1500 Latd - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1500 Latd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Latd

I traded the 1 Leaping Mutant to get Daemonic Aura on my Lord. This is 1499 Points, I'm pretty sure.

Now, the game plan is simple: My single leaping squad rushes out ahead. Their purpose is to summon the daemons. The marines shoot lascannons and plasma at vehicles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    HQ: 338 Points

2x Champions
    Mark of Khorne
    Power Fist
    Bolt Pistol
    Frag Grenades
    Demonic Mutation
    Daemonic Visage
    122 Points

Champion
    Mark of Khorne
    Power Fist
    Bolt Pistol
    Frag Grenades
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemonic Visage
    Daemonic Mutation
    71 Points

Lord
    Daemonic Stature
    Mark of Khorne
    Feel No Pain
    Daemonic Resilience
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemonic Visage
    Daemonic Venom
    Daemonic Aura
    145 Points

Elites: 240 Points
    8x Daemonettes
    120 Points

8x Daemonettes
    120 Points

Fast Attack: 120 Points
    8x Furies
    120 Points

Troops: 799 Points

19x Leaping Mutants
    Icon
    2xFlamers
    249 Points

20x Mutants
    Boss Powerfist
    Icon
    2xFlamers
    154 Points

20x Mutants
    Boss Powerfist
    Icon
    2xFlamers
    154 Points

6 Chaos Space Marines; Tankhunters
    Lascannon
    Plasma Gun
    127 Points

6 Chaos Space Marines; Tankhunters
    Lascannon
    Plasma Gun
    127 Points

Open up in the name of the Lawl!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

LatD is subject to ancient enemies, so you can't have Daemonettes in this army. I'm not a fan of the lone lord in this list, you have nothing else to attract heavy weapon's fire so he should die before he does anything.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I'm wrong most of the time with regard to LaTD but, while Daemonic packs are counted as elites aren't Daemonic Beasts counted under fast attack?
    In which case, how about some obliterators?
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, well, it looks like I have three squads of Furies instead

What's wrong with the Lord? He's BUILT to take fire. He's only instakilled by the few s10 attacks out there and he's got a buttload of saves he can make. And the more people shoot at my lord the less they shoot at my mutants.

Karmoon: I don't like Obliterators. 80 Points just for a lascannon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kingcomrade
    Karmoon: I don't like Obliterators. 80 Points just for a lascannon?
    heh. Well, it's your choice. But I would recommend checking out your codex again just to see how much they cost, what they can do etc...
    Still, the occasional player doesn't like them...
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oblits are 70 and it is more worth it than you think. With their saves at 2/5 they are tough and with 2 wounds each they last. What you get is the perfect weapon for each situation they are in. I have used pretty much every option they have and been left rather pleased. Sometimes that twin-linked melta is awesome but then next turn you turn on the heavy bolters to mow down some guard. Its nice really, but not a requirement.

Furies are fine so no big loss.

The problem I have with the lord is simply that venom is a weak mod for what he wants to do. A common varient similar to what you have would be to give him the berserker glaive so now he has double 4+ saves and REQUIRES a lot of fire. Keeping him as a straw man to help your mutants get into combat is great, but he should deserve the fire or he will stop getting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with that is: I can't take Demonic Speed if I take a Glaive. I suppose that's not a huge loss for the added durability.

Also, I didn't realize he got to make 2 saves? I thought invulnerable saves didn't stack.

How would you all feel if I dropped 1 squad of furies, jiggled some points, and added 2x obliterators? I've never used them before, are they better deep-striked or what? They've just never seemed very cost-effective for me. For 70 points I can get a lot of other things.

Also, an alternative to the current lord is a non-statured lord with a dark blade who runs alongside the leaping mutant squad. My problem with that is that he won't be nearly as effective in combat but he would cost a similar amount of points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I've never used them before, are they better deep-striked or what? They've just never seemed very cost-effective for me. For 70 points I can get a lot of other things.
    HAhahaha.. it all comes out now. Try them. Try a pair at least. You won't be dissapointed, whether they're deepstruck or whether they're not they're incredibly. I thought exactly the same thing until after i'd tried them.

Also, the non statured speedy Dark Blade using HQ is not to be underestimated. With Strength and Furious charge you'll find him a threat to all including vehicles.

With regards to the saves, I think Studentofchaos got a bit mixed up, not like him at all, tsk tsk. one is an armour save and it's 3+.
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No mistake. The glaive gives a 4+ invulnerable and feel no pain allows for a second 4+. Its a powerful combo. You have the 3+ armor as it is (88% save percentage) , but a 75% reduction on high AP weapons is rather sweet. Aura allows for a 5+ but that only rounds out to a 66% save ratio. That 9% saved plasma hits is a bigger deal than it would first seem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I stand corrected and apolomagise to studentofchaos. He was two steps ahead of me and now he, is the master.
    LO Rules

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast