1st chaos army (word bearers) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Member death is only the beginning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st chaos army (word bearers)

HQ=172
    Dark Apostle
    Accursed Crozius
    Daemonic Mutation
    Spiky Bits
    Terminator Armour
    3 chaos hounds
    Bolt pistl

Troops= 575
    8 chaos space marine
    Aspiring Champion
    Power fist
    Plasma pistol
    Spiky Bits
    Daemonic Mutation

8 chaos space marine with close combat weapons
    Aspiring Champion
    Power fist
    Plasma pistol
    Spiky Bits
    Daemonic Mutation
    the whole squad has infltrate

Daemon pack
    8 Bloodletter

Fast Attack=140
    3 chaos space marine bikers
    Aspiring champion
    power fist
    master-crafted

Heavy Support=110
    Chaos Dreadnought
    Autocannon
    1000pts

Any comments please good or bad thanks

Last edited by death is only the beginning; May 19th, 2006 at 22:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, I'd recommend swapping your ACs' plasma pistols for bolt pistols. They have only one wound, so an unlucky roll could wipe him off the map. With the 18 points you save, give all of your CC marines bolt pistols. The shooting bonus and the extra attack really help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hq- This guy is ok. I probably won't give him the termy armor tho and possibly more hounds.

Troops- Your over spending on your AC's alot, plasma pistol, spiky bits, d. mutation and powerfist thats alot of points. I would definatly consider just a PF and bolt pistol or else p wep and d. str, bolt pistol.

Fast Attack- You need to get two meltas in here if you want to use them as a small anti-armor squad. Which I think you might really need since you lack AA. Here is where spiky bits for the AC could pay off, if both those melta's miss than you want to try and make sure the charge brings that tank down. You'll definatly have to keep these guys out of los and in cover they are your only fast unit and are going to attract alot of attention. USing them for demon bombing might be viable, but if you do that I would sugguest getting d. speed on your lord and running him alone and gettin infiltrate for your other troops squad.

Hvy Support- I think the dread might get left behind a bit. With any luck tho he'll be able to come just in time to reinforce your guys. You'll want to get extra armor and smoke on this guy.

Overall not a bad list, using the models you have now, when I make advise on lists now I am trying to refrain from sugguesting whole different models and builds, since these are likely the models you have lying around. Your big short coming is going to be AA, you need something to deal with armor. Also, your totally overspending on those AC, with the points you free up there you'll be able to free up there you can infiltrate on the one squad and likely so AA. I would sugguest not using a terminator HQ either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by death is only the beginning
    HQ=172
    Dark Apostle
    Accursed Crozius
    Daemonic Mutation
    Spiky Bits
    Terminator Armour
    3 chaos hounds
    Bolt pistl
    Well, the Terminator Armour makes this guy illegal. You can't combine Terminator with either the Bolt Pistol or the Chaos Hounds. Otherwise, fine. You could probably get away with dropping the Armour anyways, since you have a better invuln save through the crozius and the armour save is usually negated. Hold onto the points saved by dropping the armour - you'll use them later. 25 points saved.

Troops= 575
    8 chaos space marine
    Aspiring Champion
    Power fist
    Plasma pistol
    Spiky Bits
    Daemonic Mutation
    Bleh, drop the Plasma Pistols. Twenty points saved, for total of 45.

Daemon pack
    8 Bloodletter
    Not bad, but where do you plan on summoning them from? Your only free point of summoning is the Lord, and once your opponent realizes that, he's toast. Remember that the Hounds make him a unit so he can be shot at.

Fast Attack=140
    3 chaos space marine bikers
    Aspiring champion
    power fist
    master-crafted
    Far too small to be effective. No real use in the army. Too small to be useful in an assault, and no special weapons for tank busting. No icon for summoning. They're really just wasted points.

Buy Daemonic Mutation before Mastercrafted - better effect, costs the same.

Heavy Support=110
    Chaos Dreadnought
    Autocannon
    Nice! Cheap, and fills in the gap in your army. however, being the only piece of armour in your entire list, he's a target for every anti-tank weapon in your opponents list. He stands no chance of living past turn two with his weak armour.

Vehicles work best when taken in multiples. A single vehicle of any kind is rarely ever worth taking.

So, you have 45 points to spare. Things you want are special weapons for the CSM squads, Marks of Chaos (or Personal Icons, but the Marks are better/cheaper) for the troops, and upgrading the Bikers. You might want to drop the Dread to help beef up the Bikers.

Member death is only the beginning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the help

+ Reply to Thread