Hq2:
Keeper of secrets = 160pt

Troop 5:
6 daemonetes = 90pt

Troop 6:
6 daemonetes = 90pt

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm not the most experienced EC player around, but if you intend to use so much sonic weaponry, I advise that you read this thread

click me

Also, a standard Defiler clocks in at 150 points. So, is there something missing?

EDIT

looking at one of your other threads, it's probably mutation.
I reckon you should have indirect fire instead.

#3 · (Edited)
Yup.. that thread was a good one.

The conclusion we came to, at least from my perspective, was that sonic blasters make a nice icing on the cake unit, but you shouldn't neccesarily depend on them. After a few turns, their fragility and the fact that their firepower depletes so much with every death will probably have sealed it for you.

If you're going to use them, at least consider infiltration. 24" isn't as far as it seems on most boards.

(1) fulgrim, scion of chemos (daemon prince) = 180pt
+ mark of slanesh
+ combat drugs
+ needle of desire
+ sonic blaster
+ daemon essence
+ daemon mutation
+ terminator armor
The fluff-nazi in me has to point out that Fulgrim is a daemon primarch, not a daemon prince, he's not even representable under 40k rules. At the very least, he should have stature as well.. The old epic model placed him at about the size of a warhound titan, definately out of the scope of terminator armour to accomodate. Still.. up to you.

I don't like daemon princes, so I'm probably not the best person to advise you on them. But I have to say, swap the needle of desire for something else. Almost every high toughness target in the game also has a decent armour save, so the needle will almost never do its job properly.

Retinue:
(5) terminators = 265pt
+ aspiring champions
+ sonic blasters
+ 1 blast master
+ lightning claws
+ daemonic strength
The layout you've used here is confusing. Judging by the points cost I'm going to assume you only have one aspiring champion rather than several, which is as it should be. However, I think you're lacking a chainfist or powerfist. True, it means saccrificing a few of your high initiative attacks, but the ability to rip up tanks in close combat is a worthwhile compensation.

I also think you've invested in a second HQ too early.. I think you'd have done better spending some of those points on a bike squadron or some such thing, to harass the enemy in the early game, and to prevent your daemonettes appearing right on your side of the board and getting mauled as they run 6" a turn towards the enemy.

Some good ideas though. If nothing else, I'm amazed you've managed to fit so much into 2000 points.

#4 ·
Firsty I fielded a purely shooty EC army on an occasion or two. I always find that you need a balance of shooty & Close combat orented troops. I always included atleast as many Close combat troops at i do Sonic blasters in my army. And after daemonettes the army is around 55-60% close combat infantry based.

The other problem ive run into with shooty EC army like your is the fact that 6 man squads dont last too long at all. You have no large unit to hold down your battle line or hold an objective. You do have termiators but they are still only 6 terminators.

Everyone knocks using squads of 12 for shootyness due to the difficlutly to get all of them into cover, or how unwieldy they become ot move. Buy 1 squad of 12 (right about 300pts) is something excessivly scary, it can take 3 or 4 wounds and still be very very effective. (if nothing else you should try it once)

I also strongly encourage
A) Close combat troops (12 is good here too), i infiltrate a squad of 12, with an aspirning champion with daemonic chains for my greater daemon delivery. They have lots of wounds and start close, run in and out pops the keeper of secrets.

B) 1 or 2 members of your terminators should have power or chain fist for close combat dealing of tanks.

C) tool your D. prince out more for close combat or more for ranged combat. Examples being....
Ranged: Kai gun, and defenceive daemon upgrades
Close combat: Dark blade, CCW, mutation, offincive upgrades.
And as i agree with mantis, the needle of desire is right out... no good will come from it...

D) I also agree with mantis about naming your d. prince after our primarch, there is a reason we dont have rules for primarchs. If your looking for a good name. A book just came out called "Horus Rising" which has the emperor's children in it. Some good fluff and officalized GW names of captains and the like... or i would sugest making up your own... But it is up to you.

Last but not least your body count is pretty good, you have 51 pieces of plastics, which clocks in at 39.215 points per piece of plastic (PPPP). This is always a numer i try to keep in the back of my mind. because on average whenever something of yours dies. This is what it cost you.

Thats about all i got to say about that... hope it helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.