Unpure Emperor's Children 2000pts Friendly/Fluffy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Unpure Emperor's Children 2000pts Friendly/Fluffy

Here's my first go at an unpure slaanesh list, still need lots of help....

HQ
    Daemon Prince: Mark Of Slaanesh, D-Aura, D-Stature, D-Resilience, D-Mutation, Combat Drugs, D-Speed, D- Venom, Spiky Bits = 180pts
    Notes: Here's a pretty standard d-prince. i prefer stature to having a lord for the increased S, T, WS i think is a perfect tradeoff for being able to be targetted.

Chaos LT: Power weapon, bolt pistol, d-mutation, d-aura, d-strength, spiky bits, frag grenades = 112pts
    Notes: Cheap secondary HQ that fits in with the unmarked/undivided units and can still dish out 6 attacks in cc.
    HQ TOTAL = 292pts

ELITES
    3 x Obliterators = 210pts
    Notes: All round fire support, cant go wrong with obliterators!
    ELITES TOTAL = 210pts

TROOPS
    12 x CSM: Mark Of Slaanesh, 2 meltaguns, 9 bolt pistols and ccw. Asp Champion with power weapon, d-strength, d-mutation, unit icon = 286pts
    Notes: using the MoS for what its best... close combat. i traded the usual power fist for a power weapon and d-strength to not waste the high Initiative of Noise Marines

12 x CSM: Mark Of Slaanesh, 2 meltaguns, 9 bolt pistols and ccw. Asp Champion with power weapon, d-strength, d-mutation, unit icon = 286pts
    Notes: using the MoS for what its best... close combat. i traded the usual power fist for a power weapon and d-strength to not waste the high Initiative of Noise Marines

6 x CSM: MoCu, Lascannon, plasma gun, unit icon = 115pts
    Notes: Fire support for the slaanesh squads

6 x Daemonettes = 90pts
    Notes: Small, effective, and fluffy

6 x Daemonettes = 90pts
    TROOPS = 982pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    8 x CSM Havocs: MoCu, 4 ML, tank hunters, unit icon = 224pts
    Notes: Normal fire support, tank hunters for additional AT punch

8 x CSM Havocs: Mark Of Slaanesh, 4 Blastmasters, unit icon = 232pts
    Notes: Blastmasters instead of autocannons, fluffier, and just as good at killing genestealers and other medium infantry

ARMY TOTAL = 1940pts
    MODEL COUNT = 69

So... what to add, change? How's the fluff portion looking? Its got a good balance of undivided units and slaanesh units, and even though i dont get the free AC upgrade for favoured units, i stuck with 6 and 12 for most of the slaanesh squads for fluff

thx in advance!

Last edited by gen.nehring; August 24th, 2006 at 22:47.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring
    Right. Gen.nehring, let's see what we can see...

HQ
    Daemon Prince: Mark Of Slaanesh, D-Aura, D-Stature, D-Resilience, D-Mutation, Combat Drugs, D-Speed, D- Venom, Spiky Bits = 180pts
    Notes: Here's a pretty standard d-prince. i prefer stature to having a lord for the increased S, T, WS i think is a perfect tradeoff for being able to be targetted.
    ooh er, the venom is interesting. A tad too expensive for my tastes. Any particular reason for the combat drugs over .. say.. a dreadaxe?

Chaos LT: Power weapon, bolt pistol, d-mutation, d-aura, d-strength, spiky bits, frag grenades = 112pts
    Notes: Cheap secondary HQ that fits in with the unmarked/undivided units and can still dish out 6 attacks in cc.
    HQ TOTAL = 292pts
    This guy i like. The only problem - mobility. But, play him as you see fit.

ELITES
    ELITES TOTAL = 210pts
    You can't go wrong with obliterators. How right you are.

TROOPS

Nice. 12 is fluffy. Although with 12 bodies, even for Slaanesh, I'd consider a powerfist to really make a mess of something.

this is my fire support squad. I like it alot.

6 x Daemonettes = 90pts

6 x Daemonettes = 90pts
    TROOPS = 982pts
    No comments. Spot on.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Notes: Blastmasters instead of autocannons, fluffier, and just as good at killing genestealers and other medium infantry
    Aah. Blast masters in their element. Nicely done.

well.. it's a sweet army. I like it a lot. My only suggestion would be to... turn the lieutenant into a Lord with speed and a darkblade.. and then, use a Keeper of Secrets.

I just think it'll push your army up a notch, and it's totally fluffy.

Good luck
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring
    I'm still new to chaos so take this for what it's worth:

HQ
    I don't know about this guy, the only other thing you have in your army to draw heavy weapon's fire is the oblits. But he'll be effective if he gets into combat. And the drugs are a great combo, but you really should consider either the dread axe or at least a great weapon (to get to instant kill Marine HQs). Note that with speed he'll arrive in combat a turn or two before the rest of your army, which is not especially good.

HQ TOTAL = 292pts
    I don't like this guy. He's an independent character and so he can be targetted in close combat, has no movement ability. At the least I'd give him infiltrate and probably drop aura, mutation, and spiky bits. It'll make him less effective, but you want him working with a CC squad anyways to wipe out on the charge.

ELITES
    ELITES TOTAL = 210pts
    These guys are fine.

TROOPS

I've got only one real problem with these, they're fluffy and effective, but again, no movement method. Get them infiltrate at least. If you have to drop the squad to 10 (I know it's not as fluffy, but you're not getting the aspiring champion free anyways and it won't impact your effectiveness).

I'm of the camp that doesn't like to split fire. You probably have enough tank hunting ability without these guy's lascannons, so I'd trade them in for plasma guns and go fry stuff.

6 x Daemonettes = 90pts

6 x Daemonettes = 90pts
    TROOPS = 982pts
    These are good.

HEAVY SUPPORT

As are these.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

much thanks for all the help so far, here's the changes im considering....

Changing the lt.... Lt: D-Speed, D-Aura, D-mutation, Dark BLade, bolt pistol, spiky bits, frags, meltabombs = 132pts

Basically use him to go with the daemon prince in a tag team arrangement.

im staying away from infiltrate as noise marines are expensive already and there's a good chance i won't be able to use infiltrate.

As for venom, its a mere 3 pts over having 2 x ccw and increases effectiveness vs T7 and T8 models by a lot! also if im fighting T6 then i wont have to use the +1 strength on combat drugs to wound on a 4+ Question though: does he get an icon for free since he has a mark or do i have to purchase a personal icon?

Other changes:
    Adding Tank hunters to the slaanesh havoc squad, possibly beefing up their numbers in each squad to 10.

if i add tank hunters, change one of the min/max squads into a roughly 8 man squad with AC and 2 plasma.

Add furious charge to slaanesh AC's only. (5 S6 power weapon attacks, yes please!)
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

The problem with your lieutenant then is that he's well over his daemonic gifts limit.
    Remember, dark blade counts towards that limit so it doesn't give you much options. Take away mutation in favour of spikey bitz, and take away melta bombs - he really shouldn't be tankhunting, it's a waste of his attacks.

You want speed and str on him. With furious charge, then he can get to vehicle popping levels if he has to.

Venom - that's your call. If you like it, then who are we to question it?
    Icon - all ICs must have the personal icon in order to summon daemons.

Havoc meat shields - with tank hunters and a MOS, they cost a heck of a lot. I've found that 4 is optimum - the best ratio of protection and waste.

As for ACs only with furious charge.. i'm not sure if that works.. F'charge might be one of those skills that needs to be on the whole squad to apply.. i dunno..

G'luck.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

dammit, i thought Lt's could have 75 pts of daemonic gifts, my bad... back to the drawing board for him!
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread