1850 Alpha Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Alpha Legion

HQ:
    Lt-Dual LC, Speed, Aura, Resilience, Infiltrate

Elite:
    6x Chosen w/ Frags, MoCU, Inf and 4x AC w/ PF, Frags, MoCU, Inf

Troops:
    2x (9x marines w/ BP&CCW, MoCU, Inf, Melta, AC w/ PF) -396

2x (19x assassin cultists, champ w/ talons and mutation, MoCu) -320

2x (6 marines w/ bolters, las/plas, infiltrate, MoCu) -242

Heavy Support:
    2x (8 marines, 4x Autocannons, infiltrate, MoCu, Tankhunters -464

the las/plas and havocs act as ranged support and uses infiltrate to get good firing lanes while everything else tries to get close and melee. How does it look?

Last edited by Madscientist; June 9th, 2006 at 22:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Looks pretty decent, I'll make some comments and I'll try to keep in mind
    to leave your theme and concept intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madscientist
    HQ:
    Lt-Dual LC, Speed, Aura, Resilience, Infiltrate
    HQ is pretty ok. I was wondering why you went for lightning claws instead of the common Darkblade, D.strength and furious charge combo?
    It works wonders at 1850 especially with the potential for a lot of armor and HQs out there.
    I assume the reason was to cheapen the HQ's points which is good too. Though I might suggest giving this guy spikey bits for the re-roll.
    Elite:
    6x Chosen w/ Frags, MoCU, Inf and 4x AC w/ PF, Frags, MoCU, Inf
    I don't like chosen. they're expensive marines, die like marines and they rarely pay for themselves. I think you would be far better served exchanging them for a squad of 7 raptors with 2 meltas, furious charge infiltrate and an aspiring champion with goodies.
    This would give you more guys for the same points, more versatility and more tank hunting.

Troops:
    2x (9x marines w/ BP&CCW, MoCU, Inf, Melta, AC w/ PF) -396

2x (19x assassin cultists, champ w/ talons and mutation, MoCu) -320

2x (6 marines w/ bolters, las/plas, infiltrate, MoCu) -242
    I would consider making your 9 man squads to 8, since you don't get any benefit for 50% casualties at odd numbers, and give them 2 meltas each squad.
    I like the cultists give the Cult Champs some spikey bits!(did you happen to stumble across my equipping cultists post?) I recently tried them out and caused some good rending on a carnifex!

I would consider changing your small 6 man squads to having 2x plasma guns. They pack a nasty punch and are cheap. Caluin likes to use them as throwaway squads after blasting stuff away and melting the plasma wielders. I've tried it and it does work very well.

Heavy Support:
    2x (8 marines, 3x Autocannons, infiltrate, MoCu, Tankhunters -464
    Find the points to get them the fourth autocannon. The autocannon tank hunters combo works by throwing as many dice as you can. While this will be adequate for light vehicles, the odds are against you for av14 stuff. the 4th autocannon will most likely be the difference in scoring that all important glance against the land raider or Leman russ.

the las/plas and havocs act as ranged support and uses infiltrate to get good firing lanes while everything else tries to get close and melee. How does it look?
    It looks pretty good, I like the cultists, and the army design, all but the chosen. If you were thinking of using them as retinu or support for your lord, the raptors would work waaay better for that too.

Just my ideas, hope they helped.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ is pretty ok. I was wondering why you went for lightning claws instead of the common Darkblade, D.strength and furious charge combo?
    That is the most expensive LT can be without making him a lord.

I don't like chosen.
    That is ten marines, 6 normal chosen and 4 aspiring Champions. All of the troops are shown like that, so the 9 man marine squad is really 10 man and I have 20 cultists in each squad.

There are 4 autocannons, I just had a typo. I might think of taking out the chosen and adding another Havoc squad (either plasma or H and another HQ, either a lord or another LT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Ah, I see, i missed the Lt. part. never mind then.

I still don't like chosen. But that's my own bias. It will indeed bring much squishy with 4 powerfists though.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread