Lost & damned w WB - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost & damned w WB

hiO all

Well Im trying to start a L&D army.. I want them to be be a very hard mutie & demon army.. but Ive never play chaos befor so i have no idea where to start..
    What im seeing is a L&D army lead by the WB.

So if someone could toss out a few ideas for a list it would help me alot

i misspell alot

DIE BUNNY, DIE BY MY HEAVY BOLTER
    copy this into your sig to halt bunny's quest for world domination!!
    '''''____________
    '''/O_____|'''''''''|__''''''(\_/)
    '''|_|__________|__|''''(O.o)
    HH''''''|_|''''HHH'''''''''''(> <)
    ''''HH'''''''''''HH
    '''''''HH''''''HH
    ''''''''''HHHH

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Hello there! Welcome back into the loving, some time heretical, fold of chaos.

Go to the army list page and try some searches, there are some really top notch lists out there. Chaos is limitless. The variations you can have in Lost and Damned is astounding.
    What kind of army do you want?

Do you have the codexes? For lost damned you'll need at least Chaos and Eye of Terror. IG is also recomended incase you want to make use of imperial tanks.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Firstly.. Demagogue..

Seriously, I think the demagogue skill is the only legitimate reason to pick word bearers as your lost and the damned masters, because you can't actually get enough allied troops choices to start using your extra ones. However, the thought of mutants who will never take a morale check is just gleeful, even if you will pay through the nose for it. Take a big solid bunch of cheap mutants, stick a dark apostle with demagogue in one of the units and keep them clumped together for the bonus.. result.. a horde of 30-90 mutants who will just run across the board and won't stop running until they hit something or are all dead.. For an enemy, inflicting 90 wounds on a T4 mutie horde before they hit CC is not a nice prospect.

True, it's not that much of an advancement on just including aspiring champions, who will also be bad ass in combat and protect against pinning. But it's still a fun idea, and will probably make your opponent pant wettingly scared..

As for daemons, I'd probably take daemonettes or bloodletters.. The former because they can deal with many types of tanks and heavy infantry, both of which will be problematic for your mutie horde, and the latter because they're just really good in cc. I'd go for the girls myself. It just strikes me that they'll fit in better.

Finally, you need some tankbusting.. An obliterator or two would cut it in small games, but you might need to start using 5 man traitor heavy weapons teams as well. Possibly even some CSM allies, maybe infiltrating mini squads with meltaguns, or even bikes with meltaguns.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; June 25th, 2006 at 04:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Mantis's advice is good: a few more types of daemons to consider too:
    Mutants are not very shooty, adding Flamers can make a big difference in your ability to kill faster moving targets and/or kill infantry very well.
    Furies are a nice addition to a LatD army as well: first they don't take up any of your cramped elite slots like other daemons, second they are inexpensive and can tie up fire lanes by getting an early assault.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok how does this look?

HQ
    Chaos Lord (1#, 185 Pts)
    1 Dark Apostle @ 185 Pts
    Dark Apostle; Combi-flamer
    1 Mark of Chaos Undivided
    1 Demagogue
    1 Daemonic Strength
    1 Master crafted weapon
    1 Terminator Armour
    1 Accursed Crozius

TROOPS
    Mutants Squad x 3
    30 Mutants @ 280 Pts
    Blades, spears, pistols (x28); Frag Grenades; Flamer (x2); Icon of Chaos (x3)
    1 Aspiring Champion @ [85] Pts
    Lightning Claw (x2); Frag Grenades (Squad); Krak Grenades
    1 Mark of Chaos Undivided
    1 Daemonic Strength

ELITES
    Obliterator Cult (3#, 210 Pts)
    3 Obliterators @ 210 Pts

Daemonette Daemon Pack (15#, 225 Pts)
    15 Daemonettes @ 225 Pts

FAST
    Furies Daemon Pack (14#, 210 Pts)
    14 Furies @ 210 Pts

Chaos Hounds (10#, 100 Pts)
    10 Chaos Hound @ 100 Pts

HEAVY
    Defiler (1#, 230 Pts)
    1 Defiler @ 230 Pts
    Battle Cannon; Heavy Flamer; Reaper autocannon
    1 Indirect Fire
    1 Blasphemous Runes
    1 Dirge Caster
    1 Mutated Hull
    Last edited by Caluin; June 25th, 2006 at 19:36.
    i misspell alot

'''''____________
    ''''HH'''''''''''HH
    '''''''HH''''''HH
    ''''''''''HHHH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWingZ
    ok how does this look?
    It looks like you've used Army Builder and forgot to edit out the copyrighted material, per our rules. I've gone ahead and done it for you, along with formatting it slightly to make it easier to read.

Also, punted this to Army Lists, since you're looking for critique advice now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh ok thank you.. I didnt know i had to put the CW stuff on there.. sorry it wont happen again
    i misspell alot

'''''____________
    ''''HH'''''''''''HH
    '''''''HH''''''HH
    ''''''''''HHHH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Hmm break your daemonettes up into 2 squads: 15 is just too hard to fit under the template. Likewise your furies: 10 is just about the max you can get under the template, wich is just fine considering that 10 is their max squad size.

So drop 4 furies, and add 4 daemonettes between 2 squads: 8 & 9 (or just use the points elsewhere. . .)

Your defiler is way too expensive: drop the blasphemous runes, and I would reconsider why you've got a dirge caster on it: the effect is great, but your force is CC and rushing at your opponent, while your defiler should be hiding behind terrain. If your mutants are in range of the dirge caster something is wrong. Also I'm not a big fan of both indirect, and mutated hull at the same time, but that's your call.

Your mutant squads would really benifit from you adding a boss with a powerfist to each squad. It will give you a lot bigger kick against the more elite units in the game. You can have 29 bodies acting as a meatshield for 2 potent powerweapons with a lot of attacks each. This is largely why mutants are considered to be so dangerous.

Also drop the krak from the AC's either upgrade to a meltabomb, or just not worry about it. A single str 6 attack against a tank is kinda pointless.

Those are a few thoughts. With the exception of your furies quantity being illegal it's just my opinion. Take it as you will.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

+ Reply to Thread