1850 Mech undivided - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Mech undivided

ok so i was thinking about what chaos army wanted to play adn i thot of this idea please rate 1/10 general rhino rush but the av14 preds would help pop tanks that threaten my rhinos from advancing

Hq

Lord-
    MoN-
    ManReaper-
    DeamonicEssence-
    DeamonicStr-
    120pts

(ret.)
    Chosen asp champ.(6)-
    Mok(6)-
    Axe of Khorne(6)-
    D-str(6)-
    Rhino-
    Smoke-
    400pts

Troops

CMS(10)-
    Melta(2)-
    MoCU-
    Asp. Champ-
    Pwr Fist-
    Rhino-
    Smoke-
    256pts

CMS(10)-
    Melta(2)-
    MoCU-
    Asp. Champ-
    Pwr Fist-
    Rhino-
    Smoke-
    256pts

CMS(10)-
    Melta(2)-
    MoCU-
    Asp. Champ-
    Pwr Fist-
    Rhino-
    Smoke-
    256pts

CMS(10)-
    Melta(2)-
    MoCU-
    Asp. Champ-
    Pwr Fist-
    Rhino-
    Smoke-
    256pts

Hvy Support

Predator-
    Autocannon-
    Lascannon spon.-
    Mutated Hull-
    155pts

Predator-
    Autocannon-
    Lascannon spon.-
    Mutated Hull-
    155pts

Points-1854
    Moddles-47
    Tanks-2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Hmm.. The chosen are fine,.. but cannot be a retinue for the lord, they simply count as an elite choice. They have different marks and thus cannot be lead by the general.

I don't know how you'd like to resolve that. Losing the MON should be ok, but that means manreaper also.
    Alternatively, you could have the chosen in a rhino on their own, and add a few chosen bezerkers and depimp some of the chosen a wee bit. IE, only have 3 asp champs with axes and the rest bezerkers. That's still a horrible horrible amount of powerweapon attacks which become a little hidden.

With regards to the CSM squads, i say nice, i like them. Simple clean and effective. However.. they are likely to see CC assaults quite a bit, so how do you feel about counter attack or adding some plague marines for some true grit goodness.

Nurgle and Khorne just seem to go together really well.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Hq

Lord-
    MoN-
    ManReaper-
    DeamonicEssence-
    DeamonicStr-
    120pts
    Nice, if you have spare points, Bolt pistol (a shot on the way in may kill somthing!) Frag grenades.

(ret.)
    Chosen asp champ.(6)-
    Mok(6)-
    Axe of Khorne(6)-
    D-str(6)-
    Rhino-
    Smoke-
    400pts
    As Karmoon said, this cannot be a retinue. I dont like this squad, Its too expensive, id use only two with Axes the rest would be wound bags, one perhaps with a fist.

Troops

CMS(10)-
    Melta(2)-
    MoCU-
    Asp. Champ-
    Pwr Fist-
    Rhino-
    Smoke-
    256pts

CMS(10)-
    Melta(2)-
    MoCU-
    Asp. Champ-
    Pwr Fist-
    Rhino-
    Smoke-
    256pts

CMS(10)-
    Melta(2)-
    MoCU-
    Asp. Champ-
    Pwr Fist-
    Rhino-
    Smoke-
    256pts

CMS(10)-
    Melta(2)-
    MoCU-
    Asp. Champ-
    Pwr Fist-
    Rhino-
    Smoke-
    256pts
    MON would fit in nice with some of these units.

Predator-
    Autocannon-
    Lascannon spon.-
    Mutated Hull-
    155pts

Predator-
    Autocannon-
    Lascannon spon.-
    Mutated Hull-
    155pts
    Nice

I have serious issues with that squad, why not go for somthing totally different.
    You have 400 points there, you could give the squad infiltrate with the commander, make the ret four strong MON and give each Dspeed and a Chaos hound, so then you have plenty of wound bags and a surprise for your opponant first turn!

DJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

To solve the lord/retinue issue, you could detach the lord, and give him flight or speed. Then, have him move up behind one of the rhinos for saftey. Then, he could jump from behind the Rhino and assault the enemy without being damaged, or at least kept to a minimum.

Just some things to keep in mind:

That chosen squad is real expensive. Be careful to not let it open to too much fire. You don't want a squad that expensive going down...

Don't tell your opponent what is in each Rhino. That way he doesn't know which Rhino's hold your more valueable units, like the chosen.

When disembarking from the Rhino's, position your squad behind the rhino so it won't be blown to bits, thus not having as much assault power the next turn. Of course, to take advantage of the weapons in your squad, you could have just the ones holding the special weapons sticking out so they can shoot, but your close combat units in the squad won't get destroyed.

Another thing is, don't forget to pop smoke. It can be very useful at times, especially when you have to go through open fireing lanes.

Ben

+ Reply to Thread