1K WE List - Need Feedback - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

1K WE List - Need Feedback

Hi,

I'm relatively newly new to the game. Let's just leave it at that. For starters I've set a goal for a 1K point WE army, and now need some feedback for my list.

--HQ--

Worldeaters Lieutenant
    MoK, Bolt Pistol, Axe of Khorne, Feel No Pain, D. Strength, D. Armour, Furious Charge, Spiky Bits, Melta Bombs
    136pts

--TROOPS--

Worldeaters Squad
    7 Traitor Marines, A.C., Marks of Khorne, Khornate Chainaxes, Furious Charge, Plasma Pistol, [A.C. Power Weap & Melta Bombs OR Powerfist - both are same pts cost and will vary depending which would be needed)
    207pts

Worldeaters Squad
    7 Traitor Marines, A.C., Marks of Khorne, Khornate Chainaxes, Furious Charge, Plasma Pistol, [A.C. Power Weap & Melta Bombs OR Powerfist - both are same pts cost and will vary depending which would be needed)
    207pts

Worldeaters Squad
    207pts

--FAST ATTACK--
    Worldeaters Biker Squad
    4 Traitor Marine Bikers, A.C., Marks of Khorne, Khornate Chainaxes, Furious Charge, Frag Grenades, Power Fist

TOTAL: 998 pts
    ---------------------------------------------

As you can see there are not many models and a lot of points has been spent on extras like Vet skills and stuff. I'm not sure how these will do as I'm relatively new, however, so some feedback and sharing of experiences would help... basically the idea is that the A.C.s of these squads would either have a P.Fist or a P.Weap and Meltabomb depending on what he enemy army has. IMO Meltabombs seem (on paper) to be quite capable tank-killers as they have the possibility of out-penetrating fists, and also will not lower the models initiative and allow him to carry a P.Weap which will still ignore armour saves. The drawback however is that you cant make as many meltabomb attacks a turn reguardless of how many attacks in the profile. So really, if I'm facing an enemy that is mostly on foot I'd probably go for the P.Weap and meltabomb so that my AC can commit all his attacks at the same time as his comrades...

As for other stuff.. the Lt is basically just suped up so that he can travel with a Berzerker unit and double-team any harder targets. I don't plan on sending him out where he can be picked off. My Berzerkers themselves have been geared to deliver the most damage on the charge... the Furious Charge Vet skill is there so that on the charge each squad will make 25 attacks, attack first (on average), wound more easily and with chainaxes will have no problem with power or terminator armour.

Lastly the bikers are there for flexibility so that they can race anywhere really quickly to deal with important threats.. with the P.Fist it can take on vehicles, with chainaxes it'll have no problem with power armour, and it'll be doing 21 attacks on the charge for those 5 guys. It'll basically be used for taking out characters and vehicles.

So I know it's very point-heavy and I could possibly drop some stuff and have more bikers or upgrade to a D. Prince but like I said I don't have very much battle experience at all... I do know however that with such small numbers I'll need to use cover and tactics perhaps moreso than WE are used to which is why I dropped the Talisman... I don't want my guys bursting out of cover to be plastered by some horribly strong enemy unit when I want them to sit and wait for the chance to spring!

Last edited by Misanthrope; August 30th, 2006 at 20:02.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Misanthrope
    Hi,

I'm relatively newly new to the game. Let's just leave it at that. For starters I've set a goal for a 1K point WE army, and now need some feedback for my list.

--HQ--

Worldeaters Lieutenant
    MoK, Bolt Pistol, Axe of Khorne, Feel No Pain, D. Strength, D. Armour, Furious Charge, Spiky Bits, Melta Bombs
    136pts

--TROOPS--

Worldeaters Squad
    207pts

Worldeaters Squad
    207pts

Worldeaters Squad
    207pts
    Up to here everthing looks great, except the plasma pistols. The single shot isn't worth the chance of the overheat. Drop 'em.

Also, powerfists are almost necessary, use them, but note, they will give the bonus before the FC does, so the FC won't double.

--FAST ATTACK--
    Worldeaters Biker Squad
    4 Traitor Marine Bikers, A.C., Marks of Khorne, Khornate Chainaxes, Furious Charge, Frag Grenades, Power Fist
    I don't have any experience with bikes, but that's a large amount of points in 4 models in a small game.

Don't post rules like you did for the melta bombs. You should probably delete that.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Worldeaters Lieutenant
    136pts
    Most stuff looks quite good, id drop some clutter on the LT and give him a bike with a melta gun.
    You dont need BP, furious, D armour Spikey bits and melta bombs.that saves you a heap load for the bike melta dn perhaps rage of khorne.

DJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

Alright, removed that, heheh... And that Biker squad is 5 guys (w/ the AC) not just 4. Also, the bolt pistol is purely for the second CCW though yes I'd drop it for the bike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, also new to the game, and not a Khorne player, so take my comments as you see fit.

--HQ--

Worldeaters Lieutenant
    136pts
    He looks pretty good. But he needs some stuff taken out and other stuff put on. I would drop spiky bits, D. Armour, melta bombs, maybe furious charge too. Then give him D. Aura and D. Speed. You could take a bike if you want, it's up to you. But he needs a movement mode of some kind. And Aura will protect him from Hidden Fist.

--TROOPS--

Worldeaters Squad
    207pts

Worldeaters Squad
    207pts

Worldeaters Squad
    207pts
    These look pretty good. Normally I'd say no to the plasma pistol, but since it's the only special weapon you got... Then again, if you blood frenzy, you won't be shooting anyway, so then it becomes a waste.

Powerfist on the Champ will almost always be better, the high strength will be useful for killing high toughness models and light vehicles.

One more thing, these guys need a movement mode. I would suggest talismans of burning blood, but if you don't want to use those, you'll be stuck with rhinos. If you let these guys footslog it, they will most likely take lots of casualties as they advance across the board.

I can understand your wanting to use cover and tactics to avoid getting your units killed, just remember that tactics are not an especially high priority for the servants of the Blood God

--FAST ATTACK--
    Worldeaters Biker Squad
    At 1,000 pts., I would say no to these guys. A little too expensive for my tastes. I would rather take a Pred, either with tri-las or autocannon/h. bolters depending on what you're facing.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Kryptik; August 31st, 2006 at 05:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing, these guys need a movement mode. I would suggest talismans of burning blood, but if you don't want to use those, you'll be stuck with rhinos. If you let these guys footslog it, they will most likely take lots of casualties as they advance across the board.
    im sry but u never put beserkers in rhinos, even if they dont have talismans you have a 1/3 chance of them running out, which is never good

i highly suggest u take away the bikes and put in a pred, ull save tons of pts., which i also highly suggest u put into making ur HQ a demon prince with a beserker glaive and feel no pain, trust me he wont die without making up his pts.
    My Librarian's familiar just killed a fire warrior and passed two 6+ saves, he has earned the title of The Familiar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87
    Most stuff looks quite good, id drop some clutter on the LT and give him a bike with a melta gun.
    You dont need BP, furious, D armour Spikey bits and melta bombs.that saves you a heap load for the bike melta dn perhaps rage of khorne.

DJ
    You can't upgrade any weapons on a Khorne marked unit and that includes putting a melta on a bike.

I agree with previous statements about need for a predator. I would humbly suggest a twin linked las with las sponson version with daemonic possession. Its a powerful tool and with Khorne you will always find yourself light on guns so this should become a favorite of yours.

Also, don't bother with the plasma on your AC's. Beyond fears of meltdowns, you cant shoot on a turn you frenzy so it will generally be lost points. However, I notice you are light on talisman of burning blood. Its a nice upgrade for cheap. The speed from that will serve you better than a rhino. Just swarm charge them and let the blood god sort out the dice/skulls!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Familiar
    im sry but u never put beserkers in rhinos, even if they dont have talismans you have a 1/3 chance of them running out, which is never good

i highly suggest u take away the bikes and put in a pred, ull save tons of pts., which i also highly suggest u put into making ur HQ a demon prince with a beserker glaive and feel no pain, trust me he wont die without making up his pts.
    familiar, 'u' is NOT a word. Try and type 'you' mmkay?

With Regards to rhinos and bezerkers, it's a matter of opinion really. The more bezerkers that get into combat unscathed, the worse for your opponent. No one said anything about putting the 'zerkers IN the rhino. You can simply use it as a moving peice of cover.
    A rhino can easily keep up with a raging 'zerker.

With regards to Mr. HQ. I personally really like the Axe of Khorne, but in order to gain maximum benefit, you need to roll more dice and get those 6s out baby. The answer is, no not loaded dice, but mutation and spikey bitz.
    As stated earlier, your lord DOES need speed or something of that nature, and Aura is almost mandatory. Furious charge works so well for Khornate HQs, but it is expensive, so it's your call.

As stated before, at 1000pts, you'll definitely need a little more armour punch - the recommendation is a predator annihilator and i'd be some kind of wierd hippo on crack to suggest anything different.

Take the fists, and good luck.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Familiar
    I have to disagree with you there mate. I have recently started adding Rhinos into my Army and they are so effective at defending berserkers. If your lucky you can actually go the entire game not losing one berserker to shooting. But either way, you have alot less casualties by time you get to CC because your berserkers are hiding behind the rhino, whether they blood frenzied or not. Also, ontop of that, you can tank shock the rhinos against lines of troops. I managed to make 1 squad of Necron warriors and 1 squad of Necron destroyers run off the board from tank shock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru
    Also, ontop of that, you can tank shock the rhinos against lines of troops. I managed to make 1 squad of Necron warriors and 1 squad of Necron destroyers run off the board from tank shock.
    Priceless!

I have to agree that a rhino wall is a load of fun. Still would recommend tailismans.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast