2000 pt deathguard. help plz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt deathguard. help plz

Hq: 181

Lord
    w/ MoN, essence, aura, str, mutation, speed, manreaper, infiltrate, frags.
    Total: 181

Troops: 1500

Squad 1 – 306
    14 plague marines (bolters)
    2 plasma guns
    champ with nurgles rot and plague sword

Squad 2 – 306
    2 plasma guns

Squad 3 – 306
    2 plasma guns

squad 4 – 194
    7 plague marines (bolt pistol and ccw)
    infiltrate
    2 melta guns
    champ with nurgles rot and powerfist

squad 5 – 194
    infiltrate
    2 melta guns

squad 6 – 194
    infiltrate
    2 melta guns

heavies: 219

havoc squad : 219
    infiltrate
    3 melta guns

TOTAL 1900 PTS

thats 71 toughness five guys. what should i do with the extra 100 to finish it off?

my plan is to infiltrate the lord near any infantry, while placing the havocs and assaulty squads in positions to hit tanks or help out the lord. the other 42 march across and soke fire untill they get into range.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

THat is a very good army you have there! id probably drop the plauge swords in favour of fists but thats personnal choice.

How about upgrading a squad to be another havoc squad, adding another two meltaguns and infiltrate, i thik you could do this to a 14 strong squad so you will have plenty of pus bags to soak up fire.

Or you could try a cheap LT, it would be very cheap though!

DJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

This list is SOLID. If I had that many plague marine models, its basically what I would do. Peronsally, I like to take more heavy choices (like a defiler, pred, or a couple dreads), but of course, those are just my preferences. You can fill out the extra points with another HQ choice, and then youll be good to go.
    Current Wood Elf Tourney List: 3/1/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I wouldn't like to face your army hell bunny. Nice.
    It's a gruellingly efficient army, and it's left me with several thoughts:

I'd take a mix of plague swords and p.fists to be honest. Also.. where are your frag grenades?
    Also, consider instead of essence and infiltrate - furious charge. With speed, he should be able to get where he wants to and you get a very respectable S6 on the charge meaning he's a threat to the rear of many vehicles.
    If you want him as a dedicated marine killer on the first turn, they by all means, go for it - he's fine as he is.

Dan Jones idea of a second HQ is also excellent - especially at 2000points. You can do a lot with 100 points, although.. frags are probably more important.

The thing you have to bear in mind, is at the 2000point level what the heck will the enemy be fielding?
    You've clearly thought about enemy tanks and the like, but what about fast lists with jet bikes, falcons, land speeders etc?

Also.. i think you can have too much of a good thing. Plague marines are fantastic, and while they're by no means a one trick pony, there are lists out there which will take advantage of their lack of manoeuvrability (how the hell do you spell that?).

Additionally, at 2000points, you have a bit of room to play and add some more flare to the list. How about some flying possessed? No one likes flying T5 thing in power armour with an invulnerable save. Or even.. dare i say it, some Terminators say 7 with a couple of auto cannons and a modestly equipped champion.

I reckon, you should take at least 1 or 2 pieces of armour. They don't have to be expensive, will give you some nice long range fire power to play with, PLUS they'll attract attention. Give them daemonic possession and that's vital fire power away from your marines. By the time the Armour has been destroyed your Death Guard should be in for the kill.

I recommend Predators personally. 'The armoured fist of Chaos' and all that.

To be honest, you should try the army out as it is. IF you don't like anything change it then.

do you really have that many plague marines?!?
    Last edited by Karmoon; September 18th, 2006 at 12:17.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i actually do have that many plague marines. lol. anyhow, ill try it out, and post my battle reports and see how i should change it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I love it. My 2000 pt Nurgle includes a beefed up lord and his 6 termie ret w/ 2 reaper autocannons and it just wrecks havoc on other people, otherwise pfist/plauge sword combo is awesome.

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Karmoon pretty much covered what I would've said. I'd just like to reinforce his points.

ill try it out, and post my battle reports and see how i should change it.
    Sounds good. I'll be interested to see how your army fairs, especially against a more speedy army, like Eldar.

Maybe consider putting in that last melta gun in that havoc squad you have. Of course it woudln't help much against armoured vehicles because 3 melta guns are usually enough against most armour, but a 4th could always help. Especially if you have them shoot at heavy infantry, which you're sure to encounter in some armies.

Ben

+ Reply to Thread