2nd Revised- 1500pts Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd Revised- 1500pts Iron Warriors

hey, well since the last list ive decided that this army is very weak to fast moving units/infiltrators or DSers. So i added a few counter attack units (2)

HQ
    Demon Prince; Dark Blade, Daemonic resilience, daemonic essence, daemonic strength, daemonic stature, daemonic speed, daemonic visage, additional CCW. -161

Elities
    2 Obliterators. -140
    2 obliterator. -140
    6 Possessed w/ talons. -162

Troops
    8 CSM: Omega, 1 lascannon, 1 plasma gun. -137
    8 CSM: Delta, 1 heavy bolter, 1 plasma gun. -127

Heavy Support
    Predator- Autocannon, Heavy bolter sponsons. -110
    Predator- TL lascannon, lascannon sponsons. -145
    Basilisk- indirect fire 25. -125
    Land Raider- TL lascannon sponsons, TL heavy bolter. -250

Total:1497

note-i think in some areas of shooting i have gone backwards, i've been meaning to cut the Land Raider out but i need some suggestions on what to use the points for. i cut the termies because to me they were merely counter-attackers but i find the Demon prince upgrade more effective and less costly, in a combination with the possessed this counter has stoped alot of damage to my range units.

Last edited by -={0[ GEO ]0}=-; July 27th, 2006 at 14:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like your list its solid. i Think that you shouldn't change any thing i like it the way it is:w00t:
    Those who live be the pen die by those who live by the sword. Those who live by the sword die by those who live by the gun. Which one do you live by.

THE USA CLAN

Space Wolves
    WINS:0
    LOSSES:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by -={0[ GEO ]0}=-
    HQ
    Demon Prince; Dark Blade, Daemonic resilience, daemonic essence, daemonic strength, daemonic stature, daemonic speed, daemonic visage, additional CCW. -161
    I've always disliked a statured prince as a counter charge unit, as your opponent can target him out kill your CC threat and take out your shooters in CC. I would drop stature and drop D str as well. Also you need to swap D essance for D aura. The invuln save is almost manditory. He will still be very powerful in CC but won't be vulnerable to shooting, plus will cost a little less allowing you to bulk up other areas.

Elities
    2 Obliterators. -140
    2 obliterator. -140
    I love them, you love them, everyone loves Oblits!
    Don't underestimate the ability of oblits to deal with CC troop either. A round of rapid fire plasma followed by some str 10 powerfists can deal with a lot of opponents. Just watch out for return powerfists.

I have never personaly been a big fan of possessed, although this is the config you want for them. 6 wounds dosn't seem like a lot of durability in a counter attack unit. I would drop them.

Troops
    This is where I think you need to both bulk up. Also these squads can be used as your counter attack units and as shooters. Put MkU on these guys as I find it well worth the measly cost, and toss in an AC with a powerfist. Shoot until they get to you, then pound them into the dust. I might sugest dropping the plas in the squads and giving them both las cannons.

Heavy Support
    I would suggest both preds be put into autocannon, las cannon side sponson, and demonic possesion config. I find that to be the most useful and cost effective by far.

The land raider really does not fit in this list. To really be worth it's points (and arguably not even then) it needs to be used as both a tank and a transport. I would suggest dropping it entirely. To replace it is hard, but only because there are so many good options.

1) A tank hunting autocannon havoc squad.
    2) A 4 heavy bolter havoc squad for less points if you think you have tanks handled, but need more anti troop.
    3) More CSM squads with las cannon + powerfists
    4) A Vindicator for that huge gun
    5) more oblits
    6) A 3rd pred

The list goes on and on and I think they will all be better in your list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hey here are my thoughts on your list, geo.
    hey, well since the last list ive decided that this army is very weak to fast moving units/infiltrators or DSers. So i added a few counter attack units (2)

HQ
    If you're going to have a big mean conter attack statured DP, then do the following: give him a dreadaxe. Is this guy marked? I would drop daemonic resilience since he already has a high T. He also is in sore need of an invulnerable save or he will look down the barrel of a rail gun/demolisher cannon and just evaporate without even a roll.
    Elities
    2 Obliterators. -140
    2 obliterator. -140
    Great
    Ugh, if you are going to have a close combat unit they need to be at least 8 strong.
    Anything less than that just can't take casualties worth a dern.
    Right now, this is an utter waste of points.
    For the same points you could even get another pair of obliterators.
    Even better, an 8-man strong squad of CSMs with an AC with a powerfist.
    Troops
    2 squads of 8 in a 1500 point game will not cut it. get a third. They need aspiring champions with powerfists to protect them from being free victory points.
    Heavy Support
    4 heavies are absolutely not needed under 2000 points(if that).
    Drop the land raider like a bad habit(because it is) And pick up another pair of CSM squads
    Drop the predators and pick up an 8-man havoc squad with 4x autocannons, tank hunters and infiltrate. You're having trouble with skimmers? you will not with these guys.

Total:1497

note-i think in some areas of shooting i have gone backwards, i've been meaning to cut the Land Raider out but i need some suggestions on what to use the points for. i cut the termies because to me they were merely counter-attackers but i find the Demon prince upgrade more effective and less costly, in a combination with the possessed this counter has stoped alot of damage to my range units.
    Last edited by theyak; July 27th, 2006 at 19:42.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys, i will swap the possessed for 2 obliterators :shifty:.

I still need more suggestions on what to swap the land raider for as the options xrix1 suggested, as i dont really like them, although im thinking of getting another CSM squad w/ AC and p. fist aswell as getting the other units the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i had to chose i would go with another predator or vin. or you can add a squad of havocs with x4 las or x4 autocannon
    Those who live be the pen die by those who live by the sword. Those who live by the sword die by those who live by the gun. Which one do you live by.

THE USA CLAN

Space Wolves
    WINS:0
    LOSSES:0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Well, more marines are always a good idea. You could always add 2 small squads(6-man) with a pair of plasma guns as speed bump throw away squads, or even 3 for the cost of a land raider, I would only put 2 because having too many expendable assets in your army makes your army, well, expendable.

If you really don't want to consider those suggestions given above, Tank hunting, infiltrating havocs with 4x autocannons or missile launches would be my first choice, by the way then you could always add more obliterators to bring your total to 9, its a bit much at 1500 points though. You could always get a defiler too.

What do you feel fits with the list? more ground pounders, more tanks? how do you envision the list to function?
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

In your first list i posted didn't see this one until i posted. Keep the oblits. Keep the daemon prince and get the defiler. I like your first list more.

P.S. This is in the first list you made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

+ Reply to Thread