[1000] Lost and the Damned - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    [1000] Lost and the Damned

    Here's my next step in the force.. I'm using everything from my 500 point list and putting it in here:

    HQ

    Inquisitor Lord Corvus Aranius
    [1] Arch Heretic (Chaos Lieutenant)
    +Mark of Tzeentch
    +Power Weapon
    +Warp Focus
    +Bolt of Change
    +2x Thrall Wizards (Henchmen)
    =120 points

    [1] Aspiring Champion
    +Mark of Khorne (LatD version)
    +Power Fist
    +Daemonic Mutation
    =62 points

    Elites

    [2] Obliterators (Allied)
    =140 points

    [6] Daemonettes
    =90 points

    Troops

    [14] Traitors
    +Plasma Gun
    +Missile Launcher
    [1] Agitator
    =155 points

    [9] Traitors
    +Plasma Gun
    +Missile Launcher
    +Icon Bearer
    [1] Agitator
    =120 points

    [19] Mutants
    +Flamer (x2)
    +Icon Bearer
    +Bloated (x19)
    [1] Mutant Boss
    +Power Fist
    +Bloated
    =214 points

    Fast Attack

    [1] Traitor Sentinel
    +Multilaser
    =45 points

    [1] Traitor Sentinel
    +Autocannon
    =50 points

    Total Points: 996
    Total Models: 57

    Comments? The fluff behind this list is an Inquisitor's personal force (a radical one) who finally succumbed to Chaos.. hence the higher number of Traitors than Mutants (just a bit). The Mutants, 15-man squad of Traitors, 1x Obliterator, and the Aspiring Champion will not be changed unless my 500 point army list changes. The Inquisitor (Arch Heretic) will not change, either. The rest might, if the reasoning is good enough. :yes:

    Last edited by Lost Nemesis; August 10th, 2006 at 12:06.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS! theyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

    Greetings again nemesis, here's my thoughts on your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    Here's my next step in the force.. I'm using everything from my 500 point list and putting it in here:

    HQ

    Inquisitor Lord Corvus Aranius
    [1] Arch Heretic (Chaos Lieutenant)
    +Mark of Tzeentch
    +Power Weapon
    +Warp Focus
    +Bolt of Change
    +2x Thrall Wizards (Henchmen)
    =120 points
    Would you consider putting a familiar on him(another really twisted henchman)
    Its really worth the points for that other ability.
    Gift of chaos is really nice for when he gets socked in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    [1] Aspiring Champion
    +Mark of Khorne (LatD version)
    +Power Fist
    +Daemonic Mutation
    =62 points
    Is he running around alone? if so, I think the powerfist is a really bad idea.
    I'm not completely familiar with LaTD nomenclature or structure, but I think he would be
    far better served with a powersword and daemonic strength. (does he already have a crappy Initiative?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    Elites

    [2] Obliterators (Allied)
    =140 points
    Absolutely cannot go wrong here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    [6] Daemonettes
    =90 points
    again, daemonettes are very nice. Cheap and effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    Troops

    [14] Traitors
    +Plasma Gun
    +Missile Launcher
    [1] Agitator
    =155 points
    great, enough numbers to keep them alive for a while, though I might consider the lascannon instead.

    The agitator have anything? You might consider giving him a PF or a power weapon for some bite back when assaulted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    [9] Traitors
    +Plasma Gun
    +Missile Launcher
    +Icon Bearer
    [1] Agitator
    =120 points
    Same as above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    [19] Mutants
    +Flamer (x2)
    +Icon Bearer (x2)
    +Bloated (x19)
    [1] Mutant Boss
    +Power Fist
    +Bloated
    =217 points
    I've faced guys like this before, and they can be a real pain in the butt.
    good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    Fast Attack

    [1] Traitor Sentinel
    +Multilaser
    =45 points

    [1] Traitor Sentinel
    +Autocannon
    =50 points
    I would put autocannons on them both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    Total Points: 999
    Total Models: 57

    Comments? The fluff behind this list is an Inquisitor's personal force (a radical one) who finally succumbed to Chaos.. hence the higher number of Traitors than Mutants (just a bit). The Mutants, 15-man squad of Traitors, 1x Obliterator, and the Aspiring Champion will not be changed unless my 500 point army list changes. The Inquisitor (Arch Heretic) will not change, either. The rest might, if the reasoning is good enough. :yes:
    Looks cool, interesting fluff. I think you would be better served with the lascannons for anti tank support instead of a pair of missile launchers.The oblits really make up for some in here but I think they would be worth the points.

    I think this list would have some problems against swarms as well. not enough dakka to really put a dent in mass numbers or big nasties.

    Just my thoughts.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

  4. #3
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by theyak
    Greetings again nemesis, here's my thoughts on your list.
    Hey, theyak, thanks for posting. ^_^

    Would you consider putting a familiar on him(another really twisted henchman)
    Its really worth the points for that other ability.
    Gift of chaos is really nice for when he gets socked in.
    That's how I originally had him, but I'm afraid I'm past my points on gear, aren't I? Unless psychic powers/items (not including Bolt of Change, as that's from the Gifts of Chaos) don't count towards the limit..

    Is he running around alone? if so, I think the powerfist is a really bad idea.
    I'm not completely familiar with LaTD nomenclature or structure, but I think he would be
    far better served with a powersword and daemonic strength. (does he already have a crappy Initiative?)
    Nope, not running alone. They must be attached to a squad of Traitors or Mutants - he'll be running with the Mutants, making them a wall of LD10 death.

    The agitator have anything? You might consider giving him a PF or a power weapon for some bite back when assaulted.
    Nope, unfortunately. It's a few too many points to put something on them (maybe as a later upgrade - if they serve the Chaos Gods well, that is...). I just throw them in because I have this thing where I almost have to have a squad leader upgrade... at least, when it adds +1 LD to my squad, that is.

    Looks cool, interesting fluff. I think you would be better served with the lascannons for anti tank support instead of a pair of missile launchers.The oblits really make up for some in here but I think they would be worth the points.

    I think this list would have some problems against swarms as well. not enough dakka to really put a dent in mass numbers or big nasties.

    Just my thoughts.
    I agree with most of what you've said... however, the problem is pretty simple - I don't have enough points. You didn't suggest dropping anything, only adding things (Power Weapons/Fists, Lascannons, Autocannon, etc.) and unfortunately I don't have the points for those.

    I think, overall, it can handle both MEQ's and hordes relatively well.. I just throw my Mutants at the oncoming hordes, while using Obliterators to go anti-tank or, if needed, to use those Heavy Bolters of their's, too. They are very versatile models, I've noticed. Daemonettes will also be a huge help vs. both hordes and MEQ's, so I'm not too worried here as long as they get into CC in one piece.

    My 1500 and beyond lists will be including the start of the Word Bearers allies. The Inquisitor's chief advisor is a Word Bearer Dark Apostle.. who is responsible for them finally succumbing to Chaos and, inevitably, going insane.

    Thanks for the suggestions!

  5. #4
    KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS! theyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    Hey, theyak, thanks for posting. ^_^
    No problemo, happy to help, did'ja see my most recent news on the meet up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis


    That's how I originally had him, but I'm afraid I'm past my points on gear, aren't I? Unless psychic powers/items (not including Bolt of Change, as that's from the Gifts of Chaos) don't count towards the limit..
    So, check out pg 16 of the CSM codex, up at the top under limits, second to last sentence.
    psychic equipment and abilities do not count against the limits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis


    Nope, not running alone. They must be attached to a squad of Traitors or Mutants - he'll be running with the Mutants, making them a wall of LD10 death.
    He still counts as an independent character, though right? the mutants are not his retinue.
    which still makes it a very un-wise to have him with a powerfist in that case.
    Any player will simply target him any time he can attack(any time he's in base contact) and make sure he's dead.

    Do they work differently for LatD? I see he's an "aspiring champion" which us usally a sargeant, is he bought separately and then attached as a sarge?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis



    Nope, unfortunately. It's a few too many points to put something on them (maybe as a later upgrade - if they serve the Chaos Gods well, that is...). I just throw them in because I have this thing where I almost have to have a squad leader upgrade... at least, when it adds +1 LD to my squad, that is.


    I agree with most of what you've said... however, the problem is pretty simple - I don't have enough points. You didn't suggest dropping anything, only adding things (Power Weapons/Fists, Lascannons, Autocannon, etc.) and unfortunately I don't have the points for those.
    I hear ya, I know the pain.

    Then I would drop one trooper for the power weapon, all kill ONE marine and you've paid for that upgrade, the lost man and then some. Same costs as I-guard for the power weapon, right?

    The lascannon upgrade is just "if you could find the points" RLs are almost as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    I think, overall, it can handle both MEQ's and hordes relatively well.. I just throw my Mutants at the oncoming hordes, while using Obliterators to go anti-tank or, if needed, to use those Heavy Bolters of their's, too. They are very versatile models, I've noticed. Daemonettes will also be a huge help vs. both hordes and MEQ's, so I'm not too worried here as long as they get into CC in one piece.
    Both Oblits and daemonettes are very versatile, daemonettes REALLY kill MEQs, and oblits just are awesome all around, you can change their role to the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    My 1500 and beyond lists will be including the start of the Word Bearers allies. The Inquisitor's chief advisor is a Word Bearer Dark Apostle.. who is responsible for them finally succumbing to Chaos and, inevitably, going insane.

    Thanks for the suggestions!
    any time!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

  6. #5
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by theyak
    No problemo, happy to help, did'ja see my most recent news on the meet up?
    Yup.

    So, check out pg 16 of the CSM codex, up at the top under limits, second to last sentence.
    psychic equipment and abilities do not count against the limits.
    Ahhh, good. Thanks for the reference.


    He still counts as an independent character, though right? the mutants are not his retinue.
    which still makes it a very un-wise to have him with a powerfist in that case.
    Any player will simply target him any time he can attack(any time he's in base contact) and make sure he's dead.

    Do they work differently for LatD? I see he's an "aspiring champion" which us usally a sargeant, is he bought separately and then attached as a sarge?
    He is indeed bought separately (1-3 as an HQ choice) and attached to the squads. No IC status here. Think of him as an AC of just any normal CSM squad, with a slightly different Mark of Khorne, and you've got him down.

    Then I would drop one trooper for the power weapon, all kill ONE marine and you've paid for that upgrade, the lost man and then some. Same costs as I-guard for the power weapon, right?
    Nope, I have to use the CSM armoury .. so pretty much double the IG price for the Power Weapon. I wouldn't be able to drop anyone from the 15-man squad, as it's one of my compulsory Troops choices, and if it is compulsory, it must be max strength

    I'm going to have some really kick-butt conversions for Obliterators... I can't wait to get my hands on the bits (trade in progress) and I'll make sure to have pics here on LO for them.. as soon as I can figure out how to take halfway-decent ones..

    Thanks again. ^_^

  7. #6
    Son of LO LordLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australian. Capital. Territory
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,475
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

    I despise just having 2 Av10 vehicles in army as they get knocked out so quickly. The best protection for a vehicle is to have a lot of them. I'd say bring that 15 man traitor squad down to 10 man and use a sentinel. Or bring it down to 10, drop a sentinel and use a hellhound.

    Just an idea but since traitor squads can infiltrate its usually good to have an icon on them. I know they don;t usually get closer but if you infiltrate them onto objectives you can then drop daemonettes to back them up. I'd say drop MoK on your aspiring champion, or daemonic mutation, or a thrall wizard, or warp focus to allow for this.

    Just my opinions, I'm not to knowledgable on LatD yet.

    And no the aspiring champion isn't an IC.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

    If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

    Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

  8. #7
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by LordLink
    I despise just having 2 Av10 vehicles in army as they get knocked out so quickly. The best protection for a vehicle is to have a lot of them. I'd say bring that 15 man traitor squad down to 10 man and use a sentinel. Or bring it down to 10, drop a sentinel and use a hellhound.
    I can't bring that squad down - it's one of my two compulsory Troop choices, therefore must be at max strength, unfortunately.

    Just an idea but since traitor squads can infiltrate its usually good to have an icon on them. I know they don;t usually get closer but if you infiltrate them onto objectives you can then drop daemonettes to back them up. I'd say drop MoK on your aspiring champion, or daemonic mutation, or a thrall wizard, or warp focus to allow for this.
    I have an Icon on one of the Traitor squads, but not on the larger of the two (as it will probably be taking more enemy fire, just from its size).

    I would like to keep the Arch Heretic (Inquisitor Lord) the exact same as he is - maybe minus Warp Focus, but only if I really need those points, which I won't at this point. I would also like to keep the AC the same, as having 5 attacks standard with a Power Fist has got to put the hurt on somebody.

    Thanks for the suggestions, but it's impossible for me to drop any Traitors right now (and I won't make the other squad have less than 10 men - not enough troops that way!). ^_^

  9. #8
    KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS! theyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    Yup.



    Ahhh, good. Thanks for the reference.




    He is indeed bought separately (1-3 as an HQ choice) and attached to the squads. No IC status here. Think of him as an AC of just any normal CSM squad, with a slightly different Mark of Khorne, and you've got him down.
    Ah cool, I thought it might be something like that. in that case, that rocks!
    two PFs in one squad would be some gooooood smushin. Takes me to my space wolves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    Nope, I have to use the CSM armoury .. so pretty much double the IG price for the Power Weapon. I wouldn't be able to drop anyone from the 15-man squad, as it's one of my compulsory Troops choices, and if it is compulsory, it must be max strength
    ah, yes, I forgot about that, ergh then I think yer stuck unfortunately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

    I'm going to have some really kick-butt conversions for Obliterators... I can't wait to get my hands on the bits (trade in progress) and I'll make sure to have pics here on LO for them.. as soon as I can figure out how to take halfway-decent ones..

    Thanks again. ^_^
    Obliterators are pretty dern awesome. I did some greenstuff conversions for my oblits myself, nothing too outlandish but I think they look dern cool.

    Check em out!
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...iterator3s.jpg
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...iterator2s.jpg
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...iterator1s.jpg
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

  10. #9
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Nice conversions. ^_^ They look really good... did you base them off the Obliterator original models, or are they made up of something else?

    I'm going to be using the new plastic Terminators, a bunch of weapon bits, and massive amounts of GS... it'll be pretty neat looking once I'm through. I'm not going the way of the Obliterator models, though.. I want something ugly, but not that ugly.

  11. #10
    KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS! theyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

    Yep they are using the actual GW obliterator models. I really liked their feel, but they don't really blend the weapons coming out of them at all, so I had to GS the heck out of its arms and torso to get it to look like its being morphed out of its body.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts