1700 pt Night Lords List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

1700 pt Night Lords List

HQ
    Chaos Lord
    Darkblade, D Strength, Aura, Speed, Visage, and Furious Charge and Infiltrate

Troops
    10 Night Lords
    CCW and BP, Flamer, P Pistol AC with P fist and Combi Flamer. Whole Unit has Infiltrate and Furious Charge

Exact same as previous Troops choice.

5 Night Lords
    Bolters, Lascannon, Plasma, Stealth Adept

Fast Attack
    8 Furies

7 Raptors
    CCW and BP, 2 Melta, Infiltrate and Furious Charge, AC with Power Weapon and Melta Bombs

7 Raptors
    CCW and BP, Flamer, Infiltrate, Furious Charge, MoCU and AC with Power Weapon

3 CSM Bikers
    2 Meltas, AC with Combi Melta and Melta Bombs

All Models Have Night Vision

1699 Total points

K, heres is what I think. The 5 man troop squads and bikers are more tank hunting than anything. I diodn't give my bikers infiltrate because if they turbo boost, they could be like 80% of the way across the board in many standard missions, (start 18 inches from tables edge.) The more expensive raptor squad could help hunt tanks against an army with many. Cheaper raptor squad summons furies.

Here are my main concerns:
    1) Are raptor squads too small to do any real damage?
    2) Should I get rid of one of the 10 man troops squad to make my two raptor squads and fury squad eavch have ten in number?
    3) Is my Chaod Lord too crappy/good?
    4) Is there anything in my army that is illegal?
    5) OOh... MoCu and 2 Vet skills is illegal I just realized. What should summon my fury squad then? O_o

In Canada most Tournaments are 1700 pts, so yah, thats why it isn't 2000 or 1500. Please, any input or advice is whole heartedly accepted. This is my first Chaos list so bear with me if I may have someof the fundamental rules misunderstood in my army list ("That guy can't have that because...", etc.) Please, just tell me. Thanks everyone in advance, ^^.

Last edited by Duke111; August 10th, 2006 at 07:34.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke111
    HQ
    Chaos Lord
    Darkblade, D Strength, Aura, Speed, Visage, and Furious Charge and Infiltrate
    Just fine, this guy is pretty nasty, I use one exactly like him.

Troops
    10 Night Lords
    CCW and BP, Flamer, P Pistol AC with P fist and Combi Flamer. Whole Unit has Infiltrate and Furious Charge

5 Night Lords
    Bolters, Lascannon, Plasma, Stealth Adept

Your troops choices are pretty ineffective.
    You can cut the 10 man squads down to 8, give them a pair of meltaguns, drop the combi flamer, and keep it a bolt pistol. drop furious charge and pick up MoCU since they infiltrate chances that they take a lot of initial damage is pretty high. You'll want them to stick around instead of running.

With the smaller squads, make them 6-man with 2x plasma guns.

Fast Attack
    8 Furies
    just fine
    7 Raptors
    CCW and BP, 2 Melta, Infiltrate and Furious Charge, AC with Power Weapon and Melta Bombs
    Also, just fine though since they come with krak grenades, drop the melta bomb. give the AC daemonic strength instead. Here, I would drop Infiltrate for MoCU, the furious charge and their ability to NOT RUN is very important to their hit and run ability. The only way to make them better would be to put one more guy in there for an 8-man squad.
    7 Raptors
    CCW and BP, Flamer, Infiltrate, Furious Charge, MoCU and AC with Power Weapon
    same as above.
    3 CSM Bikers
    2 Meltas, AC with Combi Melta and Melta Bombs
    Ugh, worthless, right now, there are just too few of them and turbo boost won't make them any harder to kill. Either add one or two or drop them alltogether(which I reccomend) You already have infiltrating troops and raptors for speed, another squad of furies would be better here, I think.
    All Models Have Night Vision

1699 Total points

K, heres is what I think. The 5 man troop squads and bikers are more tank hunting than anything. I diodn't give my bikers infiltrate because if they turbo boost, they could be like 80% of the way across the board in many standard missions, (start 18 inches from tables edge.) The more expensive raptor squad could help hunt tanks against an army with many. Cheaper raptor squad summons furies.
    Bikers CANNOT have infiltrate. Right now your raptors are FAR better tank hunters than your bikers, they're just too few to really be worth anything.

Here are my main concerns:
    1) Are raptor squads too small to do any real damage?
    2) Should I get rid of one of the 10 man troops squad to make my two raptor squads and fury squad eavch have ten in number?
    3) Is my Chaod Lord too crappy/good?
    4) Is there anything in my army that is illegal?
    5) OOh... MoCu and 2 Vet skills is illegal I just realized. What should summon my fury squad then? O_o
    1) No, but they should really have a mark instead of infiltrate.
    2)I already gave you my thoughts on that
    3)Your chaos lord is just fine, just do NOT charge him in alone, he should always be backed up by either a squad of raptors, or one of your CSM squads.
    4)Not that I saw.
    5) Remember that the night lords special ability does not count against the vet skills total but you are right there are many squads that should be marked instead of having that second vet skill.
    In Canada most Tournaments are 1700 pts, so yah, thats why it isn't 2000 or 1500. Please, any input or advice is whole heartedly accepted. This is my first Chaos list so bear with me if I may have someof the fundamental rules misunderstood in my army list ("That guy can't have that because...", etc.) Please, just tell me. Thanks everyone in advance, ^^.
    Just my thougts, hope it helps!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread