(2000) tzeentch no daemon --fun-- - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(2000) tzeentch no daemon --fun--

Tzeentch army-2002

HQ
    Chaos terminator lord-195
    MoZ
    Terminator armor
    Combi-melta
    Power sword
    Inferno bolts
    D. resilience
    D. str
    Retinue
    1 chosen terminator champion
    Bolt of change
    5 chosen terminators
    1 reaper autocannon
    1 heavy flamer
    1 combi-melta
    1 chain fist
    Lightning claw
    5 marks

Lord of change-160

TROOPS
    8 thousand sons
    1 aspiring champion
    infernal bolts
    bolt of change
    power weapon
    9 marks of tzeentch
    6 thousand sons
    1 aspiring champion
    infernal bolts
    bolt of change
    power weapon
    7 marks of tzeentch

8 thousand sons
    1 aspiring champion
    infernal bolts
    bolt of change
    power weapon
    9 marks of tzeentch
    Chaos rhino
    Havoc launcher

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Predator-130
    Lascannon
    Heavy bolters

Chaos dreadnought-130
    Plasma cannon
    Flames

Defiler-160
    Havoc launcher

ok this my first i play from time to time at GW at my local mall plz leave feedback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Hello Mr erotic despair

An interesting list, it's very conventional and intersting.

My main suggestion with it would be with regards to inferno bolts. Bascially, all your chaps with interno bolts also have bolt of change. So instead of inferno bolts, I'd recomend thrall wizards so you can keep 'em churning those lovely bolts of goodness out.

secondly, i know you want no daemons - the title of the thread, but the Lord of Change is a very big daemon. Which champion is he due to come out of?
    I would recommend that that champion has nothing more than daemon chains, and if absolutely necessary a power weapon.

Also, consider doom bolt too.

Sorry, i'm not the most experienced sons player here, but just some feedback to get you started.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't like it.

I really dislike that list, but it is somewhat similiar to my bear bones minimum 1786 point list.

HQ 2
    160 Lord of Change (Gifts of Chaos)
    107 Chaos Sorceror General (Bolt of change, 4 Thralls, Bolt Pistol, CCW)

Elites 1
    396 8+AC Thousand Son Terminators, AC (Chain first, CCW)

Troops 3
    314 8+AC Thousand Son marines, Rhino (Smoke/Extra armor), AC (Winds of change+thrall+powerfist)
    274 8+AC Thousand Son marines, Rhino (Smoke/Extra armor), AC (is a greater demon S6)
    216 9 Thousand Son marines

Heavy 2
    160 PredatorX2 (Twin Las, Sponsons Heavy Bolters, Mutated Hull)

Keep the Sorceror General, with the Terminators, with the unRhino'ed Thousand Son Squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"secondly, i know you want no daemons - the title of the thread, but the Lord of Change is a very big daemon. Which champion is he due to come out of?
    I would recommend that that champion has nothing more than daemon chains, and if absolutely necessary a power weapon."

The aquad that has the rhino and D. chains has it. basic paln get them to the lines to reak havoc :shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i moded it with the advice that u gave me so here is the new 1 but i got around 77 extra points left so im kinda stumped.

Tzeentch army-1923

HQ
    MoZ
    Terminator armor
    Combi-melta
    Power sword
    Inferno bolts
    D. resilience
    D. str
    Retinue- 364
    Bolt of change
    5 chosen terminators
    1 reaper Autocannon
    1 heavy flamer
    1 Combi-melta
    1 chain fist
    Lightning claw
    6 marks

Lord of change-160

Troops
    8 thousand sons-276
    1 aspiring champion
    2 thrall wizards
    bolt of change
    power weapon
    9 marks of Tzeentch

6 thousand sons-241
    1 aspiring champion
    2 thrall wizards
    bolt of change
    power weapon
    7 marks of Tzeentch
    8 thousand sons-267
    1 aspiring champion
    D. Chains
    power weapon
    9 marks of Tzeentch
    Chaos rhino
    Havoc launcher

Heavy support
    Predator-130
    Lascannon
    Heavy bolters

Chaos dreadnought-130
    Plasma cannon
    Flames

Defiler-160
    Havoc launcher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks better, but i'm kind of confused why you are so addicted to the Terminator Retinue. It seems like a big waste of points to me. Do you have them painted or something already?

Your Squad - 364 points (6 figures 6 wounds, 1 BOC/1 Autocannon/1 Flamer/1 Chainfirst/3 LC's)
    My Squad - 396 8+AC (9 figures 17 wounds, AC (Chain first, CCW), everyone else I4 Power weapons/TL Combi-bolter, moves as if in cover)

Also why have infernal bolts if you have a bolt of change on the same figure? Aren't you pretty much going to be firing the bolt of change anyway?
    Last edited by Narse; August 3rd, 2006 at 21:51.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

OK, I like the daemons of Tzeeentch (not Horrors but the others..the real daemons) but I sometimes go into battle without them. It's a nice and comfy feeling to have all 2W marines or Termies.

HQ
    MoZ
    Terminator armor
    Combi-melta
    Power sword
    Inferno bolts
    D. resilience
    D. str
    First, this guy has no Spell? Odd. He has a fantastic BS and should be equipped with either Doombolt or Bolt of Change.
    Next, Strength+PowerWeapon costs as much as DarkBlade but is not as good. I would change.
    I would like him like this:

Lord MoT
    Terminator armour
    DarkBlade
    CCW
    Doombolt
    D.resilience
    Spiky Bitz

The cost would be about the same, but he would pack another couple of punches.

Retinue

Bolt of change
    5 chosen terminators
    1 reaper Autocannon
    1 heavy flamer
    1 Combi-melta
    1 chain fist
    Lightning claw
    I would advoce against Chosen Terminators as they are quite fragile, but then again if you want them special/heavy weapons you aint got much choice...or do you?
    I agree with Narse the Rubrics are more reliable. No need to fear the Assaultcannons I tell you. Plasma, I say Hah!
    I'm not completely against Chosen Termies though, as they get the Landraider as a dedicated transport and can dish out some serious firepower if given say...Doombolt, they can be awsome in CC if they have Gift of Chaos and man can they bust tanks if they have some Champs with Bolt of Change amongst them.
    Yours has neither.
    I see a great diversity of weapons and it appears they are all put on different individuals. One thing to do is to put the CC-upgrades (chainfist/Lightningclaw) on some guy that already carries say a Reaper or the Heavy Flamer(? it's like wind of Chaos...but bad?)

Focus, friend, focus.
    Have some "redshirt" Chosen Terminators (yeah, how about that for a paradox?) with only Combibolter and PowerWeapon that you can use as early losses. This saves you some points when the fire is coming your way.
    Then make sure your guys are focused, put the reaper and the LightningClaw on one guy and the Combimelta and the Chainfist on another. This will let you save the weapons you'll need most in different battles.
    Facing plenty tanks?
    Save the anti-tank guy.
    Facing a horde?
    Save the anti-horde guy.

Lord of change-160
    It's to sad he takes a champ when he comes, the champs are the edge that cuts in TS. When I field a LoC I put the DaemonVessel in a small squad in a Rhino and thn I attach a Lt with BoC and Thralls to the unit. This way they are still not worthless when the Champ goes.

8 thousand sons-276
    1 aspiring champion
    2 thrall wizards
    bolt of change
    power weapon
    9 marks of Tzeentch
    You're paying abit to much here, it's but 266 points for this unit.
    It's a good unit though, would be even better with a fist and another couple of Thralls on the Champ.

6 thousand sons-241
    1 aspiring champion
    2 thrall wizards
    bolt of change
    power weapon
    7 marks of Tzeentch
    Good, but again Powerfist is really good as the Rubrics are quite modest when it comes to dishing out damage in CC:rolleyes: and the champ needs every hit to wound.

8 thousand sons-267
    1 aspiring champion
    D. Chains
    power weapon
    9 marks of Tzeentch
    Chaos rhino
    Havoc launcher
    Like I said earlier, I would like to see this squad accompanied by a Lt to maintain some fire-/CC-power even after the champ has gone. And the champ really doesn't need the Power Weapon, those points should be spent elsewhere. Like on Smoke and extra armour on the Rhino. The havoclauncher is not a favourite upgrade of mine. If it was cheaper I'd most certainly use it but it's what, half a Rhino in points? Or two Thralls and a Doombolt?

Predator-130
    Lascannon
    Heavy bolters
    It's a cheap one, but I don't like the Las/HB combo. It's either on eor the other for me, but this has been debated over and over on this board so I'll drop it. All I'll say is that I really like to have my Pred Daemonically possessed. It keeps on shooting and that's always fun.

Chaos dreadnought-130
    Plasma cannon
    Flames
    Nice setup for scaring away Deepstriking terminators I tell you, and the warpflame is a great upgrade on a dread. I really think, however, that you should give this dread an Extra Armour upgrade. It'll make him somewhat reliable. He'll catch a lot of fire and he'll easily be stunned or shaken. The Extra armour will allow him to move and increases the chances of him frenzying. Heh!

Defiler-160
    Havoc launcher
    I love defilers. But I would never use one without Indirect fire. That upgrade alone can make your opponent swet blood. Those pesky Battle suits or the hidden Bassie will go Kaboom!!! and that always warms my heart. If you intend to field him without it I must recommend you buy him Mutated Hull in othercases he'll be taken down by any and everything as soon as he shows his beautiful face on the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so b4 i dropping and buying thing let me get some stuff strait. for the LOC should i just drop him complely and take a leitenant? and for the lord would it be a good idea to drop the combimelta and take a lit claw instead of a ccw cause he cost the same. and for the retuine should i just drop them and make them rubric terms??? and i took your advice on the vehicals.and if i drop the LOC should i drop the rhino to?
    Last edited by erotic despair; August 4th, 2006 at 03:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erotic despair
    ok so b4 i dropping and buying thing let me get some stuff strait. for the LOC should i just drop him complely and take a leitenant?
    Depends on what you want to do... I use mine like a BS 5 lascannon, with Thrall wizards that shoot twice. If you want to make him melee, put him on a disk of Tzeentch or a Bike.

and for the lord would it be a good idea to drop the combimelta and take a lit claw instead of a ccw cause he cost the same.
    Well, if you want terminator armor... terminator armor is slow, if you hide him with the rubic terminator squad then its cool. I would probably give him something to help take out a dread, and a close combat weapon with a Bolt of Change for range weapons.

and for the retuine should i just drop them and make them rubric terms???
    Definately.

and i took your advice on the vehicals.and if i drop the LOC should i drop the rhino to?
    My lists keeps the Lord of Change, you don't have to drop him. I will admit he's kinda a point sync, but I like him for personal reasons.

Rhino are always ok, cause you only move normally the highest number on 2 6 sided dice. 1 turn of moving 12 inches is a huge improvement in consistency. It also helps you get into range faster in a better position. (40k is more about claiming quadrants then it is about eliminating your opponent, especially with a thousand son army) But, if you want to take Rhino's you should probably pick up the AC (Winds of change+thrall+powerfist) combo. Winds of change is a template that any partials are automatically in, with no saving throw. (i think) Throw a Thrall to do it twice the turn you disembark, and a powerfist so you can destroy any dreadnought that happens to charge you.
    Last edited by Narse; August 4th, 2006 at 05:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guys from all the pointers from all of u this what i have come up with i still have 34 points to spend so if im missing something plz point it out.

Tzeentch army-1996

HQ
    MoZ
    Terminator armor
    Spiky bits
    Dark blade
    Doombolt
    D. resilience
    Lightning claw

Chaos lieutenant-105
    Moz
    D. resilience
    Power fist
    Plasma pistol

Elites
    Rubric terminators-280
    1 terminator champion
    Pair of lit claws
    Bolt of change
    3 thralls
    4 terminators
    5 marks

Troops
    8 thousand sons- 271
    1 aspiring champion
    2 thrall wizards
    bolt of change
    power fist
    9 marks of Tzeentch

8 thousand sons- 241
    1 aspiring champion
    2 thrall wizards
    bolt of change
    power sword
    9 marks of Tzeentch
    8 thousand sons- 346
    1 aspiring champion
    Bolt of change
    2 thrall wizards
    power fist
    9 marks of Tzeentch
    Chaos rhino
    Havoc launcher

Heavy support
    Predator-160
    Lascannon
    Heavy bolters
    mutated hull

Chaos dreadnought-135
    Plasma cannon
    Flames
    Extra armor

Defiler-215
    Havoc launcher
    Mutated hull
    Indirect fire
    Last edited by erotic despair; August 4th, 2006 at 06:41.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast