Alpha Legion 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Legion 1500

HQ- 142 points

Chaos Lord
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemonic Mutation
    Daemonic Aura
    Dark Blade
    Bolt Pistol
    Frag Grenades

Troops- 874 points

10 Chaos Space Marines
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    Bolt Pistol & Ccw
    2 Melta Guns
    Aspiring Champion
    Powerfist

10 Chaos Space Marines
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    Bolt Pistol & Ccw
    2 Melta Guns
    Aspiring Champion
    Powerfist

10 Chaos Space Marines
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    Bolt Pistol & Ccw
    2 Melta Guns
    Aspiring Champion
    Daemonic Visage
    Powerfist

10 Chaos Space Marines
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    Bolters
    2 Plasma Guns
    Aspiring Champion
    Powerfist

Fast- 275

7 Raptors
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    3 Melta Guns
    Aspiring Champion
    Powerfist

Heavy Support- 208

8 Havocs
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    4 Missle Launchers

Total- 1499

Not really concerned with numbers, but will the army have enough mobility, (only Raptors and Lord being able to move faster than standard infantry after infiltrating).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

From what I can see, the squads seem pretty hard themselves. The only problem being if an enemy comes out with any anti infantry measures.
    CSM squads can look after themselves in most situations, but I'm not sure about the mobility. Your raptors are going to be shot to bits early meaning you have a pretty stagnant army, especially if you deploy your devastators in the wrong place.
    How about taking a few rhinos? Just for transport, diversions or shields.
    Also, I'm not sure about your numbers either..
    A 10 man squad with aspiring champion, MoCU, Infiltrate and Frags all around, 2 special weapons and powerfist comes out at about 238 ish
    that's your cheapest squad and times 4 is way over 874...
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha legion infiltrate is 1 point... So I believe that would be 208... so 836 Oh he has frag and kraks. (which you should DEFENITELY DROP!!! atleast drop the krak, because remember. krak is BAD)
    Necron 2000 14/1/13

How come everybody else on this forum has 400 wins to 2 loses? I smell cheese.... and beef... sandwich!

What was Rogal Dorn doing when the Sanguinius and the Emporer got killed???

Woohoooo I killed the treeman!!! :)

I killed the Glade riders too!!!! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the cheapest troop choice 218 points, and no only the Raptors have Krak Grenades, and only because they're included in the base cost.

I'm actually more worried whether this army would be able to deal with mech armies (tau, SOB...) and close combat oriented forces (World Eaters, Orks, Tyranids, Dark Eldar...). I understand I can still infiltrate away from the enemy, this leaves me unsure of whether or not the slow ten marine squads should have bolters instead of bolt pistols and close combat weapons:unsure: . Of course I would miss the bolt pistols against shooty forces.

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ultra 01
    Actually the cheapest troop choice 218 points, and no only the Raptors have Krak Grenades, and only because they're included in the base cost.

I'm actually more worried whether this army would be able to deal with mech armies (tau, SOB...) and close combat oriented forces (World Eaters, Orks, Tyranids, Dark Eldar...). I understand I can still infiltrate away from the enemy, this leaves me unsure of whether or not the slow ten marine squads should have bolters instead of bolt pistols and close combat weapons:unsure: . Of course I would miss the bolt pistols against shooty forces.
    Well World Eaters would definatly eat you for breakfast, lunch and dinner any day of the week. CSMs are good in combat but Khorne Bezerkers are just much better. Mechanised armies shouldn't be too bad since you have 2 Melta Guns in each squad. As far as mobility goes they should do decently enough. You might want to watch out though. You're going to get alot of rapid fire shots pumped into you.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Welcome, Ultra to the librarium, and the Alpha Legion!
    I'll give you my multiple pennies on your selections.
    HQ- 142 points

Chaos Lord
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemonic Mutation
    Daemonic Aura
    Dark Blade
    Bolt Pistol
    Frag Grenades
    I would definitely exchange the mutation for furious charge, I6 S7 on the charge, and
    for a tiny bit more you could have him S8 on the charge with D.Strength, instakilling pesky librarians before they can force weapon you to death.

Troops- 874 points

10 Chaos Space Marines
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    Bolt Pistol & Ccw
    2 Melta Guns
    Aspiring Champion
    Powerfist

10 Chaos Space Marines
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    Bolt Pistol & Ccw
    2 Melta Guns
    Aspiring Champion
    Powerfist

10 Chaos Space Marines
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    Bolt Pistol & Ccw
    2 Melta Guns
    Aspiring Champion
    Daemonic Visage
    Powerfist

10 Chaos Space Marines
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    Bolters
    2 Plasma Guns
    Aspiring Champion
    Powerfist
    Nice squad sizes. You don't need 10 man squads, especially since you are going to infiltrate, 10 might be a little more difficult to hide, I go with 8, and its a very tight squeeze when I want to get up close and personal.

Consider making 2 of those squads use a heavy weapon, or a second squad with plasma for ranged kick. I put HBs + plasma in two of my squads because they are so cheap.

Fast- 275

7 Raptors
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    3 Melta Guns
    Aspiring Champion
    Powerfist
    Raptors are nice, but I don't like using them in games under 1850. They are too expensive and a liability. yes they can be nice, but they are such an obvious target that they get killed. period, and when they are almost 20% of your force, their loss is felt strongly.
    I would drop them for a pair or even a trio of obliterators. Oblits will rarely ever let you down.

Heavy Support- 208

8 Havocs
    MCU
    Infiltrate
    4 Missle Launchers
    Very nice, but I would pay the extra points for tank hunters on these guys, its worth it.
    If you can manage to find the points, A second squad with autocannons + tankhunters + infiltrate are very handy(8xS8 shots vs tanks). They kill tanks, decimate skimmers and own light infantry. They haven't let me down yet.

Total- 1499
    Not really concerned with numbers, but will the army have enough mobility, (only Raptors and Lord being able to move faster than standard infantry after infiltrating).
    Mobility on boards that deny infiltration can be a problem, but its no worse than having a normal ground-pounders army, just use cover wisely and there won't be much of a problem.

Just remember to infiltrate up close only when its to your advantage, don't go and infiltrate 12'' from a bunch of tyranids(in other words). Its why I advised giving half of your squads some long range kick so if you have to, you can sit back with your long guns and punish them before they get to you.

Your list looks considerably like Mine and Caluin's(hmm, I wonder if he will be summoned by the utterance of his name) Alpha legion lists, and speaking for myself, the list is rock solid.

Hope this helped
    Last edited by theyak; June 1st, 2006 at 20:23.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread