1500 points LatD, Future Plans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

1500 points LatD, Future Plans

hi everyone, as you'll remember from my earlier thread I'm now collecting LatD and I've been having fun designing a lot of lists for them. Now then when you start collecting you always need a list to work towards so heres mine. If anyone can give me some suggestions it would be appreciated.

1500 points Lost and the Damned

Allied- Vein’s Elite- Alpha Legion rules

Chaos Lieutenant Vein
    Pair of lightning claws, daemonic strength, daemonic mutation, frag grenades, personal icon, infiltrate

7 Chosen
    4 bolt pistol/close combat weapon, 3 plasma pistols, infiltrate
    Chosen Aspiring Champion
    Power fist, plasma pistol, infiltrate
    Chosen Sorcerer
    Close combat weapon, bolt pistol, wind of chaos, infiltrate

Actual List

Chaos Sorcerer Haven
    Dark blade, bolt pistol, doombolt (maybe gift of chaos?)

6 bloodletters

8 daemonettes

12 mutants
    10 firearms, 1 icon bearer, 2 flamers

12 mutants
    10 firearms, 1 icon bearer, 2 flamers

12 Tzeentchian mutants
    10 firearms, 2 icon bearer, 2 flamers

5 traitors
    1 lascannon, 4 laspistol/close combat weapon

10 traitors
    1 missile launcher, 1 plasma gun, 8 lasguns, 1 icon bearer

Sentinel
    Lascannon

Sentinel
    Lascannon

Defiler
    heavy flamer, Twin-linked heavy bolters

For fluff reasons (read my journal) please don't ask me to drop Vein's Elite. Feel free to alter it (I'm considering meltaguns instead) but a Lt., champion, sorcerer and 7 chosen will always be in my army. Anything else is up for changing. I was considering mass mutation on Haven and making a 30 man mutant squad but then I realised that they already have 2 of the benefits of mutation so mass mutation would do nothing 50% of the time. The defiler isn't indirect as I thought leaving it in the open would distract firepower from the sentinels (my only anti-tank except for some traitors). Also any tips or adivce would be appreciated.

Also a couple of questions concerning LatD:

1. Can IG tanks take only IG upgrades? or chaos ones? or both?
    2. Is there any point to giving mutants only 1 close combat weapon?
    3. Is there any point paying extra to give a BS2 mutant the weakest gun in the game (laspistol)
    4. Can you take Nurglesque mutants without making them plague zombies?

Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point of the laspistol is for anouther attack in close combat, not fore shooting.

IG tanks can take IG upgrades but not chaos and chaos can take their own upgrades but not IG's

If I was you I'd make your Defielir a Leman Russ so it will last longer as a distraction

I reckon your best bet for a power is Wind of Chaos because it can do the most damage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

yeah I think I might use a Leman Russ, its not as though this list needs any more close up damage.

Mutants replace their close combat weapon for a laspistol. No extra attack, its just their for if you want to shoot with a weapon that wont melt yourself.

I did some maths and a squad of 30 mutants rapid firing their firearms into a squad of 10 marines will kill approx. 5 marines and 15 mutants. You lose THREE TIMES as many of your own troops by shooting at them.

That single close combat weapon is starting to look attractive...

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Can't comment much on the list, seeing I'm not particularly knowledgable in LaTD matters. But why the massive amounts of Plasma Pistols in the Chosen squad? Meltas are superior in all respects except one.

But, I can answer your questions....

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink
    1. Can IG tanks take only IG upgrades? or chaos ones? or both?
    Parent Codex only. For instance, Leman Russes only take IG upgrades, but Defilers only take Chaos upgrades.

2. Is there any point to giving mutants only 1 close combat weapon?
    Yes. When you give the Mutant Boss his Powerfist, he'll use the first CCW as a second and gain the +1 attack. Doesn't do much for the regular mutants, though. If you take Firearms, the Mutant Boss will lose his +1 powerfist attack.

3. Is there any point paying extra to give a BS2 mutant the weakest gun in the game (laspistol)
    Given enough shots, even BS 2 becomes deadly. Worth the points? Probably not.

4. Can you take Nurglesque mutants without making them plague zombies?
    Sure. Just give them the Bloated Upgrade. Just remember that the Gifts aren't tied to any particular God, and the ones listed in the Codex are just guidelines. You could give them all mouths that spewed flies whenever they exhale and use that to justify the Visage gift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

I originally thought meltas but then I looked closer at each.

They both wound infantry on a 2+
    They both ignore saves
    Plasma pistols can stand still and shoot twice
    Plasma pistols still allow an extra attack in cc.
    Meltaguns are much more likely to kill tanks.

I looked at this and tossed up between an extra attack in cc or more tank hunting capability. Since they are a cc squad instead of a tank hunting one I decided on plasma pistols.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was wondering how the icon on the allied leader works. If he was in an alpha legion army, he wouldnt be able to summon from it. Is this overridden because hes part of a LaTD army?
    Last edited by M'muth; August 6th, 2006 at 05:58.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

It seems to me like your Mutants are illegal.... in my copy of the EoT codex, they have a minimum squad size of 15, but you have 12 in each squad? Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

hmmm your right, I'll have to edit this list a bit to make them all 15 man. Thanks for pointing that out.

Lost Nemesis are you aware that you have made almost 500 posts since returning to LO just a short time ago. That is freaky. Pretty soon you'll outrun all my posts over a year.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Lost Nemesis are you aware that you have made almost 500 posts since returning to LO just a short time ago. That is freaky. Pretty soon you'll outrun all my posts over a year.
    I am indeed aware. Most of my posts came from one general time of the year, not necessarily over the course of my entire membership.

+ Reply to Thread