Slightly Revised [2000] Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Slightly Revised [2000] Iron Warriors

Here we go, slightly revised version of my tournament list.... all help appreciated

HQ
    Lord: D-Stature, D-Strength, D-Speed, D-Resilience, D-Mutation, D-Essence, D-Aura, 2 x ccw, spiky bits = 167pts

Lt: D-Flight, Kai Gun = 90pts

ELITES
    2 x Obliterators = 140pts

TROOPS
    6 x CSM: MoCu, lascannon, plasma gun = 115pts

8 x CSM: MoCu, 2 meltaguns, asp champion, power fist, combi-melta = 178pts

10 x CSM: MoCu, 2 plasma guns, asp champion, power fist = 198pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Vindicator: Extra armour, mutated hull = 160pts

Predator: Extra armour, mutated hull, TL Lascannon, Hvy Bolters = 165pts

Defiler: Mutated Hull = 180pts

8 x CSM Havocs: MoCu, 4 x Missile Launchers = 200pts

TOTAL = 1983pts

Comments?

2000pts Orks 4-2-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm i woulnd prob drop the lord. drop the vindicater never liked'em and get a basi or a dread and unless you go up agaisnt many high armor and swarm make the missle havoks autocannons with tank hunters and infiltrate and drop the makr that is if you want to infiltrate them.and maybe give the defiler inderect.elta on the AC and give both AC's bolt pitols to get the extra attack. and maybe this is just me have an all las pred and give the 2 squads the heavy bolters instead of lascannons and with thoese extra points mabye give the lt. resileince i cant think of anyithng else right now but i'm tired so for now good luck and may the gods of chaos be with you!
    It doesn't think, it doesn't feel,
    It doesn't laugh or cry.
    All it does, from dusk 'till dawn,
    Is make the soldiers die.

Commander Cyrus's Black Legion. W1/D0/L1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hi general, here's what I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring
    Here we go, slightly revised version of my tournament list.... all help appreciated

HQ
    Lord: D-Stature, D-Strength, D-Speed, D-Resilience, D-Mutation, D-Essence, D-Aura, 2 x ccw, spiky bits = 167pts

Lt: D-Flight, Kai Gun = 90pts
    So, I think the lord could be a little better, he's got a lot of stuff on him that he doesn't really need. I'm assuming that he is a big mean counter strike unit for your lines.
    For the statured lord, I suggest: Dreadaxe, D.speed,D.Strength,D.Resiliance, Furious Charge, spikey bits and extra CC weapon. This makes the guy 146pts, ignores all saves, 18 to 24'' charge range Strength 7 on the charge Toughness 6 baddie! He'll be utterly vicious.
    Spikey bits is cheaper than mutation and does the same thing since you're probably going to miss at least one attack.

I think the Liutenant is superfulous, but not a bad buy for 90pts, he needs aura though.

ELITES

Very nice.

TROOPS

8 x CSM: MoCu, 2 meltaguns, asp champion, power fist, combi-melta = 178pts

10 x CSM: MoCu, 2 plasma guns, asp champion, power fist = 198pts
    Get rid of the plasma guns on the 6 man fire support squads, and give them infiltrate. so you can put them somewhere advantageous and far away from the enemy to make use of that 48'' shooting range.

I'm assuming your 8 man and 10 man squads are your go-getters, assaulter/objective takers.

8 man squad is great. except the combi melta, expensive and not worth the points, don't forget the bolt pistol on the aspiring champ.

10 man squad, exchange plasma for meltas, rapid fire = no assault, with a large beatstick unit, you will not like having to choose between assaulting or shooting. Again, champ needs bolt pistol.

I could consider changing both into 10 man squads or making them both 9 man squads for nice reduncancy.

If you like plasma fire support, 6 man squads with 2 plasmas. They will melt down by the end of the game, they're cheap, rather effective and expendable.(I got this Idea from Caluin, tried it myself and it works wonders against termies.)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Vindicator: Extra armour, mutated hull = 160pts

Predator: Extra armour, mutated hull, TL Lascannon, Hvy Bolters = 165pts

Defiler: Mutated Hull = 180pts

8 x CSM Havocs: MoCu, 4 x Missile Launchers = 200pts

TOTAL = 1983pts

Comments?
    I personally don't think its necessary to max out on the heavy support.
    your havocs look good, I suggest tank hunters and infiltrate instead of MoCu. like the lascannon squads, use the infiltrate to close off fire lanes and put them somewhere far away where they will pound the enemy while not taking much in the way of return fire.
    I would drop one of the HS and max out your oblits, they will serve you FAR better in the long run. My suggeston would be the predator.

Overall a reasonably balanced list, Though I think your model count is rather low(for my tastes) for 2000 points coming at 49 models(If I counted right). Your oblits are going to be awesome and really come through for you in the long run, as they always do. I think the true beardy Iron-tough IW lists max oblits, and have a couple of havoc squads and the REST troops to back the oblits up(or the other way around)

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by theyak; May 21st, 2006 at 10:25.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

thx for the help so far
    few more questions....

Is it worthwhile to equip the main assault squad (the melta squad) with bolt pistols and ccw's instead of bolters?

How about switching the predator for a dread w/ mutated hull, TLLC, and ML?
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if the squad is made for assault then yes it would be worth it to switch to bolt pistol ccw's
    one all your weapons will fire at the same distance second even if you fire you can still assault unlike with the bolters.with the dread it depends what is the pred made to do is it all around and i would not give it a lascannon as you already have five including the oblits so i dont think you would need anymore lascanona anti tank a dread with a plasma cannon is very nice and with a missle launcher very versitile the plas is very good vs. troops and Av 12 or lower vehicles and the missle launcher is very good with either krak or frag.
    It doesn't think, it doesn't feel,
    It doesn't laugh or cry.
    All it does, from dusk 'till dawn,
    Is make the soldiers die.

Commander Cyrus's Black Legion. W1/D0/L1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

thx for the help so far
    few more questions....

Is it worthwhile to equip the main assault squad (the melta squad) with bolt pistols and ccw's instead of bolters?

How about switching the predator for a dread w/ mutated hull, TLLC, and ML?
    So, since you called as such: "main assault squad" then yes. CCW+BP is the way to go.
    Also, since pistols are kind of like a mix between Assault 1 / Heavy 2 12'' then it is also a good idea since then all of your weapons are alike. move+ shoot and assault (rinse and repeat.)
    When you put assault weapons(meltas) with rapid fire weapons(bolters, plasma etc) you lose the option to move, shoot and assault, which sort of defeats the flexability of the assault weapons. With the 12'' range, you're going to be up close and personal to use the meltas anyways, and the extra attack in CC (whether you get charged or charge) is always nice.

I'm not a fan of Dreds in a chaos army, but between a dred and a pred, since you already have a statured lord with speed for great counter assault, the dred is a meaty target with a victory points plackard on it. If you want a dedicated tank hunter a pred with All lascannons, smoke and extra armor. Cheap(reasonably) and effective.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread