Alpha Legion 500 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Legion 500 pts

Hey all.

I decided to do away with my Emperor's Children and go with Alpha Legion instead (luckily for me, I didn't paint any models yet ^_^ ).

Hope the list below doesn't look too wonky (I'm still new at this )

Edit:

HQ
    Chaos Lt. (Total: 76)
    MoCU
    Teleport Homer
    Infiltrate
    Power Weapon
    Bolt Pistol

Elites
    1 Obliterator

Troops
    Assault Squad (Total: 178
    8 Chaos Marines CCWs and pistols
    MoCU
    Infiltrate
    2 Meltaguns
    Champion w/ P. Fist (15) or P. Weapon + Strength,

Shooty Squad (Total: 176)
    8 Chaos Marines Bolters
    MoCU
    Infiltrate
    1 Plasma gun
    1 Missile Launcher
    Champion (13) w/ P. Fist (15) or P. Weapon + Strength

Grand Total: 500
    Total Models: 18

Last edited by Kryptik; July 26th, 2006 at 21:10.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Welcome again to the Alpha legion kryptik. Here are my thoughts on your list!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptik
    Hey all.

I decided to do away with my Emperor's Children and go with Alpha Legion instead (luckily for me, I didn't paint any models yet ^_^ ).

Hope the list below doesn't look too wonky (I'm still new at this )

HQ
    Chaos Lt. (Total: 96)
    MoCU
    D. Strength
    D. Speed
    Infiltrate
    Power Weapon
    Bolt Pistol
    At 500 points, this stripped-down lord could use some more stripping down. You're putting near 20% of your force in one model. I would remove D.Strength and D.Speed.
    He's not powerful enough to take on whole squads and expect to survive until reinforcements come in.

Troops
    Assault Squad (Total: 210)
    10 Chaos Marines CCWs and pistols
    MoCU
    Infiltrate
    2 Meltaguns
    Champion w/ P. Fist/P. Wep + Strength, D Visage
    These guys can come down to 8-man squads, more guys makes it a bit difficult to infiltrate them effectively.
    Champion with powerfist and BP. simple and effective.

Shooty Squad (Total: 194)
    9 Chaos Marines Bolters
    MoCU
    Infiltrate
    1 Plasma gun
    1 Missile Launcher
    Champion w/ P Fist/ P. Wep + Strength, Visage
    I would also drop these guys down to 8 man, Most people will tell you that mixing weapon types(plasma gun and Missile launcher) in the squad is a no-no. And in most cases, I agree. But the primary function of this squad is going to be to infiltrate to medium range and be fire-support.

Now, with those points you freed up, you will be able to pick up an obliterator.
    They are invaluable tactical and firepower support.

Grand Total: 500
    Total Models: 20

The list is pretty heavily anti-MEQ, but only because I'm a little paranoid of them :lol: Meltas
    could probably be switched out to flamers depending on the enemy I'm facing. No Lascannon because I can't fit it in; I'm trusting my Assaulty squad and M. Launcher to take out tanks if need be.

Also, no cultists. I couldn't find the points to fit them in, in large enough numbers so that they wouldn't all be shot to death before getting into CC.

I'll get another list up soon, tailored for anti-horde.
    Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your advice, Yak. List has now been updated.

BTW, what do you mean by mixing weapon types (Plasma and M. Launcher)?

Lt. no longer has speed or strength, but now has a telehomer so that the olbiterator can come in next to the shooty squad, instead of footslogging. One question though: how exactly does the telehomer work? Does my Obliterator need to come out next to my Lt.?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

No problemo.
    So, by mixing weapon types, I mean that the plasma gun is a "rapid fire" weapon, while the melta gun is a "assault" weapon, and M.Launcher is a "heavy weapon" affect their shooting and range characteristics and whether you can assault after shooting.
    An example of mixing weapon types, like having a pair of meltaguns in a squad with bolters in it, meltaguns are assault weapons, while bolters are rapid fire. If you were to shoot with the squad, they cannot assault, a better loadout would be to put a pair of plasma guns with a boltered squad so they ALL rapd fire and you don't "worry" about not being able to assault vs shoot and such.

So in the case above, you have a rapid fire weapon(plasma gun) with a heavy weapon in the squad, the disadvantage is that you won't be able to move to use your heavy weapon, and the rapid fire ability is useful on the move. If you intend to sit and shoot at targets, then its not really a problem since you don't intend to try to assault with them anyhow.

Ok. so the condensed version of how a teleport homer works is so: Model X has teleport homer, when deep striking in, as long as the template for deep striking in(ordenance) is within 5 inches of the teleport homer then you do not have to roll for scatter. This is most handy if you can spare the points to put the homer in many different squads so you get to chose where the oblits go when they come in. I wouldn't worry about that until later(higher points)
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak
    No problemo.
    So, by mixing weapon types, I mean that the plasma gun is a "rapid fire" weapon, while the melta gun is a "assault" weapon, and M.Launcher is a "heavy weapon" affect their shooting and range characteristics and whether you can assault after shooting.
    An example of mixing weapon types, like having a pair of meltaguns in a squad with bolters in it, meltaguns are assault weapons, while bolters are rapid fire. If you were to shoot with the squad, they cannot assault, a better loadout would be to put a pair of plasma guns with a boltered squad so they ALL rapd fire and you don't "worry" about not being able to assault vs shoot and such.

So in the case above, you have a rapid fire weapon(plasma gun) with a heavy weapon in the squad, the disadvantage is that you won't be able to move to use your heavy weapon, and the rapid fire ability is useful on the move. If you intend to sit and shoot at targets, then its not really a problem since you don't intend to try to assault with them anyhow.
    I see. I will take this into consideration, maybe tweak the list a little more. Once again, thank you for the tip.

+ Reply to Thread