1500pts Black Legion Anti-Eldar list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

1500pts Black Legion Anti-Eldar list

Whew it's been a while. It's actually 1502, but people I play around here aren't anal about those points. So what do you think? I am hoping the Blasted Standard wipes its average 7 units, the Obliterators to drop behind enemy lines, and the Havocs... simply reek havoc.

DP w/ Aura, Mutation, Resil, Speed, Dark Blade, Infiltrate, Teleport Homer

6 Thousands Sons Rubic Termies, AC with Blasted Standard

3 Obliterators

9 CSM, Infiltrate, 2x Plasma Gun

10 CSM Havocs, Infiltrate, 4x Missile Launchers

Defiler, Indirect, Mutated Hull

Pts 1502- 38 models, 1 vehicle

Last edited by LictorInTheGrass; June 9th, 2006 at 02:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

*crackes knuckles*
    Lemme ripe into this...

Quote Originally Posted by LictorInTheGrass
    DP w/ Aura, Mutation, Resil, Speed, Str, Dark Blade, Infiltrate, Teleport Homer
    The only thing you may need a Dark Blade for, is Wraithlords.
    -Banshees will most likely be in a Serpent
    -Scorpians will be infiltrating behind your lines
    -Anything hovering will be too quick
    Give him a Kai Gun or a plain Power Weapon wo help cleave through Gaurdians

Nice unit, but Eldar has plenty of anti-expensive trrop weapons; lots of AP2

3 Obliterators
    Great for the extra shootiness, but may go down from the same reason as the Terminators.

Very nice. Lots of bolters, some plasma, and good numbers.:yes:
    Try switching one plasma gun in each squad to a heavy bolter for extra punch.

Oh yes, very nice.:ninja:
    Make sure these guys get some kind of cover, they will be a prime target. No eldar player wants to see his beloved Falcons a$$ deep in a pile of mulch.

This guy will make your opponent sweat. Lobbing death from far away, behind cover, and hard to kill. Make sure you pick your targets wisely.

Not bad. Just a few tweaks and this list will be even better than it is already.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the advice of an Eldar player.
    DP w/ Aura, Mutation, Resil, Speed, Dark Blade, Infiltrate, Teleport Homer
    Ok, he looks good. But drop the teleport homer. You'll see why, later.
    Ok, Eldar has more Ap2 than than any other army. Drop these.
    3 Obliterators
    Same thing. But you can use these guys. Use the heavy bolters when you deepstrike. They can annilihate a squad of of expensive aspect warriors.
    Ok, good idea, but drop one Chaos Marine and a plasma gun. Add an autocannon and the MOCU
    See above
    Ok, with Eldar tanks it the quanity of hits, not the quality, that count. Give them 4 autocannons and and the MOCU.
    It looks great. The hull is worth it becuase of the abundance of starcannons.

With the points remaning you can pick up the following:
    a six man possesed squad with visage, a Champ with a fist
    a unit of 5 plauge bearers
    a unit of 8 deamonettes
    That should put you at 1501.

That would be a nasty unit for my Eldar to face. Good luck, but better luck to the Eldar player. They're going to need it.
    The Power of the Novels Shall Kill You All!! Muhaha

Ultimate Super Villian Clan; Lurking, Sniper Villian
    Star Wars Clan; Sith Lord
    Imperial Tactics Review; Master of Sanctity
    3500:Marines
    2000: Hordes of Chaos
    1500:Biel-Tan Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Rubic terminators and obliterators are kinda fragile if you have to go up against a lot of star cannons. (as Black Katalyst already suggested.)

Your infiltrating marines are nice, B.K.'s suggestion to swich to a heavy bolter is a double edged sword. It kills regular eldar a lot faster, but you loose mobility. As a general rule I would advise against it, but against eldar he's probably right.
    I would suggest however that it would be a good idea to put an aspiring champion in the squad with a power fist. It won't make the shooty squad into an good CC squad, but they will be a better speed bump for your opponent's CC squads, it can really make a difference.

Against marines your havocs are very nice, Against eldar I strongly suggest swiching to autocannons. Same price, and they are nearly twice as good at killing eldar tanks. Also most eldar have a 4+ armor save so once their tanks are down they're nearly twice as good at killing eldar line troops too. Eldar vehicles are hard to kill, not because of their AV, but the difficulty of getting a fatal damage result. Autocannons make a huge difference here. Also seriously consider giving them tank hunters.

Consider taking heavy bolter havocs. Heavy bolters will rip right through the eldar line, causing a mess, and are not too expensive. Also flamers of tzeenitch are an excelent unit for killing eldar. You summon in a squad with 9 assault 18" heavy bolters. . . that really does a number on any troop, particularly ones with a 4+ armor save.

The mark of nurgle on troops is very useful if you're going to go up against eldar as t5 is hard to get over with a base str of 3.

I would reccomend adding more bodies to your army your point per model is 38, that's a lot higher than I feel comforable with.

I don't take issue with your lord, he's striking on his good inititive, and doing hits that are just good enough to insta-kill any eldar model he swings at. He's got basic protection upgrades, capable of a first turn charge, and beyond that nothing fancy. The only suggestion I would make is to drop the teleport homer, but that's just because I don't think terminators are a good idea against eldar. (in other words drop the homer if you drop the terminators like I think you should.)
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These guys are illegal. Rubric termi's are the troops ones, who become elietes, so arent eligible to take the standard. To take the standard they would need to be chosen, and by doing that they all become sorcerors rather then rubric termis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Could you please post your opponent's list please? (if you have knowledge of it). It would be a little more helpful as we could tailor you to specific things.

~ The last army I played with my Eldar that was Chaos, was an undivided army. The best thing you can get is first turn before we can move our tanks 7+" to get every shot reduced to a glancing. Then those autocannons would be worthwhile, give them tank hunters aswell (if you use the autocannons), our Wave Serpeant's special ability reduces all strengths over 8, down to 8, so having strength 8 is the magic number.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by M'muth
    These guys are illegal. Rubric termi's are the troops ones, who become elietes, so arent eligible to take the standard. To take the standard they would need to be chosen, and by doing that they all become sorcerors rather then rubric termis.
    Thats where you're wrong Muth, because my Lord doesn't have the same mark, they are elite anyways.

EMP. heres the basic outline (to the best of my knowledge)

Seer Concuil
    2 Farseer
    w/ Ghosthelm, Rune of Witnessing
    Fortune
    5 Warlocks
    Enhance

5 Fire Dragons (including Exarch) in Falcon (Starcannon & Laser)

10 Banshees with Exarch

3 Dark Reapers with Exarch (ALWAYS stashed in cover)

10 Guardians w/ Starcannon (w/ Warlock)
    10 Guardians w/ Starcannon (w/ Warlock)
    6 Guardians

2 Vypers with Brightlance

Wraithlord
    Last edited by LictorInTheGrass; June 9th, 2006 at 13:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Thats where you're wrong Muth, because my Lord doesn't have the same mark, they are elite anyways.
    So? They're still not the Chosen Terminators. Chosen Terminators have only one wound, Psychic Powers and are allowed to carry special Banners. Rubric Termies are bought as Troops and upgraded to wear Terminator armour, and will always be Elites no matter how they get there in the first place.

Just because they're Elites doesn't mean they're allowed to carry the God's banner.

I've told you time and time again - Autocannons against Eldar. Not Missile Launcher. Autocannons. I'll drill it into your head yet, one of these days.

Drop the Termies. They're just a liability. Use the points to put Champions in the CSM units and run them at the Wraithlord. In CC a Powerfisted champ will take down the Wraithlord, especially if you softened him up with some Plasma beforehand.

Drop the Havocs to eight men and give them Tank Hunters. Be sure to stash them in cover!

For 1500 points, you are severly lacking in troops. Consider buying some Furies for cheap, fast CC prowess. They'll be real nice to have against the Banshees. You'll need to get some Icons to do that, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I agree 100% on what caluin said about the autocannons. My Alpha runs 2x 8man autocannon tank-hunting infiltrators(expensive) but these two units ALONE wiped out every skimmer they have ever come across and taken out 5 Leman russes on first turns.
    Throw enough dice(which is what skimmers need to die) and they will go spiraling down!
    Not to mention they switch hit for light infantry destruction.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread