1500 pt. Night Lords - First Attempt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt. Night Lords - First Attempt

I've gotten a female friend into 40k recently, and we have decided that through her interests, Night Lords were most likley more interesting for her.

I've thrown together a 1500 pt. List to try, and I've built the Lord already. Also I made another attempt to make the list score decently in composition.

Lord - Talons, flight, Mutation, Aura 120

10 Raptors - Infiltrate, furious Charge 350

6 Marines - Lascannon, Plasma gun 109

Total:1497

Go ahead and tear this list apart, as I need all the help I can get I suppose.

Breif overview time:

the Lord is meant to be cheap and effective, not the 'destroy everything on the field, single-handedly, without being harmed'.

Raptors, the core of this list, and the reason I only used three units is for the whole 'no section other than troops maxed out' composition guidelines.

Basic marine squads that are a hair away from min/max, but hey it's three squads of 6 rather than 2 squads of 5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only real thing I can see is that you have no power weps but 3 assault squads. Your really going to need power weps of some kind to deal with other assault armies. With raptors you'll likely be able to get the charge, but without something nastier in there your assault is going to be lacking. You should really get a dark blade on your LT and AC's with either P-fist or p wep and d str. Probably power fists, 3 lascannons in 1500 is ok but it would be nice to have something to take down the light armored guys so you can focus in on the hvy armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Trim the raptors down so you have 4 squads of six, 2 with 2 meltas and an aspiring champion with power fist and 2 with 2 flamers and an aspiring champion with power weapon.

Lord - Talons, flight, Mutation, Aura 120
    Going for the Konrad Curze/Night Haunter look? Add frag grenades.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Big fish in a little pond raytard22's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I like the list, a few comments....
    raptor squads need some work powerwpns and/or melta guns I'd suggest dropping down to 8 per squad as well
    the lord only comment imo spikey bits>d. mutation especially since u can re-roll a 6 and get a rend
    with the extra raptor pts, i'd beef up troops, possibly make 2 squads infiltrate with 2 plasmas?
    and if u have 3 pts left give ur leader grenades never let pts go unused!!!!

+ Reply to Thread