1500 point WE first try. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point WE first try.

Ok feel free to criticize. I'd like to refine this list as much as I possibly can to get it ready for play.

HQ
    Daemon Prince = 170 points
    - MoK
    - Daemonic Stature
    - Daemon Armor
    - Berserker Glaive
    - Daemonic Strength
    - Feel no Pain

Troops
    16 Berzerkers = 422 points
    - MoK
    - Chainaxes x15
    - Furious Charge
    - AC
    - Juggernaut
    - Talisman of Burning Blood
    - Power-Fist

16 Berzerkers = 422 points
    - MoK
    - Chainaxes x15
    - Furious Charge
    - AC
    - Juggernaut
    - Talisman of Burning Blood
    - Power-Fist

Heavy
    Dreadnought = 145 points
    - Second CC weapon
    - Destroyer
    - Mutated Hull

Dreadnought = 145 points
    - Second CC weapon
    - Destroyer
    - Mutated Hull

Predator = 195 points
    - Autocannon
    - Side Lascannons
    - Mutated Hull
    - Daemonic Possession
    - Parasitic Possession

Now as I see it, I've got a lot of CC power with power-fists just in case they are forced to attack very powerful enemies as well as finishing power just to take care of those last few troops in a unit. Then, I've got a little long-range punch with my predator just for good measure. Again, let me know what you guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Stabby Joe, I'm no WE player, but I think I can help a bit with your HQ.
    For further amusement let me do it in the style of some kind of rapping bohemian.

yo yo yo, what's the deal with that Chaos Armour man? C'mon homey, you know that's not good for you. AP3 weapons may be quite rare, but there are a whole load of common AP2 weapons which will really take the beef to yo armour man y'know?
    It's also quite expensive.
    I reckon, take aura and resilience. That way he'll be one bad uzi loving mofo.

Also, where are his wheels bro? He can't get no place without his wheels y'know? How do you expect him to pick up honeyz without wheels?
    Daemon Speed is always a good idea, because stop..... Hammer time! ...that'll get him into the fighting faster. And he fights like Cassius Clay y'know?

Another thing my excellent hombre, if yo daemon big ass mofo had a little too much Cognac he might need some SPIKEY BITZ to help him focus his kung fu skills.
    Mutation might be another good idea too, because that'll give him like 8 or 9 attacks on the charge. He'll be the biggest baddass in the west side, NWA would pay to have a homey like this guy bro.

Hope that helped

Oh yeah, about the list. Have you thought of splitting the 'zerker squads up so that they can more P.Fists and P.weapons? They'll still be favoured, so you might as well make use out of as many free champs as you can get.

Also, Have you considered complete las cannons on your predator too? The list is a bit short of tank popping power, so you might want to capitalise on that. The second option would be to take advantage of the only play we get Plasma cannons and change one of your dreads.
    Last edited by Karmoon; July 8th, 2006 at 13:05.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do appreciate the feedback and should explain that usually my lists aren't built for playing against tanks and such. I would change my predator if that were the case just for that extra pop but for my purposes, 2 lower strength attacks are better than 1 big bad one.

The dreadnought, I might have to try that out but I just wasn't sure because I couldn't seem to find stats for the plasma cannon. Does it follow the Battle Cannon rules maybe?

The Zerk squads I actually put to units of 16 just so they'd have more lasting power as I've read that they can be trouble when you're blasted to death on your way TO the enemy force. I suppose, like the predator's weapons, my squad size would be conditional on who I'm playing against.

As far as the Prince. I do think the armor thing is pretty good advice. Though I'd have to crunch the numbers again on his daemon abilities to make sure it's all proper. The speed though, with the glaive he is always in a blood rage. So as long as good rolls are made, he doesn't need speed or flight in my opinion, except maybe if I want control. And only if I could afford the abilities heh. Mutation would likely be cool but too many points, once again.

Please, more feedback. I might end up getting into a game tomorrow hehe.

S-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Nice Karmoon, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by StabbyJoe
    The dreadnought, I might have to try that out but I just wasn't sure because I couldn't seem to find stats for the plasma cannon. Does it follow the Battle Cannon rules maybe?
    The plasma cannon's rules are not in the codex, you'll have to borrow a friends IG or SM codex. As for the list, splitting up your 'Zerk squads is a really good idea, it let's you manage more enemy units at once, and as Karmoon said, would give you more powerfists, which is you best bet for tank popping. You'll kinda have to expect to get shot at while you charge into battle, 'tis enevitable (sp?).

Also, two CC Dreads are risky, as they will get shot at alot. I find the chance of one getting across the battlefield alive is low, even with mutated hull. Although, they might draw fire from your 'zerk squads, which usually will do more damage than the dreads.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread