1k pt. Khorne army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k pt. Khorne army

Ive been playing SM for a while and i really like close combat, but SM can only be so good in CC and i think chaos is better, so i made this khorne list,

HQ-Deamon Prince
    Deamon aura
    Deamonic Flight
    Beserker Glaive
    Demonic Stature
    Mark of Khorne
    Feel No Pain

Elite-Possessed Squad
    Mark of Khorne
    Demonic Flight
    frag grenades
    sarge-power wep.

Troops-Khorne Beserkers
    Mark of Khorne
    Infiltrate
    Furious Charge
    Power Wep.

Troops-Khorne Beserkers
    Mark of Khorne
    Infiltrate
    Furious Charge
    Power wep.

I dont really have anything specifically for tank busting, but i feel pretty confident in my deamon prince to do that and it is very unlikely that he will die quickly, i dont have my list with me so this is what i remember so tell me if i went over 1000

My Librarian's familiar just killed a fire warrior and passed two 6+ saves, he has earned the title of The Familiar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Flight and glaive...

Mark of Khorne and infiltrate...

Read your codex man. Make sure it's the latest version. redo your list, and then come back
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berzerker glaive and Daemonic aura? I make that 2 invulnerable save's...
    ''It begs the question; why would the emperor permit something quite so dangerous and untamed to exist? And that would be to take down another Space Marine Legion."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Familiar
    Ive been playing SM for a while and i really like close combat, but SM can only be so good in CC and i think chaos is better, so i made this khorne list,

HQ-Deamon Prince
    Deamon aura
    Deamonic Flight
    Beserker Glaive
    Demonic Stature
    Mark of Khorne
    Feel No Pain

Elite-Possessed Squad
    Mark of Khorne
    Demonic Flight
    frag grenades
    sarge-power wep.

Troops-Khorne Beserkers
    Mark of Khorne
    Infiltrate
    Furious Charge
    Power Wep.

Troops-Khorne Beserkers
    Mark of Khorne
    Infiltrate
    Furious Charge
    Power wep.

I dont really have anything specifically for tank busting, but i feel pretty confident in my deamon prince to do that and it is very unlikely that he will die quickly, i dont have my list with me so this is what i remember so tell me if i went over 1000

Once the above are fixed (also, marked models can only have 1 veteran ability) you have no anti-tank (str 5 + 2d6 isn't that flash) and you will also struggle against high toughness monsters like carnifex's and wraithlords. You really need to consider power fists in your squads to help.

At 1000 pts possessed are a bit too expensive for my tastes. I'd go for another bezerker squad or a predator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol on top of all that stuff khorne can't take infiltrate anyway
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya im new to chaos, and im only borrowing my freinds codex so idk how up to date it is, and i think i meant something else besides demon aura, cant remember what, i guess ill look over the codex again, i guess i could use fists, but ill have to take something away from the prince.
    My Librarian's familiar just killed a fire warrior and passed two 6+ saves, he has earned the title of The Familiar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would drop the possesed and get some anti-tank as well like a predator annihilater with autocannon sponsons
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the glaive script twice and it just says he cant ride a steed, nothing in there about wings, and ok they cant use infiltrate
    Anyways here is a revised list:

HQ-DP
    Glaive
    D. Armor
    MoK
    D. Flight
    D. Stature
    D. Resilience
    Feel No Pain

Troops- 8 Beserks
    Furious
    MoK
    Frag G.
    K. Chainaxes
    Sarge-Fist,

Troops-8 Beserks
    Furious
    MoK
    Frag G.
    K. Chainaxes
    Sarge-Fist,

Troops-8 Beserks
    Furious
    MoK
    Frag G.
    K. ChainAxes
    Sarge-Fist,

Pred.
    Twin-linked LC
    Sponsons-LC
    Mutated Hull
    Parasitic Possession
    Demonic Possession

Total-998
    Question-Since im using world eaters, do i have to have my pred. dedicated to khorne and if so do i have to give it the destroyer ability

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

That's more like it.
    Except.. about the glaive and flight thing..

(If i had a pound for every time we had to explain this heh heh)

I'm afraid you're using an outdated codex, probably the second printing. The third printing clearly excludes any special movement used along with glaives. So, sorry but, it has to go.

But there are better things to do with it!
    Get a talisman of burning blood for all your aspiring champs.

Also, you don't have to get the destroyer ability.

Good luck.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I read the glaive script twice and it just says he cant ride a steed, nothing in there about wings, and ok they cant use infiltrate
    I wish people would read the stickies.

In any case, you don't need it. The great thing about you dropping Flight is that it'll make your Prince legal again! See, Lords are limited to 100 points of Daemonic Gifts, which includes Daemon Weapons and Gifts of the Gods. You have 115. After that, I would consider dropping the Armour for Essence. A lot of the firepower directed at the Lord will be AP2 or lower, so the extra wound will be nice to have.

And give him Frag Grenades! Possibly Meltabombs, as well.

Troops- 8 Beserks
    Furious
    MoK
    Frag G.
    K. Chainaxes
    Sarge-Fist,
    Drop the Frags. They're superflous. I also think the Furious Charge is as well, but to each his own. Give the Champions a Talisman of Burning Blood.

Pred.
    Twin-linked LC
    Sponsons-LC
    Mutated Hull
    Parasitic Possession
    Demonic Possession
    I think you have far too many points tied up in this vehicle. Drop the Parasitic Possession first off, as it's too expensive for what it does. Secondly, I would drop the Mutated Hull.

If you drop some of those upgrades and possibly the Furious Charge, you can afford yourself something nice like a second Predator or a squad of Bloodletters.

Lastly, I think your math is off somewhere. I come up with 1021 total points for your army.

Question-Since im using world eaters, do i have to have my pred. dedicated to khorne and if so do i have to give it the destroyer ability
    No, you do not need to dedicate. If you do however, it must be dedicated to Khorne, which will automatically give it the Destroyer ability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast