NightLords 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NightLords 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am looking at either starting a Nightlord army or else an Iron Warriors army (I know polar opposites almost). So, i'll start with this nightlords list then move onto an IW's list in the near future. I am getting tired of my Demonhunters, so I might as well switch to the dark side.

Hq- 96

Lt w/ Dark Blade, Demonic Flight, Demonic Visage, bolt pistol

Troops- 436

Squad 1: 7x CSM (Bolt, Pistol cc wep) 1x AC w/ PF 2x w/ Melta's mounted in a rhino (extra armor, smoke) (This is total 8 models)
    Squad 2: 7x CSM (Bolt, Pistol cc wep) 1x AC w/ PF 2x w/ Metla's mounted in a rhino (extra armor, smoke)

Fast Attack- 966

6x Raptors 1x AC w/ demonic str, p. wep (Total 7 models)
    6x Raptors 1x AC w/ demonic str, p. wep
    7x CSM Bikers 1x AC w/ PF 2x w/ Plasma Gun's
    3x CSM Bikers 1x AC w/ PF 2x w/ Melta's

Total: 1498

Basically the idea is to run at the enemy fast as hell. The reason the bikes squads are kind of lop sided is b/c I want to keep one for tank hunting (small one) and send the other one directly into assault. The LT will join one of the raptor squads. I am a little concerned that I may not have enough anti-tank in this list. I was originally toying with the idea of dropping the smaller bike squad and 1 bike from the larger squad and getting 8 havoc's w/ tank hunters and autocannon's to deal with armor, but it bothered me. While I think that choice would make this list better it really doesn't fit the overall style, or fluff of nightlords.

Edit -
    No sugguestions?

Edit -
    I guess this list must be pretty good or else no one plays nightlords, I know when I post my possible IW's list I should get more feed back

Last edited by Caluin; May 20th, 2006 at 16:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't triple post, you'll get in real trouble.

I suggest dropping the bikes for Raptors as they are better but please show the costs of each squad so we can see what's cheap. You also need more infantry so maybe drop the rhinos for sqauds with 2 special weapons or 1 heavy Weapon, never mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Such fair and foul a list I have not seen.
    Anyway. Joy apon joy, they are nightlords, romping around terrorising the kiddies...Mwuhahaha.

[Normality] Well, I like the mobilty. I supect your bikes will be fire magents, but without them, the rhinos will be blasted so as to be holier than the word of the emporer(yes, the false one).
    If you can borrow some bikes and rhinos off someone to play test, or have the resources so you can by them anyway, I'd say play test the army. My Night lords infiltrate. Yes, every last one of them. They arent play tested but I suspect the raptors charging on the first turn will induce underwear wetting on the enemy's part. So, your list looks good. If you more raptors instead of bikes, then infiltrate the lot. Infiltrate on the troops will be +/- the cost of a rhino anyway and a lieutenant with a bunch of raptors is scary stuff to pop up in front of the enemy.
    Might I also suggest D.Aura on your LT. I fear he may wish to survive past the first turn.

I wish you good luck on your journeys. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step", so start off easy and develope your army to suit your style.

I bid thee fairwell (go prod a few Callidus assassin's eyes out for the Night lordyhood)
    [/Normality]

Big fish in a little pond raytard22's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Nylzxz
    Hq- 96

Lt w/ Dark Blade, Demonic Flight, Demonic Visage, bolt pistol

Troops- 436

Squad 1: 7x CSM (Bolt, Pistol cc wep) 1x AC w/ PF 2x w/ Melta's mounted in a rhino (extra armor, smoke) (This is total 8 models)
    Squad 2: 7x CSM (Bolt, Pistol cc wep) 1x AC w/ PF 2x w/ Metla's mounted in a rhino (extra armor, smoke)

Fast Attack- 966

6x Raptors 1x AC w/ demonic str, p. wep (Total 7 models)
    6x Raptors 1x AC w/ demonic str, p. wep
    7x CSM Bikers 1x AC w/ PF 2x w/ Plasma Gun's
    3x CSM Bikers 1x AC w/ PF 2x w/ Melta's
    A few points. based on things i've tried with my night lords
    Why a Lt. spend the extra few pts, make him a lord give him d strength, f. charge, d. speed instead of the flight, and infiltrate....make him a game winner.
    I don't like the troop choice... if you wanna do rhinos , go bolters drop and fire and make the squad 10 so that you have half a chance at surviving a charge on the turn afer you disembark. If you go bp ccw, save some points and infiltrate them!!!!
    Raptor squads look good, i'd suggest some melta guns maybe 2,3 per squad, I'd also suggest infiltrate them!!!!
    Ok up until now i've just been giving you my 2cents... your first bike squad needs a reality check....plasma guns to a 30+ point model??????????? they arn't twin linked so if you shoot em once u have an 11% chance of loosing that model... double tap em and it gets really ugly.... unless you are a really lucky dude , i'd suggest rethinking that one... all in all a decent list, however you severly lack numbers and some squads just aren't all that scary to me....

+ Reply to Thread