Carnage Dragons-1500pts WE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carnage Dragons-1500pts WE

Here's my first list since restarting 40k I hope all my points are correct.Any help would be appreciated because I haven't played this army yet but I have looked at plently of stuff on this forum and its helped me build this list.Some units don't have names yet sorry.

Dragon=HQ
    Talon=Elite
    Fang=Troop
    Wing=Fast att
    Scale=Heavy
    I know this is taken from exalted which I play so don't flame me please.

1st Dragon-Demon Prince=Dreadaxe,ccw(axe),frags,coller of khorne,MOK,rage of khorne,feel no pain.
    =Gifts-Demonic speed,demonic armour,demonic aura,demonic stature =197

1st Fang- kill=7 berserkers=MOK,bolt pistol,chainaxes,furious charge,frags
    A champion=tobb,MOK,powerfist,bolt pistol,furious charge,frags,unit icon=215

2nd Fang- Maim=7 berserkers=MOK,bolt pistol,chainaxes,furious charge,frags
    A champion=tobb,MOK,axe of khorne,bolt pistol,furious charge,frags,unit
    icon=215

3rd Fang- Burn=7 berserkers=MOK,bolt pistol,chainaxes,furious charge,frags

4th Fang-Fury-5 Bloodletters-hellblade=130

1st Scale-Nithhogr-Predator-twin lascannon,lascannon sponsons,dozerblade,demonic possion,mutated hull=200

1st Wing-Crimson Wyverns-5 bikes-chainswords,MOK,frags,2 melta guns,furious charge,skilled riders
    A champion-powerfist,MOK,frags,furious charge,skilled rider,unit icon=318

Total 1490- models37
    (TOBB=talisman of burning blood)

On paper this army in my inexperienced opinion looks good-fast and deadly up close,I spent alot on the predator to make it extra tough since it will take alot of fire as my only armour but should be able to take out enemy armour and can't be stunned or shaken so can fire every turn until it dies unless it needs to move alot and the dozer blade will help in most battles because they will be cities of death battles.My bikes can perform multiple tasks as mobile demon summoning,tank hunters and unit killers again exspert riders for terrian purposes.I spent alot again on my berserkers but I will be fighting mostly space/chaos marines by the look of the club/GW battle bunker armies so striking first is important .My demon prince should be both hard to kill and super deadly in close with his dreadaxe he ignores all saves so should be great for HQ killing I might spend my left over points on resilience to make him even tougher and I think imune to instant death .So what do you think?

Last edited by dusk999; July 13th, 2006 at 09:29.
    Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive. And don't ever apologize for anything.
    -(Harry S Truman)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Hi, I have never play WE.
    Is it possible to upgrade CM Khorne bikers with melta guns? I don't know how works Weaponry of the Followers of the Khorne in Book of Khorne - CM codex...
    Last edited by Ota; July 13th, 2006 at 14:01.
    Ota

English?
    ... try Czech language ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Hey there, and welcome to the Chaos WH40K forum!

I think you should double check what OTA said, I have a sneaking suspicion that World Eaters aren't allowed to upgrade ranged weapons to anything more than a plasma pistol etc. I'm not 100% sure.
    But, this shouldn't be a problem if you don't mind NOT running a cult army list.

I think the list is pretty cool though. With regards to the daemon HQ prince Dragon face chap. I quite agree with D. res. It is a good thing.
    I'm not convinced about the daemon armour or Rage of Khorne though. The first is expensive and the second is situational (charge, bad dice rolls).
    With mutation and spiky bits, that's more or less two extra attacks for charge OR defense.
    It'll make him even more expensive, but how about furoious charge on him?

that beast at genestealer initiative would be pretty scary. heh heh.
    Nice list though.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ota
    Is it possible to upgrade CM Khorne bikers with melta guns?
    Short answer: no.

Long asnswer: Khornate bikers are wearing power armor. The mark of Khorne restricts models in power armor to only be able to upgrade their basic gun for a plasma pistol. Since Chaos Bikers don't have this upgrade they may not have any weapon upgrades.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dusk999
    1st Dragon-Demon Prince=Dreadaxe,ccw(axe),frags,coller of khorne,MOK,rage of khorne,feel no pain.
    =Gifts-Demonic speed,demonic armour,demonic aura,demonic stature =197

Might want to double check your calculations here, I get 188.

icon=215

And 188. I don't know if I am missing something here or what. The only thing I can think of is that you are charging yourself 15 points for the furious charge on the Aspiring Champ. Even then it isn't adding up. The unit Icon is free as well unless you are making them personal icons, which I don't think is the case.

I'm rambling, anyways check the calcs. It could free up a lot of points.

1st Scale-Nithhogr-Predator-twin lascannon,lascannon sponsons,dozerblade,demonic possion,mutated hull=200

1st Wing-Crimson Wyverns-5 bikes-chainswords,MOK,frags,2 melta guns,furious charge,skilled riders
    A champion-powerfist,MOK,frags,furious charge,skilled rider,unit icon=318

If they have a Mark they can only choose one Veteran Skill, so gotta choose Skilled or Furious.

Total 1490- models37
    I would first retally your points as you should free up a good 76 points right there. After that I would try out the army, it looks pretty good and I definitely like the reasoning behind the beefed up Lascannon platform (You may want to double check that dozerblade. It might not be worth it.)

About the only thing I would suggest if you are having difficulties is that you are only fielding 37 models. That makes this army pretty elite which means it can come into very tough trouble with shooty armies (Tau, IG, pray you don't play Eldar, regular or Dark). If you could get the army up to about 45 (Furious Charge?) it would help remedy this situation. Especially when you are fielding mostly a footslogging company.

If you mail me at tstreesapx@hotmail.com I can walk you through the points cost on the squads if you need it.
    Last edited by TreeSapX; July 13th, 2006 at 15:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANKS for all the feedback so far.The biker upgrade I saw on loads of lists for world eaters on this site and no one mentioned it on them.Second the biker upgrade affects the bikes weopon not the berserker himself as opposed to the space marine who carries it they need one hand to ride and have chainswords in the other.
    = http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...056&orignav=10

but the chaos one is on the bike and is not an upgrade for the pistol or ccw but replaces the twin bolters on the bike.
    =
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...059&orignav=10

So your upgrading the bike which does'ent have the MOK or the restriction as far as I'm aware if the chaos biker held the melter gun like the space marine it would be restricted.As for the 2 veteran skills on my bikes the codex states and I quote(hope I'm not breaking the rules as I didn't see this in there)'A biker unit may be given a Mark of Chaos and may have one or more veteran skills' and I didn't see any mark restrictions on vet skills.I'm not getting at any one I'm here to make friends not anger ppl as I said I have had the book 3 days and just read right through it today so I'm really new to the new rules even though I starting playing when I was young.So please more feedback and comments would be very welcome and I'm pleased some people like my list I know its small and elite but its sort of the theme of my army a veteran warband slaughtering there way across the stars in my army only the best survive .If any one wonders why a predator it's sort of like a faithful warhound its master is my demon prince and its comes with him into battle with its unquenchable thirst for blood (it's name is a norse dragon who eats the dead and gnaws at the world tree) and its deadly bite (the lascannons) it's remains his favourite pet.Any way thanks all :yes:
    Last edited by dusk999; July 14th, 2006 at 01:01.
    Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive. And don't ever apologize for anything.
    -(Harry S Truman)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So your upgrading the bike which does'ent have the MOK or the restriction as far as I'm aware if the chaos biker held the melter gun like the space marine it would be restricted.As for the 2 veteran skills on my bikes the codex states and I quote(hope I'm not breaking the rules as I didn't see this in there)'A biker unit may be given a Mark of Chaos and may have one or more veteran skills' and I didn't see any mark restrictions on vet skills.I'm not getting at any one I'm here to make friends not anger ppl as I said I have had the book 3 days and just read right through it today so I'm really new to the new rules even though I starting playing when I was young.So please more feedback and comments would be very welcome and I'm pleased some people like my list I know its small and elite but its sort of the theme of my army a veteran warband slaughtering there way across the stars in my army only the best survive .If any one wonders why a predator it's sort of like a faithful warhound its master is my demon prince and its comes with him into battle with its unquenchable thirst for blood (it's name is a norse dragon who eats the dead and gnaws at the world tree) and its deadly bite (the lascannons) it's remains his favourite pet.Any way thanks all :yes:
    No problems mate. As I always say it's better to find out here than after you enter a tourney.

So your statement on "One or more":

First of all you will notice that most CSM stuff has that option. They are referring to page 12 top left under " Veteran Skills." A unit that has no marks may take as many vet skills as they desire. A unit with a mark may only take up to one.

Statement on bikers:

The wording under the weapons upgrades for bikers specifically states that the bikers themselves upgrade their weaponry. Besides, even if you try to pull something like that off you may A) Not pass it under a judge's nose and Not start things off right in regards to making friends. Most people just want to play a relaxed game and stretching the rules like this can leave a bad taste in their mouth for wanting to play with you again.

It is a pretty impressive list for owning the book for three days, that's for sure. If you keep passing your lists by LO you will fast learn how to keep track of the rules. The Chaos Codex supplies some pretty complex stuff and we can help you out pretty easily here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my new list-

Dragon=HQ
    Talon=Elite
    Fang=Troop
    Wing=Fast att
    Scale=Heavy
    I know this is taken from exalted which I play so don't flame me please.

1st Dragon-Demon Prince=Dreadaxe,ccw(axe),frags,coller of khorne,MOK,furious charge,feel no pain.
    =Demonic Gifts-speed, armour, aura, stature,resilience =202

A champion=tobb,MOK,powerfist,bolt pistol,furious charge,frags,unit icon=211

icon=215

A champion=tobb,MOK,powerfist,bolt pistol,furious charge,frags,unit icon=211

1st Wing-Crimson Wyverns-6 bikes-chainswords,MOK,frags,furious charge,
    A champion-powerfist,MOK,frags,furious charge,,unit icon,ccw(sword), demonic strength=334

Total 1499- models38

Not many changes my lord now has furious charge for the speed boost on charge and my bikes don't have melta guns or skilled riders.I gave my bike champion an extra ccw even though he can't use 2 weopons on the bike but he has the option to strike fast like his unit or have STR10 against armour I think(str5 doubled by fist).Any way thanks for all the help so far hope you like my new list.Any feedback or comments welcome
    -(Harry S Truman)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Looks cool.
    A coupla minor things.
    The Daemon armour on the Lord. Be carefull with this. Against Necrons you definitely have to take it as those poor chumps have a few problems mustering AP2 weapons.
    But against a plasma toting suicidal lunatic, you're probably better off with Essence or even Mutation to give him even MORE attacks.

Also, with the fisty cuffs, I was recently correected that the formula is (Sx2)+1
    But that's still not be sniffed at. D. Str is a steal for champs.

Happy butchering.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave my bike champion an extra ccw even though he can't use 2 weopons on the bike but he has the option to strike fast like his unit or have STR10 against armour I think(str5 doubled by fist).Any way thanks for all the help so far hope you like my new list.Any feedback or comments welcome
    Bikers have to use one hand on the bike, I don't think you can purchase two weapons and choose which one to use. Ya gotta pick between the fist or the ccw, can't have both.

And remember that all doubling of stats is done before modifications. This means that a power fist with D. Strength makes a Str 9 attack.
    "L'adace, l'adace, toujours ladace"
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Don't give the enemy a moment to consider how badly they are being beaten.
    Never build defenses; let the enemy die in theirs.

"Audacity, audacity, always audacity"
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast