Black Legion [Lots of Khorne] - 1500 [First Try] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Avatars of Loss [1500 Black Legion, Khorne Heavy]

Alright, I've been thinking lately, there arn't really that many advantages to playing a Cult Chaos Army, so I've decided to try a Really Heavily Khorne Themed Black Legioon army. Well, here's my first try:

HQ - 146

Daemon Prince Rieg'Nheth [Daemon Prince with Mark of Khorne; Berserker Glaive; Daemonic Stature; Daemonic Strength; Chaos Icon; Feel No Pain; Frag Grenades] - 146

Elites - 140

Boomsticks [2 Obliterators] - 140

Troops - 684

Zerks 1 [8 CSM with Mark of Khorne; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistols; 7x Khornate Chainaxes; Chaos Icon; 1x Aspiring Champion with Daemonic Strength, a Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, and Talisman of Burning Blood] - 205

Zerks 2 [8 CSM with Mark of Khorne; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistols; 7x Khornate Chainaxes; Chaos Icon; 1x Aspiring Champion with Daemonic Strength, a Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, and Talisman of Burning Blood] - 205

Hereticus 1 [8 CSM with Infiltrate; Frag Grenades; 5x Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons; 2x Melta Guns; Mark of Chaos Undivided; 1x Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist] - 146

Hereticus 2 [6 CSM with Infiltrate; Mark of Chaos Undivided; 4x Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons; 2x Plasma Guns] - 128

Fast Attack - 245

First Blood [7 Chaos Raptors with 2x Plasma Pistols; 1x Melta Gun; Furious Charge; Infiltrate; 1 Apsiring Champion with a Power Weapon] - 245

Heavy Support - 232

Thundering Death [8 Chaos Havocs with Infiltrate; Tank Hunters; 4x Autocannons; 4x Bolters] - 232

Total: 1500

The basic Strategy is to have so many Infiltrating Threats, that the opponent wil either A) Split his fire among them, leabing most of them unfazed [Most likly for inexperienced players] or Try elimnate them one ata time, giving me the chance to get everything else in CC or into good firing positions. I have Havocs, Obliterators, and meltas for Anti-Tank, Meltas and Plasma for MEQs, and a Daemon Prnice and berserkers to mop up anything I didn't maim with Shooting of CC.

Any and all contructive critisism welcome.

A Special thanks to TheYak, he was awesome in helping me along with this list. All praise goes to him, he posted has 13 of the 38 Replies on the thread, one short of half! Thank you TheYak!

Last edited by Aether-Moose; July 14th, 2006 at 05:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

only can have one squad of raptors as they are 0-1
    DJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

Ah...my bad. SHould I just combine the two Squads?
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hey there Aether Moose, here are my thoughs on your list.
    Overall, I like the concept, there are a few tweaks I suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Æther-MØØSE
    Alright, I've been thinking lately, there arn't really that many advantages to playing a Cult Chaos Army, so I've decided to try a Really Heavily Khorne Themed Black Legioon army. Well, here's my first try:

HQ - 181

Daemon Prince Rieg'Nheth [Daemon Prince with Mark of Khorne; Berserker Glaive; Daemonic Stature; Daemonic Esscence; Daemonic Mutation; Daemonic Ressilience; Chaos Icon; Feel No Pain; Collar of Khorne; Frag Grenades] - 181
    Looks good, big nasty and khorney he has everything a statured khorne lord of painful death should have. If you can free up some points, he would benefit from furious charge too.
    Troops - 748

Zerks 1 [8 CSM with Mark of Khorne; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistols; 7x Khornate Chainaxes; Chaos Icon; 1x Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood] - 187

Zerks 2 [8 CSM with Mark of Khorne; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistols; 7x Khornate Chainaxes; Chaos Icon; 1x Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood] - 187

Zerks 3 [8 CSM with Mark of Khorne; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistols; 7x Khornate Chainaxes; Chaos Icon; 1x Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood] - 187

Zerks 4 [8 CSM with Mark of Khorne; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistols; 7x Khornate Chainaxes; Chaos Icon; 1x Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood] - 187
    I like! These squads are definitely "more blood for the blood god!"

One thing I can suggest, is giving them furious charge, it makes 'zerkers absolutely more deadly on the charge and it's only 24 more points for the squad.

Fast Attack - 260

Deathhawks 1 [5 Chaos raptors with 2x Melta Guns; Apsiring Champion with Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon] - 130

Deathhawks 2 [5 Chaos raptors with 2x Melta Guns; Apsiring Champion with Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon] - 130
    The only army that can take more than one raptor squad is Night Lords.
    And, 5 raptors bare ore 145 pts, add 2 meltaguns and an AC and that's 188 pts
    Consolidate them to one squad of 8, 3x meltaguns, furious charge. MoCU
    Ac with D.Strength and Powerweapon. THIS is a money squad, versatile, annoying to the enemy, effective but pricey.

Heavy Support - 324

Boomsticks 1 [6 Chaos Havocs with 3x Autocannons; Tank Hunters] - 162

Boomsticks 2 [6 Chaos Havocs with 3x Autocannons; Tank Hunters] - 162
    Havocs should be 8 man strong, max their weapons out..
    If you can afford to give them infiltrate, you can use the infiltrate to put them far away but in LOS of stuff, and they will do well.

Total: 1513 [Need to shave 13 Points, any ideas?]

Well, I'm not very weel versed in any Chaos Rules BUT World Eaters, so please tell me if anything is ilegal. I know this list is unballanced, but I really would like to stick with a mostly Khornate "Get in your face and smash you" army. Any and all help is welcome.
    Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Mr moose,
    I hate to wee on your parade, but Raptors are limited to 1 squad only. So you could have them as 1 squad of ten and have 3 meltas.
    You might want to consider infiltrating the the autocannons and raptors, to give you something to do while the bezerkers peg it up the field.
    Tank hunters would be usefull too. Even though you aren't fielding armour, @ 1500, the enemy may well do so.
    You may well get slaughtered with this list, but if you hit the enemy lines, oh boy.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

Thanks everybody, I'll make the changes right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

One more thought, Obliterators, going black legion opens them up to you to take. They are just too awesome to overlook seriously putting in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ - 181

Daemon Prince Rieg'Nheth [Daemon Prince with Mark of Khorne; Berserker Glaive; Daemonic Stature; Daemonic Esscence; Daemonic Mutation; Daemonic Ressilience; Chaos Icon; Feel No Pain; Collar of Khorne; Frag Grenades] - 181

Definitely a big, beefy DP, and you can't really go wrong with the Glaive and FNP. Personally though, I would take Strength over Mutation, but that is just because I favor reliability over other things.

Troops - 748

Zerks 1 [8 CSM with Mark of Khorne; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistols; 7x Khornate Chainaxes; Chaos Icon; 1x Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood] - 187

Zerks 2 [8 CSM with Mark of Khorne; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistols; 7x Khornate Chainaxes; Chaos Icon; 1x Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood] - 187

Zerks 3 [8 CSM with Mark of Khorne; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistols; 7x Khornate Chainaxes; Chaos Icon; 1x Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood] - 187

Zerks 4 [8 CSM with Mark of Khorne; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistols; 7x Khornate Chainaxes; Chaos Icon; 1x Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist and Talisman of Burning Blood] - 187

Looks pretty strong. The powerfists definitely show you know your Khorne. Sometimes I do like to throw on Demonic Strength, pwr wpn, and Melta Bombs instead, so keep that in mind as an extra option. The extra speed with the power weapon does sometimes make a difference. Experienced players will kite you with armor, as I am sure you have experienced, but the bombs do work nicely in those situations.

Fast Attack - 260

Deathhawks 1 [5 Chaos raptors with 2x Melta Guns; Apsiring Champion with Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon] - 130

Deathhawks 2 [5 Chaos raptors with 2x Melta Guns; Apsiring Champion with Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon] - 130

I would definitely check your calculations here. Using these getups, I add them up to about 190 points each. It looks to me that you wish to use them as tank hunters, but to that effect they are very pricey. I personally love them for all-purpose response teams. To that effect they are extremely useful in Khorne armies because your forces can be very fickle. I use something like this:

Raptors x7 with 2x Plasma Pistols; 1x Melta gun; Furious Charge; Aspiring Champion with power weapon and Melta Bombs (Maybe even Strength if I'm feeling malicious).

It's expensive but usually my opponents are so afraid of the impending Khorne rush that the Raptors can jump around where needed. Last game I played against Necrons they were worth twice their cost. Intercepted Wraiths, chased away a handful of Destroyers, then feigned and took out a squad of warriors. All of these actions created a clean corridor for my 'Zerkers to rush straight at those warriors and their juicy, juicy phase out.

Heavy Support - 324

Boomsticks 1 [6 Chaos Havocs with 3x Autocannons; Tank Hunters] - 162

Boomsticks 2 [6 Chaos Havocs with 3x Autocannons; Tank Hunters] - 162

Mark of Chaos Undivided is so cheap and won't let your guys run away when taking some abuse. Also, I see Autocannons more as a form of anti-horde stuff with enough strength to back up in other areas. Your Berzerkers should be able to hold their own when it comes to the hordes but can be held up at the bigger targets. Also, sometimes when you are facing the stuff in between it helps to soften the opponents squads up a bit before. For these reasons I much prefer missile launchers in my Khorne army.

Since you are Black Legion already, don't forget that Obliterators are still an option. I like to deploy a pair right in the middle of my Berzerkers at the start of the game. Sure the Khorne guys will leave 'em in the dust, but they usually have a nice view of the 'Zerker running path and can give some nasty backup fire.

Total: 1513 [Need to shave 13 Points, any ideas?]

Figure out the Raptor problem, recalculate, and come back with any changes and we'll see what it looks like.

Overall it looks like a very fun list. My only comment on the army as a whole is that your Demon Prince might be a little pricey for a 1500 point game. If the list works just fine, then go with it. However, if you find yourself having a little bit of trouble why not tone him down and tag 'em in one of your Berzerker squads? He can still be one nasty dude, but throwing him on a Juggernought and putting him in a squad can save you up to 50-60 points.

EDIT: LOL, theyak and I seem to be on the same page...
    Yeah, I can't get enough of Furious Charge myself. So very sweet.
    Last edited by TreeSapX; June 30th, 2006 at 00:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

WOW.I completely forgot about Oblits. Replaced the Havocs witht them, as I don't expect TOO many tanks. I have 33 Point sleft, what to buy?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Hey there Moose,

My suggestion for the last 33 points: Spikey bits for Lord, and D.Strength for all the ACs in the berzerker squads.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast