[1500] Death Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

[1500] Death Guard

ok, going to a tourney soon, and I'm stuck at deciding whether to include some nurglings, or just distribute the spare points on AC upgrades (Daemonic Mutation comes to mind )

-- #1 --
    ¤Lt, manreaper, Daemonic Strength, Melta bombs (yes, I've needed them more times than not)

¤ 2x 7man Havoc squads, both with 4 plasmas, infiltrate, Aspiring Champion with Powerfist

¤ 4x 7man Plague Marine squads, two with 2 meltas, and two with 2 plasmas, all with Aspiring Champion with Powerfist

¤ 2x 7 Plaguebearers

That leaves some 60 points left for the Champions

-- #2 --

Same as above, but remove one squad of Plague Marines and use a squad of Havocs in exactly the same way, just it costs 10 points more, but it frees up a troops slot for 5 nurglings.

How about it guys? what's your experience with nurglings?
    And what about the list in general? I know it isn't big on anti tank, but I just hate vehicles so much, they always get blown up first round, so I'm going fluffy here, with troops galore, the way Mortarion intended

edit: meh, forgot about the infiltrate on the havocs

Last edited by CryoGenFX; July 3rd, 2006 at 20:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CryoGenFX
    ok, going to a tourney soon, and I'm stuck at deciding whether to include some nurglings, or just distribute the spare points on AC upgrades (Daemonic Mutation comes to mind )

-- #1 --
    ¤Lt, manreaper, Daemonic Strength, Melta bombs (yes, I've needed them more times than not)

¤ 2x 7man Havoc squads, both with 4 plasmas, Aspiring Champion with Powerfist

¤ 4x 7man Plague Marine squads, two with 2 meltas, and two with 2 plasmas, all with Aspiring Champion with Powerfist

¤ 2x 7 Plaguebearers

-- #2 --

Same as above, but remove one squad of Plague Marines and use a squad of Havocs in exactly the same way, just it costs 10 points more, but it frees up a troops slot for 5 nurglings.
    IMHO, i would make one of your havoc squads full melta (would go in well w/ troops) and then mess around with points to where you could infiltrate your entire army all over the field.
    nurglings for me are just like scarabs and rippers:annoyances. they always semm to make it up to the troops faster than most and pretty much tangle or draw fire as the rest of the army trudges up to them.i personally dont use them, since i dont like them. DM on your Acs is always good. also, you didnt show that you payed for MoN on any of you units either. might want to check that out...
    other than that, seems pretty tourny ready to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

eh, well, I didn't list any of the mandatory purchases. This is a death guard army, hence I have to take MoN, so I didn't bother writing it down :p

the points add up I assure you.

as to the havoc melta idea, I think four meltas on a single tank is a bit overkill, don't you?
    better to freem-splat half a Marine squad instead...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather have to many meltas that have a garentied chance of doing somethimg than to few that have a small posabilatie of hitting (due to my dice roling luck) let alone doing something significant.
    And yes I do advise using Nurgalings. I had a guard player shooting half his army at my unit of 4 Nurgaling bases. Ok in the end there was only 1 base left with 1 wound, but at the end of the game having sufferd all that and survived... I think that speeks for itself:yes:.
    Lord of the nurgalings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CryoGenFX

-- #1 --

¤ 2x 7man Havoc squads, both with 4 plasmas, infiltrate, Aspiring Champion with Powerfist

¤ 2x 7 Plaguebearers

I would personally put some type of inv save on your Lieutenant, so he doesn't eat power wepon death as easily. I would also put all of your plasma guns into the troops because they have a greater range so won't have to move as far to be in effective shooting range, and all of the meltas into the havocs due to them having infiltrate and all. This also gives you considerably more punch when shooting tanks, which is the whole point of them. I think the plasma totting plague marines should best be left as fire support, but you still have the powerfist if you need it. If you want some Nurglings that badly then you could always cram all of the plaguebearers into one massive unit and still have it favoured, thus freeing up that last troops slot.

Hope i've helped more than i've hindered, S.I.
    If you notice this notice then you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing!

+ Reply to Thread