2000 pt tourny/friendly NIGHT LORDS - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt tourny/friendly NIGHT LORDS

This is my first attempt at night lords.. please leave comments.

HQ: Lord 210-Infiltrate
    -furious charge
    -pair of lightning claws
    -demonic strength
    -demonic resilience
    -demonic mutation
    -demonic aura
    -demonic speed
    -demon armor
    -demonic visage

troop: 10 marines 279
    -2 melta guns
    -stealth adept
    -infiltrate
    -furious charge
    -bolt pistols and ccw
    -AC with power weapon
    -bolt pistol
    -demonic strength
    - mutation
    - spikey bitz

-2 melta guns
    -stealth adept
    -infiltrate
    -furious charge
    -bolt pistols and ccw
    -AC with power weapon
    -bolt pistol
    -demonic strength
    - mutation
    - spikey bitz

fast attack: 5 bikes
    -2 melta guns 190

fast attack: 6 raptors 320
    -3 meltaguns
    -infiltrate
    -furious charge
    -AC with Power weapon
    -bolt pistol
    -demon strength
    -mutation
    spikey bitz

-3 meltaguns
    -infiltrate
    -furious charge
    -AC with Power weapon
    -bolt pistol
    -demon strength
    -mutation
    spikey bitz

fast attack: 10 furies 150

heavy :8 Havocs 246
    -tank hunters
    -2 lascannons
    -2 missle launchers

Nurgle kicked my butt yesterday.... and so did necrons...(I keep forgeting to hit and run)
    any advise? ..please... thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this list totals 1994 points... any ideas at all?

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

change your HQ to a close combat lord and some chosen in terminator armor and stick them in a landraider (which means your havocs go bye bye) cut down the Marine squads and free up points for the raptor squads. same goes for the bikes and don't forget to slap undivided on the raptors.

I strongly recommend making both troop chioces into tank hunters with lasconnons then you just use the extra marines as extra wounds for the lasconnon. 5-6 marines with boltguns and 1 with lasconnon with undivided on them you should be able to make their points back shooting anything not stuck in cc with your raptors and your hq on turn 2. if the whole thing goes south and you loose the land raider these guys will make pretty good heavy support... ofcourse raptors with meltaguns can do that too but not against monoliths where S 9+ guns is the only thing that helps.

maxing out the raptor squads is a good idea as they are fire magnets but then again the enemy sure as hell don't want to get swamped by a terminator lord and his 4 terminator buddies with chain fists so you might get away with having smaller squads...

Have fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Give the bike squad an AC with powerfist and switch the heavy weapons on the hacocs for 4 autocannons.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by molaticdeath
    This is my first attempt at night lords.. please leave comments.

HQ: Lord 210-Infiltrate
    -furious charge
    -pair of lightning claws
    -demonic strength
    -demonic resilience
    -demonic mutation
    -demonic aura
    -demonic speed
    -demon armor
    -demonic visage
    Holy buckets, batman, this guy is pricy.
    But that's OK because of the points level you are going for.(I assume 2000 points)
    I would suggest the following tweaks-
    Lightning claws replaced with Darkblade, with strength and F.charge that's strength 8.
    Drop the D.armor, its only useful against rocket launchers and that is only really should be a factor if you have stature, since all other high S.stuff have AP2 or better anyhow.
    -2 melta guns
    -stealth adept
    -infiltrate
    -furious charge
    -bolt pistols and ccw
    -AC with power weapon
    -bolt pistol
    -demonic strength
    - mutation
    - spikey bitz

-2 melta guns
    -stealth adept
    -infiltrate
    -furious charge
    -bolt pistols and ccw
    -AC with power weapon
    -bolt pistol
    -demonic strength
    - mutation
    - spikey bitz
    I'm assuming you give up MoCU in for furious charge. I would advise against that.
    These guys are going to be your dependable tough strong points, and one failed roll will send them running and possibly wiped out. I would also give the AC a powerfist instead of the power weapon, its the same amount of points as PW + D.str. I don't like having both mutation and spikey bits on the champ. he's already a pain unit save the points for more guys.

You could drop 2 marines, make them 8 man squads, drop the mutation and spikey bits on both of these squads and have a third CSM squad-6man speed bump with plasma guns.

I always suggest if the toss up is between guys vs toys, always, always, always choose guys.

fast attack: 5 bikes
    -2 melta guns 190
    Kill this squad and beef up your raptors.
    -3 meltaguns
    -infiltrate
    -furious charge
    -AC with Power weapon
    -bolt pistol
    -demon strength
    -mutation
    spikey bitz

-3 meltaguns
    -infiltrate
    -furious charge
    -AC with Power weapon
    -bolt pistol
    -demon strength
    -mutation
    spikey bitz
    These raptotrs are too small in size with the furious charge you are planning on hit and running and repeating. well, with only 6 guys that doesn't give you much in the room for meat shields for your AC or expensive meltaguys. You need at least 8 strong for this when possible. AC is appropriately kitted.
    Get these guys MoCU, again, they will be in the thick of things, one failed roll and poof theyre they go.
    fast attack: 10 furies 150
    Good.
    heavy :8 Havocs 246
    -tank hunters
    -2 lascannons
    -2 missle launchers
    Mixed weapons= very bad. Unite these guys in purpose.
    4x Missile launchers will be far more economical and about as effective.
    I will take a moment to plug my favorite havoc squad: 4x Autocannons- 8xStrength 7 shots vs infantry 8x strength 8 shots against tanks. What's not to love, you throw so many dice that it hurts anything it comes against.
    they NEED MOCU! On the occasion they take return fire, you do NOT want these guys to tuck tail and run.

Nurgle kicked my butt yesterday.... and so did necrons...(I keep forgeting to hit and run)
    any advise? ..please... thanks
    Well, Since I don't know your play style I don't know what to say, both of those('crons and deathguard) are the take a lick'n and keep on kick'n type armies and it sounds like you might have a problem with sustaining pressure and damage. One thing, I noticed you have a severe lack of core units in your army, there just aren't enough CSM squads, at 2000 points you should be fielding a minimum of 4 squads of 8, they are just so reliable and resiliant(not to mention the extra powerfists) Against crons and deathguard you need to have the numbers to out last and outblast them, and right now, the bulk of your points are tied up in expensive hard hitting units that can't take a pounding.

Just my two cents, hope that helped.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah thanks for the advice! I've been back and forth with more squads of CSM with less guys in each squad but i definatly understand now why death guard kicked my butt. I need more 'flesh shields'. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Also consider this, stealth adept is excellent for hunkering down and taking a good long beating and still be kicking back. Most of your army is centered around "GO GET 'EM!"
    Which will leave stealth adept only used part of the time.
    Perhaps specializing your squads further could help. Drop stealth adept on all but the squads designed to sit and pound(like havocs) and with the now free points get some more CSMs.
    basically, infiltrating into cover is already good, stealth adept makes it better, but if you're going to be closing ground and ultimately trying to get into CC, I think you might be able to make use of those points in a more efficient fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your troops and HQ are illegal, you're only aloud 1 vet skill. (Your nightlords, so you could get stealth adept, and another vet skill, but you can't have more then one of the normal ones.)

Anyway, you're defenitely a little low on numbers, I would try to find the points for another 10 man squad. (Dropping furious charge, which you have to do anyway, will probably free up about 50ish points.) Another option would be to make 3, eight man squads. 4 more models, 1 more power fist.
    Necron 2000 14/1/13

How come everybody else on this forum has 400 wins to 2 loses? I smell cheese.... and beef... sandwich!

What was Rogal Dorn doing when the Sanguinius and the Emporer got killed???

Woohoooo I killed the treeman!!! :)

I killed the Glade riders too!!!! :)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Donut
    Your troops and HQ are illegal, you're only aloud 1 vet skill. (Your nightlords, so you could get stealth adept, and another vet skill, but you can't have more then one of the normal ones.)

Anyway, you're defenitely a little low on numbers, I would try to find the points for another 10 man squad. (Dropping furious charge, which you have to do anyway, will probably free up about 50ish points.) Another option would be to make 3, eight man squads. 4 more models, 1 more power fist.
    Donut,
    His multi-vetskilled guys are unmarked. You can have as many veteran skills on unmarked units as you want to dump on them.
    Like I had pointed out, its usually better to have a mark than have extra skills.

+ Reply to Thread