad. (bike or infiltrate)

-Drop furious charge from Close combat squads or if you really like it drop infiltrate and put them in a rhino. (but you can only have 1 vet. Skill)

-Drop Lightning claws if you are not too attached to them.

-Find points for Sonic Blasters on all your bikes without melta guns. Think about melta bombs on tank hunting Apsiring Champs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: the bolter/sonic blaster is the points and the upgrade
    One of the reasons why i took the steed was beacause of the benifits outweighted the pt cost of the seperate d. gear.

Troops: P:28 C:CSM under options 4th paragraph 1st line: "A chaos space marine unit may be given a Mark of Chaos and may have one or more Veteran skills"

As per the L.Claw reasons... They arnt for fluff reasons but i just like the claws so much! :w00t: But i will take that into consideration.

For the doom siren blastmaster combo... i just cant take 2 Blastmasters, so the secondary free unpgrade from the multi melta was there for troop destruction (and i keep the assulty wpn choices)

For the deamonettes, they are there to more or less boost the squads who get into cc first or if one is having problems then the rending could come in handy.

Fast attack:
    I completly forgot about that upgrade! i should work it in to the bikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ:
    Ok i understand now, Still think you should consider dropping the sonic blaster for a bolt pistol. It is the cheapest +1 A you can get.

Despire being rather expensive. I like the set up. I would like it 10x more if you were to drop the lash for a better weapon and switch out sonic blaster for a bolt pistol.

Troops:
    Yes i like the blastmaster/doom siren. The doomsiren is awsome because it comes with bolt pistol and CCW.

And check page 12 of the codex. Under Vereran skills section. 2nd Paragraph about the 2nd line.
    "Models with no mark may have any number of skills, whilst models with a mark may only have one"

Lightning claws. Vs. Daemonic Strenght + Powerweapon (against T4)
    Do You want 3 attacks that wound on 3+ for 20pts?
    Or Want 3 attacks that wound on 4+ with rerolls for 30pts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im considering using the dark blade instead or maby even a power weapon and i will swap out the bolter for the pistol, its just hard to take the bolter of the model im using... its kinda welded to the legs.
    Ill repost the list tonight after playtesteng it abit.

More feedback would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. this list is sort controversally illegal its says under veteran skills in the specail rules that
    "Models with no mark of Chaos may have any number of skills, whilst models with a Mark may only have one" (exact qoute) since the troop section says to refer to it i guess the skills are illegal i would go for inflitrate though

2. i would go for the dark blade i the people are tactilly inept (stupid in other words but i wouldn't say that) enough to let him get into close combat let him be crushed by the the maximuim 5S7 re-rolled attacks let'em it would be funny

3. Please use power weapons if you really need to use them but lightening claws on EVERY CSM sqaud its overkill maybe take it off half or something but i still think claws are overkill

that be all best of luck bye
    You have the right to post anything. everthing you post can and will be misinterpretated and used against you

If I stop listening to you it just means the voices in my head are more interesting

"Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn!Kill! Maim! Burn!"
    Kharn of the world Eaters

+ Reply to Thread