2000pt Iron Warrior List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Iron Warrior List

Heres a listi ve come up for Iron Warriors. Please anyone critique it and change as you would for the better. Thanks...
    HQ

ELITES

TROOPS
    1 - Champion - Bolter Undivided Mark Tank hunter 118
    2nd Squad
    3 - Marines - Bolters, Undivided Mark
    1 - Marine - Missile Launcher Undivided Mark
    1 - Champion - Bolter Undivided Mark 98
    3rd Squad
    1 - Marine - Autocannon Undivided Mark
    4th Squad
    1 - Marine - Heavy Bolter Undivided Mark
    1 - Champion - Bolter Undivided Mark 93

HEAVY SUPPORT
    1 - Champion - Bolter Undivided Mark 225

Basilisk - Mutated Hull, Parastic Possession, Deamonic Possession 170

Defiler - Mutated Hull, Parastic Possession, Deamonic Possession 220

Vindicator - Mutated Hull, Parastic Possession, Deamonic Possession 195
    ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________

2000 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hello chaosnecron, I'll give you my thoughts on your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosnecron
    Heres a listi ve come up for Iron Warriors. Please anyone critique it and change as you would for the better. Thanks...
    HQ
    I'm quite suprised you don't have a kai gun on one of these lieutenants.
    I don't personally play with sorcerers, so I can't really make too many comments on their usefulness myself. But, I would say that bionics are pretty worthless.
    What is the purpose for these guys? CC support, counter charge? the rest of your army is extremely static with no CC punch whatsoever. If someone actually made it to your lines(and they will) you will be ripped apart.
    My suggestion would be to give these guys flight, sorcerer, wind of chaos, aura and PW + bp.
    They would be there to hide in your lines, wait for the approach, pop out, winds a unit and charge in.

Redundancy is pretty important for a successful list, and since you're going for the cheap HQ route, make them both the same and both cheap and effective.
    ELITES
    I like obliterators quite a lot, and 2000 points is the only place I would ever EVER field all 9, but I still think its overkill. They are an excellent unit, very powerful, but you could save 210 points and make them squads of 2, they'll be about as effective and it will give you points to beef up where your list should be: troops.

TROOPS
    1 - Champion - Bolter Undivided Mark Tank hunter 118
    2nd Squad
    1 - Marine - Missile Launcher Undivided Mark
    3rd Squad
    1 - Marine - Autocannon Undivided Mark
    4th Squad
    1 - Marine - Heavy Bolter Undivided Mark
    1 - Champion - Bolter Undivided Mark 93
    These are a classic example of min-maxing your troops for the heavy weapon and for cheap. There's nothing wrong with that per se, and your squads exist as wounds for the heavy weapons. They will only be effective so far, though. 3 wounds makes them a non-scoring unit. That is very easy to cause, when(not if) the enemy reaches your lines the lack of any sort of punch in CC will cause your army to fold like paper.

Make these guys squads of 7, give the AC a powerfist and BP. The "hidden" powerfist is the most effective defensive-offensive maneuver I can think of. When your guys get charged, you need something that can hurt that incoming squad so your guys just don't die without taking some points back.

Save the tank hunters for havocs. Its just not worth it for ONE heavy weapon in a squad.
    If you really want to be nasty, make ALL of the heavy weapons in the squads Rocket launchers. They are decent to great tank busters, and they can switch hit to frags when needed.

If you take my advice above, you should be able to get another squad of CSMs or perhaps some daemons to beef up your ranks. You'll need it.

Right now, you have quite a low model count, my list outnumbers this at 1500pts, and I would not hesitate to face it with a 500 point deficit as it stands now.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    1 - Champion - Bolter Undivided Mark 225

Basilisk - Mutated Hull, Parastic Possession, Deamonic Possession 170

Defiler - Mutated Hull, Parastic Possession, Deamonic Possession 220

Vindicator - Mutated Hull, Parastic Possession, Deamonic Possession 195
    ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________

2000 points
    I think the biggest mistake (in my opinion) that IW players make is filling all of the Heavy support choices available to them. Its just not necessary. though it CAN be effective.
    You must be prepared to be called a cheeseball player and a cheesy list with absolutely no skill because you maxed out the oblits AND the heavy choices. I don't feel that way, but there will be people that cry it. If you must field 3 vehicles make them cheap and effective. Drop the mutated hull,parasitic/daemonic posession on the bassilisk the A10 means that if it does get shot, you're playing it wrong or you are losing.. period.(sans Space wolf scouts)
    The defiler is waay too expensive, even if it is A13 with all of its toys and such It comes with Daemonic posession, you don't need the parasitic possession, or the mutated hull. Its already a big tough target, that will blast anything away as long as its still standing.
    Again, the vindi.. you have extra toys on there you just don't need. I would perhaps keep the daemonic posession so you could shoot when shaken/stunned, but the rest is just a waste of points.
    The havocs.. give them Autocannons and tank hunters + infiltrate. no mark you should infiltrate these guys far away from the enemy and use their reach to punish them.

Personally, I suggest taking another havoc squad, arm them with rocket launchers(or autocannons), tank hunters, infiltrate. and use the same tactic above instead of the defiler. You already have a Bassie and a Vindie.(the two cool Heavy choices unique to the IW CSMs)

Hope this helped.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread