RTT 2000, balanced'esque fast ka-boom - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RTT 2000, balanced'esque fast ka-boom

***3rd edit***

This is my draft at the 5man las can squad w/ fury bomb to give cover to the advancing marine squads.

The idea is to have the zerks advanc behind the rhino with an average move of 9.5, the marines in the rhino will provide cover for the zerks and in case it blows(also was thinking of dropping one mutated hull and giving it parasitic infection). the plasma guys get out and lay down cover fire for the zerks.

Lots of anti tank, but i'm worried about fast CC. Should I be?

any opinions/questions/comments welcome!

Troops
    Chaos Space Marines x5, Mark of chaos undivided on squad x5, lascannon x1, Infiltrators x5, Champion 1, melta bombs x1, Champion bolt pistol x1, Champion Close combat weapon x1,basic icon of chaosx1, plasma gun x1
    Total 133

Troops
    Chaos Space Marines x5, Mark of chaos undivided on squad x5, lascannon x1, Infiltrators x5, Champion 1, melta bombs x1, Champion bolt pistol x1, Champion Close combat weapon x1,basic icon of chaosx1, plasma gun x1
    Total 133

Troops quantity
    Chaos Space Marines x9,Rhino x1,Smoke Launchers x1, Champion x1, power fist x1 ,
    mark of undivided x9, plasma gun x2, extra armor x1, mutated hull x1, basic icon
    Total 271

HQ quantity
    Chaos Lord 1,mark of Khorne 10,Dark Blade 1,Spiky Bits 1(with Khorne marines)
    daemonic aura x1, furious charge x1
    total 130

Elite quantity
    Obliterators 2
    total 140

Troop
    Chaos Space Marines x10,Champion bolt pistol x1,Khornate chain axes x9,mark of Khorne x10,furious Charge x10,,power fist, x1, talisman of blood x1
    Total 263

Heavy Support
    Dreadnought x1,autocannon x1,daemonic possesion x1,Smoke Launchers x1
    Total 133

Heavy Support
    Defiler x1
    total 150

Heavy Support
    Predator x1,Las Cannon twin linked x1,Smoke launcher x1,Las Cannon Sides 1
    total 148

fast attack
    furies x8
    Total 120
    Fast attack
    furies x8
    Total 120

Fast Attack
    Chaos space marine bikers 6, meltas x2, champion x1, champion melta x1, skilled riders x6
    Total 259

(I would field 3rd oblit instead of pred but have pred and not the 3rd oblit)
    Grand Total

HVY 431
    Fast 499
    Elite 140
    Troop 800
    HQ 130

Last edited by snarl of disgust; August 26th, 2006 at 01:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Whoa. Try having your units listed like this:

5x Marines w/ mark of undivided and infiltrate, 1 Lascannon, 1 A/C w/ ccw and pistol and meltabombs.

That makes it much more coherent and much easier to read and thus more people are likely to comment on it.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Am I reading it right in that you have mutated hull on a rhino twice to give it +2 armor? That isn't legal, is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume so, read PG. 20 the armor value of each of the vehicles locations is increased by +1 point, up to a maximum of 14.

So, I dunno it doesn't specifically say you can't just that it will cost 20 points each time. If nobody knows i'll call GW when I get off work.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I believe the maximum of 14 is just so that land raiders can't be increased to armor 15, not that you can take it multiple times on other vehicles.

Other than that, one suggestion I would have is to perhaps remove the AC's from the 5 man squads, as they have no special weapons... all they are doing is adding one point of leadership. With MoCU, it doesn't seem too important. With the points earned there, you could give the Defiler indirect fire.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by snarl of disgust
    I assume so, read PG. 20 the armor value of each of the vehicles locations is increased by +1 point, up to a maximum of 14.

So, I dunno it doesn't specifically say you can't just that it will cost 20 points each time. If nobody knows i'll call GW when I get off work.
    No, you can't (ever) take the same upgrade twice. Remember, this game isn't a "I can do anything unless it says I can't" it's a "I can't do anything unless it says I can". And the "up to 14" is to let you know you can't increase the armor of say, a land raider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The champ is for the extra leadership, which will be needed with the squad(this way I get two rolls at 10 instead of 9) with -50% penalty I dont want the whole team relying on my remaining las guy +1 marine rolling a morale 8 to live, that and I wanted melta bombs in case armor gets close, and by the time armor gets close they will be weak anyway so running up the remnants of a 123 pt squad to take out a tank seemed like a good call.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x3)

Troops
    Chaos Space Marines x5, Mark of chaos undivided on squad x5, lascannon x1, Infiltrators x5, Champion 1, melta bombs x1, Champion bolt pistol x1, Champion Close combat weapon x1
    Total 123

Troops
    Chaos Space Marines x5, Mark of chaos undivided on squad x5, lascannon x1, Infiltrators x5, Champion 1, melta bombs x1, Champion bolt pistol x1, Champion Close combat weapon x1
    Total 123
    These squads don't seem to know what they're doing. If you want a lascannon squad, just take the 5 marines and a lascannon, no A/C and no meltabombs.

Troops quantity
    Chaos Space Marines x9,Rhino x1,Smoke Launchers x1, Champion x1, power fist x1 ,melta bombs x1,
    mark of undivided x9, plasma gun x2, extra armor x1, mutated hull x2
    Total 306
    Okay, you can't take mutated hull twice, but that's already been covered, other than that, everything looks okay, except for your obsession with meltabombs, drop 'em you don't need 'em. And consider changing the plasma for melta guns, that way you can shoot and assault.

HQ quantity
    Chaos Lieutnant 1,mark of undivided 1,Dark Blade 1,Spiky Bits 1(with marine unit in super rhino)
    total 80
    He's cheap, but ineffective. Don't be afraid to make him strongh enough to do something.

Elite quantity
    Obliterators 2
    total 140
    Good. Maybe consider a third.

Elite quantity
    Chaos Space Marines x10,Champion bolt pistol x1,Khornate chain axes x9,mark of Khorne x10,furious Charge x10,Melta Bombs 1,power fist, x1, talisman of blood x1
    Total 267
    Again, drop the meltabombs, and remember you have to buy the entire squad (including the A/C) the chain axes if you buy them (but you have an extra point so it's no big deal).

Heavy Support
    Total 133

Heavy Support
    Defiler x1
    total 150

Heavy Support
    total 148
    I'll let others critic this, I'm not so much on the vehicles yet.

fast attack
    furies x9
    Total 135
    Fast attack
    furies x9
    Total 135

Fast Attack
    Chaos space marine bikers 6, meltas x2, champion x1, champion melta x1, skilled riders x6
    Total 259
    Everything here looks okay, except if you're taking the champion, you might as well give him a power fist.

Grand Total

HVY 431
    Fast 529
    Elite 407
    Troop 552
    HQ 80
    Your point spread won't be much cared for, so you won't earn any points there I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

***3rd edit***

Troops
    Total 133

Troops
    Total 133
    Drop the AC and the melta bombs. Based on the likely way you will be placing them you probably won't be close enough to a vehicle to charge it. Also the CC upgrade to the squad isn't worth the points invested as the unit is too small and the champ isn't threatening enough. Also remember that firing a rapid fire weapon (on rapid fire) or a heavy weapon prevents you from charging anyway. Therefore, even if you plan to advance place this squad for some reason you would have to choose to use EITHER the las or the melta. Easy choice IMO.

Troops quantity
    Chaos Space Marines x9,Rhino x1,Smoke Launchers x1, Champion x1, power fist x1 ,
    mark of undivided x9, plasma gun x2, extra armor x1, mutated hull x1, basic icon
    Total 271
    Buff your hidden fist. Especially with such a large squad depending on him you want big results. Give him daemonic mutation and it would offer a big buff.

I was earlier advised to avoid giving rapid fire to an assualty squad. Considering your use of the rhino I assume this unit will get close (in a mobile kind of way). Consider dropping this unit to plague marines with 4 plasma and make it an elite unit or instead switch to meltas and keep it mobile.

HQ quantity
    Chaos Lord 1,mark of Khorne 10,Dark Blade 1,Spiky Bits 1(with Khorne marines)
    daemonic aura x1, furious charge x1
    total 130
    Why furious charge? Str 7 won't hit the magic instant death that a str 6 would not already. With int 5 it seems your furious bonuses don't add a lot for the points. If you want the extra H2H attack from 2 CCW you need to buy a bolt pistol or CCW for 1 point. Consider frag grenades for him and any squad you want with him if you have extra points.

Added question: is the furious so he tags along with the zerks? You sure you want all of that CC in one spot?

Elite quantity
    Obliterators 2
    total 140

Troop
    Chaos Space Marines x10,Champion bolt pistol x1,Khornate chain axes x9,mark of Khorne x10,furious Charge x10,,power fist, x1, talisman of blood x1
    Total 263

Heavy Support
    Total 133
    Great stuff

Heavy Support
    Defiler x1
    total 150
    Indirect? Based on your other thread I thought you should add it.

Heavy Support
    total 148
    Daemonic possession maybe?

fast attack
    furies x8
    Total 120
    Fast attack
    furies x8
    Total 120

Fast Attack
    Total 259
    Good stuff. MOCU on the bikes?

+ Reply to Thread