1500pts Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Iron Warriors

I had a thought of starting iron warriors just toying with army builder and had this list. My first list for iron warriors.

HQ
    Lieutenant (MoCU,Kai Gun, Deamonic Resillence, Power weapon) = 100

Elite

2 Obliterator = 140
    2 Obliterator = 140

Troop

CSM 7 (MoCU, Lascannon, Plasma)
    Aspring Champion (bolt pistol, power weapon) = 167

CSM 6 (MoCU, Lascannon, Plasma)
    Aspring Champion (bolt pistol, power weapon) = 152

Heavy Support

Vindicator (Mutated Hull) = 150
    Predator (TLLC, Lascannon, Mutated Hull) = 175
    Defiler (Indirect Fire) = 175
    Basilisk (Indirect Fire) = 125

Total Point Cost = 1491
    Models = 32

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Powerfists are much better than power weapons. The champions definately should be upgraded to power fists. The lascannons in the squads don't fit with the rest of the squad, I'd probably change it up for another plasma gun, (which incidentally frees up the points to change to a power fist).
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I agree with ShadowcatX on the Powerfists, as tehy are a good investment. The PLasmas are also a very good idea.
    But I must also ask you abou your plan.
    Them four tanks seem very strong, but I think you'll soon find you have to few bodies in your list. I have more in a 1500 game and I play Tousand Sons.
    Tanks are hard hitting especially when your opponent has few fast moving units and packs his units densly together, if he has say, Scoutbikes with melta bombs and spreads his units out, taking advantage of that 2"-apart-and-still-in-coherency-thingie I think you are doomed.
    The possibility to take four HS is a great one, as is the multiple Obliterator unit.
    But why use only two units of Oblits? Split one of them into two and you may shoot at three different units/tanks in the same turn and he'll have more to target with his heavy weaponry.

I'd like to see one of the tanks swapped for some Havocs, the Infiltrating, Autocannongwielding version and give the Lt an Aura instead of Resilience. He'll really need an Invul. save -all ICs do.
    Drop the Defiler as he is but a more expensive and not quite as good Bassie. Use those points for either Havocs or some Infiltrating anti-tank....thinking of it, they could be the same.

Good Luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadowcat and Andusciassus have made some very good point's, especially the mixed weaponry in your squad's and the painfully low model count...

Csm squad's work best with two special's and an AC with powerfist (imho anyway), try and include another squad and up the number's slightly.

Personally I use three Oblit's divided into three squad's and they work very well for me.

Your Lieutenant is nice and cheap (need's an Inv. sv as mentioned though), I'm not quite sure what kind of role he's going to play though, with the small size of your unit's he's not going to have much support.

Finally just because you can take four uber tank's is no reason why you should, as Andusciassus mentioned infiltrating havoc's are a must, it can cause all sort's of problem's for your opponent's set up.

MD
    ''It begs the question; why would the emperor permit something quite so dangerous and untamed to exist? And that would be to take down another Space Marine Legion."

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

HQ
    Lieutenant (MoCU,Kai Gun, Deamonic Resillence, Power weapon) = 100
    Cheap and cheerful, should go in one of the below squads.

Elite

2 Obliterator = 140
    2 Obliterator = 140
    Split into three squads

Troop

CSM 6 (MoCU, Lascannon, Plasma)
    Aspring Champion (bolt pistol, power weapon) = 152
    Drop Champions as if you get inot combat with a non combat unit you have done somthing wrong.
    Swap the lascannons for plasma guns. You dont need the lascannons as you have 4 in the oblits.

Vindicator (Mutated Hull) = 150
    Costs 155
    its nice and works well supported by plasma units or oblits

Predator (TLLC, Lascannon, Mutated Hull) = 175
    Needs to bee in a good postion at deployment, place it last in heavy section.

Defiler (Indirect Fire) = 175
    Only use indirect on large boards

Basilisk (Indirect Fire) = 125
    Drop this to bulk out your troop choices, its not any better than the defiler and it just doesnt seem to perform for me. More plasma units.

Hope that helpped DJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... I am more of a firm believer is utilizing as many choices as possible. I have a tendency to run my Hq's pretty sparse (dae speed/ dae talons). The Oblits can deep strike and IW's can have 3 of em... so i would field 3 (1 each). as for the troops.... 4 min squads with lascannon and 2 8 man with 2 plas guns should do quite nicely. (I have had the lascannon squads back up each other in HtH as necessary)...

Then the Heavy Support. the basi with IFC is a staple in my list (more because its another IW thing... but its a lot cheaper than the Defiler... and in my opinion much better at doing its job) followed by 2 Predators with TWLC and HB sides with dae Possession (thus making it effective versus infantry....) and a Dreadnaught for the 4th choice. (plasma cannon)

It is a list that has (with minor mods to make it 1850) won numerous games (including a rogue tourney....). Overall you wind up with 5 additional FO choices, almost 50 percant more models. And IMHO a lot more tactical flexibility.

(just my couple of pennies worth)

+ Reply to Thread