1000 pt. Black Legion/ Nurgle list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt. Black Legion/ Nurgle list

Hey all. This list was made to fight Tyranids.

Daemon Prince Kjell Plagueswarmer
    MoN, D. Strength, Aura, Mutation, Stature, Speed, Nurgle's Rot, Plague Sword, and Infiltrate
    185 pts.

Elites
    2 Obliterators

Troops
    CSM: 8
    MoN, Infiltrate, 2 MG's, and AC w/ Nurgle's Rot, Plague Sword, and D. Strength
    234 pts.

234 pts.

Heavy Support
    Havocs: 5
    Lascannon, autocannon, 2 ML's, Infiltrate, and AC w/ Powerfist and Combi-bolter
    206 pts.

Total: 999 pts.
    Number of Troops: 24
    Number of Tanks/Walkers/Other: 0

Is the DP alittle too much or is it ok the way it is? Is it also a good idea to take ML's with the Havocs? I haven't really seen any ML's on that unit in some of these armies. Let the criticizing begin!

**EDIT**: Gave the CSM's MG and added D. Strength to the AC's in the CSM units.

Last edited by Sotek; August 27th, 2006 at 23:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would really like to see those plasma guns in your nurgle squads changed to melta. a plasma gun can overheat, and when it overheats your no tougher than a regular marine. and with all the plasmas thats some overheats for sure, plus meltas let you shoot and charge. if you stick with the plague swords which i like, i think you ought ta give me demonic strength so you can wound wraithlord toughness and up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hey there Sotek, here's my thoughts on this list!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek
    Hey all. This list was made to fight Tyranids.

Daemon Prince Kjell Plagueswarmer
    MoN, D. Strength, Aura, Mutation, Stature, Speed, Nurgle's Rot, Plague Sword, and Infiltrate
    185 pts.
    He's very pricy for 1000pts. I think he needs to shed some points. I generally advise that HQs don't exceed 10% of your force total.

Models that are statured CANNOT infiltrate.
    Drop daemonic strength, with the plague sword, you won't need it(since its only going to be really useful against TMCs anyhow) Other than that, for what you want him to do he'll be a bit pricy but ok.

Elites
    2 Obliterators
    Just fine.

Troops
    234 pts.

234 pts.
    Again with the daemonic strength, only useful against the small stuff which you will be wounding easily anyhow, you can save some points here if you want, TMCs will hate these squads.

Heavy Support
    Havocs: 5
    Lascannon, autocannon, 2 ML's, Infiltrate, and AC w/ Powerfist and Combi-bolter
    206 pts.
    I highly reccomend not mixing heavy weapons. Make this squad 4x autocannons, you'll be amazed how well they kill genestealers and smaller stuff.

Total: 999 pts.
    Number of Troops: 24
    Number of Tanks/Walkers/Other: 0

Is the DP alittle too much or is it ok the way it is? Is it also a good idea to take ML's with the Havocs? I haven't really seen any ML's on that unit in some of these armies. Let the criticizing begin!

**EDIT**: Gave the CSM's MG and added D. Strength to the AC's in the CSM units.
    Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I got rid of the Strength on the DP since he already has a high str anyway, but I kept it on the AC's because I feel that they might need it later on. I also gave the Havocs 4 autocannons, but do you think if its a good idea to give them ML's or is it better to just give them lascannon's or autocannon's?

I have 34 pts. left after making some changes. I now need to know how to spend them, and I am able to get rid of the Strength on the AC's if it is good enough. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Ok, I got rid of the Strength on the DP since he already has a high str anyway, but I kept it on the AC's because I feel that they might need it later on. I also gave the Havocs 4 autocannons, but do you think if its a good idea to give them ML's or is it better to just give them lascannon's or autocannon's?

I have 34 pts. left after making some changes. I now need to know how to spend them, and I am able to get rid of the Strength on the AC's if it is good enough. Thanks again!

So, MLs vs ACs they are the same points wise, so its really down to style and what you think you will be facing more often. I like ACs because the volume of fire has yet to really let me down. The MLs are really handy against MEQs(especially against necrons).
    The ACs hit and wound so often that I've done 8 wounds to a marine squad and killed 5 (admittingly due to poor rolling) but it happens. I would put a squad of each in higher points games.

As far as the remaining points, I strongly suggest boosting your havocs to 8-man. As a general rule, you should put equal numbers of heavy weapons to meat shields. This helps them stick around for a lot longer and still be as effective.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Autocannons any day.
    A lot of people rate the AP and extra Str of krak. But, if he knows he's facing marines then there's a good change he'll invest in extended carapaces.
    In this case, the extra fire volume is well worth it. Your squads are usefull against a horde of stealers, a monsterous creature, and if you follow the Yak's advice, with 8 men they can easily kick their way out of a gaunt cc attack too.

Against Nids, AP3 is nice, but AP4 is where the money's at. Autocannons have that, so I strongly recommend a squad in everygame you play. They'll service you better than a monkey called Tim who has been trained from birth to serve you and get's electrocuted when he fails.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread