1850 black legion with khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 black legion with khorne

I was bored last night and decided to write a new list after not doing so hot in the tournament yesterday im curious what people think should be changed and so on so here it is .....

HQ

Lord Termi, mocu, light claws, strength, essence, resilience 155 pts

Lt. Mok, axe of k, fnp, strength, resilience, bp, frags, f. charge 122 pts

Elites

Termi retinue for lord (4) 2 p. fists, reaper, mocu 178 pts

8 possessed mok, talons, champ, tobb, frags, collar 289 pts - go with Lt.

10 beserkers, champ, p fist, frags, axes, fnp, tobb, collar 252 pts

Troops

2x 6 marines Hb , P gun 198 pts

2x 5 marines Lascannon, p gun 190 pts

10 marines champ, p fist, 2 meltas, rhino 238 pts

Heavy support
    Dready p cannon 115 pts

Dready twl autocannon 110 pts

Chaos Marines - W:91 L:32 D:6
    Imperial Guard- W:22 L:7 D:0
    Space Marines- W:20 L:4 D:2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Here's a few observations for you:

Lord + Retinue: These guys are great in games which allow Deep Strike, but in Alpha level games what will they do?

Lt+Squad: The Lt. can't use his FuriousC as his squad don't have it. I think the collar's probably a waste of points too.

Berzerkers: Collar and FNP probably a waste, as the Champ can't be targetted. Otherwise great.

The HB squads: I think you are very light on anti-tank/high armour/high toughness. I'd make these both Lascannon squads as well as the two you already have.

The Rhino will get smashed to bits very quickly. I think you may be better off using a Havoc squad to help support your assault troops. Maybe a HB Havoc squad?

Both Dreads need Extra Armour.

Overall my concern with your army is that there's not enough firepower to help your assault guys, who are generally slow moving. When your attack guys get into combat they'll be fine. But getting them there intact may not be so easy.

Hope this helps.

Lord Ramon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Hmm.. i'm not sure about furious charge, but definitely, the resilience is wasted with the Ltd because of majority toughness rules.
    I must admit, I think that collar of khorne might be ok, as they're dirt cheap and you never now when someone might want to psycho your behind.

I must admit, i've lost all faith in deepstriking termies and termie retinues, when i saw it down badly and then a pack of assault marines descent upon them, beat the 7 shades out of them and then sweaping advance their lord. Just be carefull with them....

I think your squads aren't so hot. THe only one i'd rate is the 10 man melty fisty squad.

I think you should lose either the possessed or the Bezerkers, get 2-3 oblits and then get a powerfist in every squad. It's clear that you like CC, which is cool, but equip them so they can deal with whatever they find.

I like the army, because it's fluffy and looks fun BUT, i do think it's top heavy, even for 1850 points.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ

Lord Termi, mocu, light claws, strength, essence, resilience 155 pts

Lt. Mok, axe of k, fnp, strength, resilience, bp, frags, f. charge 122 pts

okay for lord loose essence and resilience, essence is a useless overpriced upgrade and resilience is pointless cus he's obviously going into a unit and as it can't be used for instakill purposes aint gonna protect you from the good ol powerfist plus mixed toughness is a pain in the a...hrm, might wanna get rid of strength too cus with lightning claws it's kinda redundent get him d. mutation

Lt lose strenght or furious charge (choose one or the other cus having bothis a waste of points) lose resilience for same reason

Elites

Termi retinue for lord (4) 2 p. fists, reaper, mocu 178 pts

8 possessed mok, talons, champ, tobb, frags, collar 289 pts - go with Lt.

10 beserkers, champ, p fist, frags, axes, fnp, tobb, collar 252 pts
    termies are good try to beef em up with some points ya save if ya take my advice, i'd buy a rhino for the possesed otherwise they're gonna get cut to shreds, lose fnp on the bezerkers cus it aint gonna come into play unless he's the last man standing which is very unlikely to happen

Troops

2x 6 marines Hb , P gun 198 pts

2x 5 marines Lascannon, p gun 190 pts

10 marines champ, p fist, 2 meltas, rhino 238 pts
    they are okay personally i would go cc since that is where your elites and hq are going but it's really up to you

Heavy support
    Dready p cannon 115 pts

Dready twl autocannon 110 pts
    i would recommend beefing these guys out more ya know? or at least scrap the autocannon for a better weapon like the plasma cannon or lascannon ya could lose one of your shooty squads for this perpose it will be worth your while

i think thats about it, might wanna drop one bezerker and get a rhino i assume thats where the Lt is going
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well all of the tips ive been getting are very helpfull and i would take obliterators but i wanted to not take them for once because ive never not used them seriously eversince i started playing and i always would take two havoc squads with TH, 2 las's and one with 2 m launchers but i do see where your all going

(oh yeah and i do love CC its what wins my games)

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Okay Keegan, this is the way I look at it...

Chaos Lord

I agree with Karmoon, your better off removing Resilience, being as all of the wounds you'll be taking will be on T4. But I like the Strength and Lightning Claws, that way you get all the wounds you need.

Terminator Retinue

I'd take another weapon, being as I think Combi-Bolters suck. And add just one more fist and I think this squad will be good.

Lieutenant

Stick this guy with either the possessed or a Berzerker squad. Watch him collect skulls for the skull god. Things that make you go buhhhh!

Possessed

Mmmm...Khornate Daemonettes...well essentially. Good. Havoc wreakers.

Berzerkers

Get rid of Feel No Pain, it wouldn't make much of a difference if he lives that extra turn. He wouldn't be a scoring unit and you've gotta focus on the objective. And remove Collar of Khorne. How often do you play against psykers?

Heavy Bolter CSMs

Okay, but I'd switch to a different weapon...one with more power. Maybe missles?

Lascannon CSMs

Okay, personally I'd take six but your setup is okay.

Rhino CSMs

Give the Possessed the Rhino. They're the centerpiece of your army and you want them to live for as long as you can.

Plasma Cannon Dreadnought

Good.

Auto Cannon Dreadnought

Change this puppy to a TL Lascannon Dreadnought and this should do well.

Bumps and bruises, but they aren't bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to mention i play i lot of eldar and the collar has saved my A$$ from mind war more times then i can count
    ps Kaleigh speak to me when you get home

+ Reply to Thread