1k world eaters first list plz help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k world eaters first list plz help

Hi all this is my first attempted to a w.e list so plz be gentle i am thinking of collecting it and adding like deamons another pread and more bezerkers to make it up to like 2k pts so here it is...........

HQ

Deamon prince 175pts
    stature , MOK
    d.armour . Glaive
    d.strength
    d.resilience
    feel no pain

Troops

Beserker squad 185pts
    8 marines with mok and chain axes
    (FREE) A.C w/ powerfist, talisman of burning blood
    D.strength

Beserker squad
    8 marines with mok and chain axes 185pts
    (FREE) A.C w/ powerfist, talisman of burning blood
    D.strength

Fast Attack

Bike squad 258pts
    4 bikers with MOK,chain axes, frag G, Furious charge
    1 AC w/ powerfist,d strength,feel no pain,frag G,MOK,
    Furious charge

Heavy support

Preadator 185pts
    T.L lascannon
    sponsor lascannon
    Parasite possession
    Deamonic possession

Total pts= 988pts

So there ya go guys i was wondering if its balanced and wopuld it be gd 2 go against any opponent or not...................
    thanks in advance for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your DP looks good, but he needs to be faster. Either speed or flight, depending on which you prefer, I normally go with speed. Just dont expect him to live the entire game.

Your berzerker squads look fine too, but D. str on the champs is not that good. I wont come into play very often, unless you go wraithlord or tank hunting with squads. Mutation will be better for you 95% of the time.

Your bike squad right now will be unsupported. Everything else in your army moves 6" a turn. They are a bit expensive as well. I would hold off on putting them in an army until you have another fast unit to support them, or a unit or 2 of bloodletters for them to summon.

This is personal preference here, but i never put more than one upgrade on my vehicles. More than that, and they get too expensive. YMMV

For a first list, it looks good, but there is always room for improvement.
    Another squad will almost always benefit you more than a few upgrades to all squads. Remember: Troops before Toys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, u cant have speed or flight with the beserker glaive thou, yer the bike squad well im not sure wot to add if i take them away mabie another squad of beserkers or a pred not sure...

my main opponents will be SM, TAU, IG and possiblie space wolves so any advice
    thanks for advice so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

I'd defenatly consider dropping the bikes and bringing in a squad of possesed, possesed with a mark of khorne and daemonic tallons can do some real damage as well as acting as a good shield for your other units because of their invulnerable saves

I'd also drop feel no pain on ya lord as he invulnerable save from the glave as it is.

If you want to field a 2k world eater army i'd suggest making a few berzerker units 16 strong, You'll have a much better chance of getting into close combat with a decent amount of troops.

Here is a 1500 point army I fielded against an Imperial Guard player, it was a city fight game so I gambled on him not having many vehicles but I still took the melta bombs just incase luckily he only had 1 basilisk which my bloodthirster dealt with , also no point takin chain axes against guard,

HQ

LORD
    MARK OF KHORNE
    AXE OF KHORNE
    RAGE OF KHORNE
    TALISMAN OF BURNING BLOOD
    DAEMONIC VISAGE
    MELTA BOMBS
    =125

BLOODTHIRSTER
    =205

ELITE

LORDS RETINUE

POSSESED CHAMP
    MARK OF KHORNE
    DAEMONIC VISAGE
    DAEMONIC CHAINS
    POSSESED x 6
    MARK OF KHORNE x 6
    DAEMONIC VISAGE x 6
    =223

TROOPS

CHAMP
    MARK OF KHORNE
    JUGGERNAUT
    MELTA BOMBS
    BERZERKERS x 15
    MARK OF KHORNE x 15
    =349

CHAMP
    MARK OF KHORNE
    MELTA BOMBS
    BERZERKERS x 7
    MARK OF KHORNE x 7
    =162

CHAMP
    MARK OF KHORNE
    MELTA BOMBS
    BERZERKERS x 7
    MARK OF KHORNE x 7
    =162

HEAVY SUPPORT

DREADNOUGHT
    CLOSE COMBAT WEAPON
    DESTROYER
    SMOKE LAUNCHER
    =118

DREADNOUGHT
    PLASMA CANNON
    MISILE LAUNCHER
    MUTATED HULL
    =155

TOTAL =1499

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lap forehead: Good thing your brain works, cause mine isn't. I would drop the bikes, and either pick up a unit of bloodletters, or another unit of berzerkers. Then use extra points to beef up champs, or buy plasma pistols for the squads, whichever floats your boat.

@Steve
    If you are running your lord with your posessed, why the melta bombs? Talons will do a much better job against tanks than them.

Also, why have such an expensive model as your demonhost? You will kill of a 49 pt model, when a 34 pt one will do fine, and not really impact the squads at all.

You have also left out the single most important thing on your champs. Where is the power fist? Are you really hoping to get that one 6 to meltabomb the dreadnought that you have to charge? Also, your lack of khornate chainaxes befuddles me. Are you hoping that no one fields terminators? Or even normal marines?
    Another squad will almost always benefit you more than a few upgrades to all squads. Remember: Troops before Toys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x1)

As I was playing imperial guard in a cities of death game I took a gamble that there wouldn't b many tanks (which paid off only tank was a basilisk), and decided not to beef up my champs, no point takin chainaxes against an army that doesn't have saves better that 3+, if I was playing a marine player this list would most defenatly read differently.

As for the daemon host you are right I'll be more aware of this in the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys for the advice ive decided that im goin 2 make a 1500-200pts force now because even thou i would like to play smaller games im goin 2 leave that 2 my tau so i will work out a larger list and post in the next couple of days thank for the advice...

another question if i decide to take possed wot would be the best set up??
    Last edited by shadowsun68; August 29th, 2006 at 11:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

Now that your A.C.s have power fists you don't need the D. Strength...

+ Reply to Thread